The following rules and guidelines have been setup to try to keep the atmosphere on the forums friendly and civil.
It is impossible for the Moderation staff to create a rule to cover every possible topic that may arise. The moderation staff reserves the following rights:
- To delete any post even if it does not violate any stated rules.
- To ban or suspend a member even if their post does not violate any stated rules.
- To lock any post even if it does not violate any stated rules.
- The Moderation staff reserves the right to amend or modify these Rules whenever necessary.
The forum and the club are privately owned entities. As with any privately owned business the customers do not get a "vote" in who runs the company.
01) Definiation: Banner Ad
This term is used several times in the rules. This is the definition that 3SI is using. Any image advertising a product, forum, business or website will be considered a "Banner ad". It is the discretion of the Forum Administration if an image is an advertisement. It does not matter if that image is a link or just a static image.
02) Posting and content rules
- NEVER post anyone's
personal information. The moderation staff does not care if the person is Attila
the Hun or Hitler it is not acceptable and may result in your suspension.
- We have a classifieds sections, Use it. Any "for
sale" posts outside of the Classifieds section will be deleted on
- Adding content to your post to "avoid" the
signature rules is not allowed.
- Topics aimed at specific users like "Hey
*whoever*" won't be allowed. Topics like that should go into a private message
- Any question that can be sufficiently answered with a
yes/no or one-liner will be deleted on sight.
- Report improper posts
as opposed to "handling" them yourself. This is what
the moderation team is here for. Responding to an improper post could could
have negative effects on your ability to use the forum
- NEVER respond with
"SEARCH" If you think its easy to find something search for a few
links and provide them with a suggestion to search next time.
- Do not expect the moderation staff to clean up after you. As a rule we do not move threads. Threads posted in the incorrect forum will be deleted(Unless the moderator is in a good mood ).
- HTML that alters the board flow in any way is not allowed.
- Adding HTML that plays sound or loads non visual content is not allowed.
- Threads/replies encouraging other illegal/unethical action will not be
allowed. This also includes threads about using and/or obtaining illegal
copies of copyrighted material such as software, music, videos, and sharing
registration and license keys of copyrighted material.
- Controversial topics, such as religion, political debates, etc are only
allowed in the members area.
- Not work safe content is only allowed in the members area. Check the sticky in that forum for specifics.
Spamming or intentional business advertisements by businesses that do not sponsor
3si.org are not allowed. Threads or PMs determined to be "spam" will be deleted or forwarded to the Administration, This type of posting could possibly result with privileges to our board restricted or denied without notice.
Lottery schemes being advertised on this board are considered Spam. Excessive advertisement of other "for profit" forums is also considered spam, and will be dealt with accordingly.
Soliciting for Members of this site to go and join another site is also considered a form of Spam. Mentioning another site for reference or as an information source is acceptable but direct solicitation aimed at our Members to bolster some other site's Membership is inappropriate and subject to Moderator disciplinary action.
Public or Private?
Let's start by going over the idea of a ‘public’ forum. It has been suggested that this is a ‘public’ forum. Well, no....It is not. Just about any forum on the internet is not public in that it is not owned by everyone. It might appear public in that membership is open to just about everyone, but that is the limits of it. Forums are more of a benevolent dictatorship.
The forum is actually private and owned by Autoforums. What this means is that your participation on the forum and the content are subject to our allowing you and your content to exist here. That can sound a lot more heavy handed than it really is. What it does mean, is that we can limit spammers, porn and anything else we feel does not add to the content of the site and does not add to the positive experience of the community. We set the rules and enforce them. Agree or not, we make the final determinations and decisions. The buck stops here.
Copyright and ownership
By posting anything here, you agree that you have control over the copyright of the material. If ownership of text or images is determined to belong to some other entity and they ask for it to be removed, it will be complied with. Copyright of what you write will always belong to you if you don't knowingly assign it to another person with your informed consent. A forum owner however has legal liability over the contents of his forum - this usually means ownership of the posts - but not necessarily the copyright.
In other words, it is your work, but you assign ownership.
