Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
just a guy
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I mainly want a very powerful streetable car (not a 1/4 mile car) and money IS an issue, I've decided to go with 13G's...

Who has the best prices on new/used/rebuilt? Turbochargers.com says that they can upgrade my 9B's with some machining and a larger compressor wheel for $525/each. I'm assuming there are other shops that can also perform this type of upgrade. Has anyone delt with them?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Or, if you know someone who has a good set of used 13G's...I'm interested.

thanks

·
Registered
583 Posts
Let me know what you find out, I am looking into a 13G or 15G upgrade this winter....$525 doesn't seem too bad, but I wonder what a good used set is worth

·
Registered
125 Posts
14b's

I realy have now clue if this would work or not, that is why i am asking. There are many DSM people throwing away 14's because they are upgrading to 16g's or even larger. would it work to buy them? just one more posobility, posibly.

·
just a guy
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From what I understand, the 14B is not a direct bolt in replacement for the stock 9B, however the 13G and 15G are. It has to do with the center housing....

There may be adapter plates out there, but I'm looking for something a little more simple. Granted, there are a ton 14B's out there that I'm sure you get pretty cheap.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I can't make up my mind whether or not I want to upgrade to the DR650's now or wait a while. The only thing holding me back is time to remove the 13g's and install the DR650's. (I know, it's only one 10 hour day to do the job, but finding one 10 hour day to do nothing but work on the car is difficult). When I decide, I will be selling the 13g's with approximately 15k miles for 900.00 plus a set of 9b's for a core. (Gotta ask for a core also as it will cost me an extra 300.00 to get the DR650's without em). They are very clean and have no problem holding 16psi all the way to redline. If you're seriously interested, I may find time to do the upgrade soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts