Flasher
9,650 Posts
Re: 100MPH chase

Proabably worked his ass off to get that car how it was, what a shame. :(

·
SlowTT
1,183 Posts

it says its a 4 door white sedan in the article not a supra(supra being a 2 door coupe) but this crash just shows how fucked up our world is. people are so screwed up and they choose to kill themselves and others rather than face teh consequences

·
Flasher
9,650 Posts

After watching that video some more, it looks like the Supra driver did swerve off the road to avoid him and the piece of shit went off the road after him.

You can see they're both on the other side of the outside white line before and at impact.

Supra driver really had NO options, swerve right and hit a stationary box (w/e it is), go straight hit oncoming pos, swerve left into oncoming traffic so his instincts only choice was lock up the brakes. :( Pisses me off more to see that he did get over out of the way.

·
the car whisperer
1,285 Posts

Hopefully the electric hydrogen cars will have remote shut offs. That would end pursuits all together.

It's always so unsettling to see a myspace page or a blog post of someone who is no longer with us.

Poor guy, this just goes to show you, your never safe.

·
Vr4 Owner As of 12-20-04
829 Posts

Good to see you're still a waste of sperm that will blame the cops for anything, even when a douche bag goes and robs a bank and then kills another person.

Also, how do you explain the hypocrisy in your statement about trash cops not helping the guy in the supra, then you make a joke about supra's losing?

Do us all a favor and eat a 9mm slug at high V for breakfast.

Yeah, I saw that you had posted that on SFOT.
LOL I knew you would say something like this. I dont hope for you kill yourself though.

·
Mr. Boombastic
1,342 Posts

I think that there was a chance to survive for Supra driver. he would crash his car thats for sure but still be alive. but again he was not expecting it. so he did his best.

·
Registered
119 Posts

I wrote a paper about police chases last year, that I was for them. That was because the guy who was being chased ended up paralyzed. He did nothing other than a minor traffic violation. But when he was flagged, he didn't stop. Police performed their manuever to stop him and he and his car ended up in a ditch. All he had to do was pull over initially.
In that paper, I defended the cops, and I still defend the cops. You all say run tags, etc. and pick him up later. What are you going to do when they start stealing cars or leaving plates off or switching plates? Who's to say he wouldn't have drove straight into that Supra anyway? While the chances appear to slim down, you cannot prove it any differently. You cannot prove a criminal mind is thinking as logically or reasonably as one of our own.

I don't want to turn this into a debate or an argument - just stating my opinion.
I'm sorry that happened to the guy in the Supra. My condolences to his family and friends.

·
Registered
217 Posts

I wrote a paper about police chases last year, that I was for them. That was because the guy who was being chased ended up paralyzed. He did nothing other than a minor traffic violation. But when he was flagged, he didn't stop. Police performed their manuever to stop him and he and his car ended up in a ditch. All he had to do was pull over initially.
In that paper, I defended the cops, and I still defend the cops. You all say run tags, etc. and pick him up later. What are you going to do when they start stealing cars or leaving plates off or switching plates? Who's to say he wouldn't have drove straight into that Supra anyway? While the chances appear to slim down, you cannot prove it any differently. You cannot prove a criminal mind is thinking as logically or reasonably as one of our own.

I don't want to turn this into a debate or an argument - just stating my opinion.
I'm sorry that happened to the guy in the Supra. My condolences to his family and friends.

All the paper-writing in the world doesn't make your point rational.

Point One: Criminals don't follow the laws. If chased, they will break more laws.

Point Two: 100MPH chases, by definition, are dangerous to all of us.

Conclusion: Since we can agree that it is the police's job to protect us, and we can agree that chases are dangerous, it logically follows that chases are not part of the police's job.

What's so hard to understand about that?

Police chases are not rational. This is not my opinion, this is simple logic.

·
91 RT/TT
302 Posts

My $.02 - dont argue or flame about it and just leave condonlences for a fellow enthusiast - i checked out his myspace and i liked the music so i think he was a good guy and had a heart because he had a passion for a car - criminals are people and so are police (and nobody really likes either of them) ,so argueing wont change either side .... RIP man - too bad it was too early

·
Rockstar
1,639 Posts

damn, that is extremely depressing. I had a friend who was killed driving into a train doing about 50mph this past summer and he was dragged for over a mile. That was one of the worst things I've ever had to deal with. It's really sad that the guy in the Supra died, that's not fair that his life was ended that way. Best of luck to his family and friends. RIP :(

·
Super Moderator
3,199 Posts

LOL I knew you would say something like this. I dont hope for you kill yourself though.
That's because you constantly wish to shift blame from the criminal to the police officer. You're a moron and shouldn't breed.

·
Super Moderator
21,094 Posts

On Supra Forums? Imagine that.
However, behind all the keyboard warriors, people are organizing and donating flowers / $ to his family, paying respect. Even a Honda forum is organizing a memorial cruise / charity for Alex's family.

Let's ask ourselves instead, what can we do? I don't have a Myspace so I can't contact his top friends. But it would be great if someone could, and ask how best to support Alex's family.

We on the forums are sometimes nothing more than angry angst-ridden teenagers with anonymity and wikipedia on our sides, fighting between and within each platform - but in the end, the cars bring us together. I believe that if Alex had been driving a 3/S, people would be flocking here from the farthest reaches of car forums to wish us / him their best.

Let's just take a moment and reflect on why we are all on 3Si, what we all live for, how hard we all work to maintain, modify, and enjoy our cars, and how tragically our brother Alex was taken from us while immersed in his Supra with the same passion.

Ryan

41 - 60 of 91 Posts