By using this forum, you grant 3si.org permission to own rights to your publishing, and posting (meaning, by using this forum and submitting any information, you hereby give site owner all rights of your submission and content). By accepting this agreement, you agree all previous submissions made by oneself are owned by site owner.
03) Signature Rules
The signature is provided to tell the members something about you, your car(s), or something related. Signatures are not a place to put complaints, Advertising or the recent hottie pic. The administration team reserves the right to remove any signature they feel violates the following rules. Repeated violation could result in the of your right to a signature.
All signatures must comply with the following:
- No advertising is allowed.Hits for
pay, free iPod and similar links are considered advertising.
Exceptions to the advertising rule:
Paid sponsors of 3SI are allowed to have a banner advertisement in
3S Chapters/Events may have a banner ad for their Chapter/Event.
You may list up to three sales from the classifieds forums in your signature
at any time.
- You are not allowed to place any content in your Signature that you have
been compensated for.
- Quoting other members to ridicule, harass or otherwise embarrass them is not allowed.
- Placing images in your sig designed to ridicule, harass or otherwise embarrass them is not allowed.
- Your total signature can not be larger than a 640x300 image.
- Images Must be G rated (If the administrators think its too suggestive they will remove it). Putting a NWS(Not Work Safe) image in your signature will result in your posting privileges being suspended for as long as the administrators think fitting.
- Using post attachments for signature images is forbidden.
- HTML that alters the board flow in any way is not allowed.
- Adding HTML that plays sound or loads non visual content is not allowed.
04) Avatar Rules
The administration team reserves the right to remove any
avatar they feel violates the following rules. Repeated violation could result
in the of your right to a avatar.
- You are not allowed to place any content in your Avatar that you have been compensated for.
- You are not allowed to use your avatar for
advertising(Except sponsoring company logos)
- Images Must be G (If the administrators think its too suggestive they will remove it).
Putting a NWS(Not Work Safe) image in your avatar will result in your posting privileges being suspended for as long as the administrators think fitting.
If the moderators have to remove an avatar that is above PG there will be a 72 hour suspension.
05) Language and Harrassment
While using the occasional off-color word is okay, many people are deeply offended by vulgar language. If you feel you must swear to get your point across, please try censor your language appropriately so as to not be overly offensive.
Do not profanity in thread titles, Posts with profanity in the title will be
Chain Letter type threads are not allowed on this site.
Flames, or Derogatory Insults
Flames or derogatory insults are strictly against the rules. If you disagree with another member's point of view, do so in a mature and civil manner. If someone posts to discuss their personal problems or seek help from other forum members, please do not respond unless you have something positive or helpful to add. If you find yourself being flamed or insulted by another member, please do not dignify that person with a response.
Notify a moderator and let us handle it. If you feel you must respond to a flame or insult directly, please do NOT do so on the board. Use private messages or e-mail.
Making group generalizations is strictly forbidden. Anyone using phrases like "Class of ## FTL" will receive a 5 day suspension for each occurrence. It does not have to be that exact phrase ANY phrase that can be taken as as an insult, harassment, a flame,... to a group of users will qualify under this rule. Any text in your profile, post or signature will count. It is totally up to the moderation staff to determine of a phrase counts. Their will be no discussion or debate if any moderator thinks the phrase you used counts.
Racism, or Sexism
Threads or replies promoting or expressing intolerant views towards any group (race, religion, sexual preference) are not appropriate, and will not be allowed.
Threatening other board members
Threatening other board members will not be tolerated. This includes threats of physical violence, threats of property damage, death threats,
terrorist threats, or threatening to hack another person's online identity or computer.
Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.
06) Trolling, Illegal Activities
Threads/replies encouraging other illegal/unethical action will not be allowed. This also includes threads about using and/or obtaining illegal copies of copyrighted material such as software, music, videos, and sharing registration and license keys of copyrighted material.
“Trolling", or makings posts with the sole intention of creating discontent or problems on the forums is obviously against the forum guidelines. This includes registering an alternate ID for the sole purpose of creating problems on the forums. "Troll ID's" will be locked immediately and permanently, and can be locked without notification to the offender.
This also includes creating posts on this site to organize, instigate, or stage trolling attacks on other sites.
