Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want to get my car to go faster, but don't want to spend a fortune. NOS is much cheaper than any other alternative that i have found for a base car. Has anyone timed their 0-60 with NOS? What kind of a shot were you running? I think that I read about a base pulling a Subaru WRX Impreza with his base and a 75 shot. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
with my 100shot of nos I'm able to from a roll walk away from a stock vr4 by a couple of car lenght...with my new setup in a two months I will be able to destroy modded vr4 from a roll:eek:

·
HIGHRISK
501 Posts
How do you launch your car with NOS? Do you use it in first gear? And what do you do during shift changes? Also, what RPM do you tac up to when you drop the clutch? I'm beginning to find out that revign to 2500 RPM and sidestepping the clutch works pretty well for my car. I get tire spin, but it pulls and then shoots off.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
no way I never used nos in first gear....its activated with a wide open throttle switch next to the TB. but It also have a switch in the car that i turn on after i shift into second gear...

Ive raced a stock 94 z28 from a roll and in 2nd gear at 4000rpm slam on the gas and hit the 100shot of nos at the same time...instant 2 cars on him then continue to 4 then 6 then he gave up:D funny thing he was too embarace to tell his buddies how much he lost by.I had to break the bad news.;)

remember start of easy and work your way up to max 100shot or (.047) jet size.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, but my car is a base:rolleyes: and I would have to have that four thousand dollar supercharger just to be even with your BASE hp. How many seconds do you think that a 75 shot would drop off of my 0-60 time? I usually stay about 2 car lenghts behind 5.0 Mustangs. How bad could I pull one with the 75 shot?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts