Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Wings and Wheels Event

665 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  kookie026 
#1 ·
Over Memorial Day weekend there is a vintage air and car show happening at the Sikorsky Memorial Airport in Stratford CT. On Monday, May 31, many of the planes will be leaving and they are opening up the ramp for car clubs to have exhibits. It takes at least 10 cars from the club to have an exhibit. I am working the show on Sunday but am trying to organize at least 10 members to show on Monday. I am also working on setting up a photo op with each car with one of the vintage planes that will be there on Monday.

See the NE thread and follow links to the show's site.
http://www.3si.org/forum/f87/4th-annual-memorial-day-run-493967/

If you are interested sign up on the NE thread. I have the official signup sheet but as I said it will take at least 10 cars to exhibit.

Regardless, if you like vintage cars or planes, this is going to be a very special event.

#2 ·
So here is the skinny on the photo ops with the planes.

The bad news

Due to how close to showtime we are coupled with the number of expected cars for the show on Monday it was determined that there would not be enough time to coordinate this activity for all the cars participating.

The good news

Because of my involvement with the planning an execution of this event they have authorized the photo op for our club only!!! That's right, of all the expected hundreds of cars participating on Monday 3si WILL BE THE ONLY ONES ALLOWED TO POSE WITH THE PLANES FOR PHOTO OPS.

The professional photographer is still willing to shoot the pics and there will be a nominal donation over the $10 event fee (probably around $20) but with the exception of the Black Horse cars we are the only ones with this opportunity.

You're welcome!!!

Downside is we will need to be there a little earlier than the rest of the cars (about 7:30 - 8 which will firm up over the next week) but did I mention we are the only ones to get this opportunity?

More info on the Monday show.

Keep in mind, for safety reasons, this will be a static show. That means when your car is in place it needs to remain there until the show is over. I am having my girlfrien come in her Audi so I have freedom of movement and I can extend that to others when she is there if need be. Let me know if this will be an issue for you and I'll see what can be worked out.

Also, they are getting ready to open the show to non-club cars. This means that there will be an area where individual cars will be shown but that will be parking lot style, more like how the cars were positioned at UCONN. The club exhibits will have their own areas and freedom to arrange their cars within that area how they choose. These areas will be prepositioned by the high end cars and remaining aircraft and you will have more room around the cars to exhibit them. Currently we are the only tuner club (I hate that name) that has an exhibit although more may sign up before the show.

More updates forthcoming

#4 ·
anymore pics? thats a true 96?

#5 ·
Here's the photo thread link

http://www.3si.org/forum/f87/memorial-day-sikorsky-car-show-pics-496532/

tomorrow or Wed there should be a photobucket link to all the pics.

Yes it's a true 96 RTtt, (#32) one of four forest green on black. We also had a 95 vr4 spyder at the event.

I was at the post event meeting tonight and they are discussing making this an annual fund raising event. If this happens I'm thinking this would make a great venue for future gatherings. Currently both the East Coast gathering and the NE gathering happen in May and this is the fourth CT Memorial Day gathering so it could cause schedule conflicts but maybe we could combine events and have a larger turnout? If you have any thoughts post them in the photo thread link above.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.