3si.org does not recommend or condone any such activity.
07) Sponsor and moderator bashing
Attacking a sponsor on the board is inappropriate. If you have a complaint with a sponsor, you may post the information in the appropriate forum and show the facts pertinent to the problem at hand. If you do post on the board about a specific problem involving a sponsor, please remain calm and state the facts. Do not let emotion cloud the issue at hand.
We really hope situations can be resolved off-line but we will not prohibit a statement of fact
BUT we will control the thread so as to stop the "Hate" or
"Me too" replies these threads often generate.
If the situation resolution seems to be totally unacceptable or completely ignored, you should contact the Board Administrator directly with your situation. Send all pertinent information to
This rule is designed to cover business practices and posts relating to a sponsors business, their products, their pricing.
Attacking Forum Moderators
Please utilize the board's Private Message function, or e-mail, if you wish to discuss a situation with a moderator. As long as you bring up your concerns maturely and civilly to the moderator or administrator in question, we will do our best to address your concerns fairly and promptly. Continued attacks to a moderator on-line will usually result in restriction for some interval from our site even for the first offense.
Issues with the moderators should be brought to the attention of dpfsharkbait or Administrator.
Issues with the Admin can be taken to the moderators or sent to [email protected]
08) 3si.org site Communications
Using the 3si.org e-mail link or the 3si.org PM process to send threats of violence, racial attacks, personal or sexually harassing messages is prohibited. You will be warned once and the 2nd offense is 7 days restriction from the board. Any additional offense of this nature will result in a permanent ban from the site.
Anyone that feels they are a victim of this problem should immediately contact a moderator or a site Administrator for assistance. DO NOT DELETE THE MESSAGE(S). Please keep the offending message(s) on hand so that you can forward them to the Administrator, as evidence, for action against the perpetrator.
Using the 3si.org e-mail link or the 3si.org PM process to "avoid" the rules on copyrighted material is not allowed. If a member of the moderation staff believes the PM system was used to break these rules your account may be suspended.
09) Classifieds and Buyer/Seller section
Businesses that are not sponsors can not sell or advertise on 3SI. Violations of this rule can result in a suspension or ban of your account.
- Links to eBay auctions are OK in this forum provided the following guidelines are followed:
The thread heading or subject line must clearly state it concerns an eBay auction. Subject line should look something like this:
1999 Black 3000GT SL On E-bay
Set of 1995 SL Seats on E-bay
- No Auction style sales.
- Firearms or related items are not allowed to be offered on this site.
In order to protect this site from Federal problems we cannot allow the selling, trading, or buying of any gun or weapon related items.
- No harrassing the sellers. If you think the price is too much just move on.
Harrassing a seller about their asking price can get your account suspended.
- If you think someone is trying to rip someone off report the post and let the moderators handle it.
- Include the item description and price in the title.
- You may only have one active thread offering the same product or service
at a time.
- You may not advertise a competing product in another person's thread.
- Spam for "free i-pod" etc are not classifieds, and are not to be posted anywhere.
- If any item requires freight shipping, the location of the item must be included in the post.
- You are selling something, so subscribe to and monitor your post.
- If you are selling a car please include the following in your posts title.
mileage(if their is room)
98 3000GT SL Atlanta,GA $10.000 99k
I'm sure this will make it easier for you to sell your car.
Group buys must state if this is an offering by the product vendor/manufacturer,
or a member trying to start a buy, in the original
A positive review cannot be submitted for sellers/sponsors/vendors that have had their seller/sponsor/vendor status revoked, suspended, or banned. A positive review can be submitted after the seller/sponsor/vendor has rectified all previous problems, which has to be verified by the buyer.
11) Active 3SI members
Any forum user that has an active membership with 3SI(3000GT/Stealth International) will receive a few forum perks.
The Perks include:
- Ability to compete in the Ride of the Month competition.
- Extra PM space (125 total).
- A larger avatar (150x150).
- Access to the members only forum.
Beyond these stated "Perks" the active members of 3SI do not have any additional rights or privileges.
Any member who is suspended or banned for any reason shall not be entitled to any refund.