Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Raise your weapon!

4K views 46 replies 19 participants last post by  AshyBone 
#1 ·
Ok I'm tired of being the butt of the joke around people when I say I like my 3000... I plan on changing the way people feel when they look at a vr4

I just spent a small fortune fixing a ton of minor s### that was plaguing my car, I still have a few bugs including a non running radiator fan but what gets me is I was recently talking to some people and well the conversation drifted towards cars with some praising the 240sx/Silvia (I own one in flat black) and some going for muscle cars... I mentioned that I am fond of the vr4, I love it and mine is faster than stink on a skunk. No one there knew what the...? I was talking about, I'm referring to 30+ yr olds, the 2 chics I understand since they both drive little Acura rsx and a Prius but the one guy that works for me... He owns a grand Torino that runs on e85 so I know he knows about my car ... Yet all he said was "my old math teacher had one" this made me feel uncool ... I mean what the F? So from now on I'm going to raise my weapon,

Our cars are old, they have lots of little problems, but they are plenty bad ass and no matter how you look at it even a 1st gen looks good today and I have been asked if my car is a new model before.

I have had many headaches over the years but I still believe in the platform, I wanna know if anyone else feels the same. We have a twin turbo charged tank of a car, and AWD. It's not a run of the mill marina... (lol piano falls on one) it's time we get the exposure we deserve... Unfortunately due to a few gremlins this year I won't be making ECG. I'll stick around and continue trying new things, a few months back I had a new muffler custom fabricated and I attempted to start selling it but that is more than I could chew, it cost me thousands to get it made and my cost I wouldn't be able to pass to buyers.

Any way, /rant but still... Raise your weapon!

Sent from the black suburban with gov. Plates outside your place

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
FIRST IN ON EPIC THREAD!!!!

I'm with you 100%. I was actually talking the the guy I bought my HX35 for my conquest last night, a DSMer and the conversation went from how badass a tubo HX35's are to how bad ass 4G63 engine is. I started talking about my VR4 and how the Starquest and the Eclipse GSX are going to be faster than my VR4. Then we started to talk about how badass VR4's are, then I stopped and asked if he knew I was talking about the 3000GT and he said he thought I was talking about the Galant. EVERY TIME I mention VR4 around DSMers they always go straight to the Galant.

Now when people ask me what I drive I tell them fast cars then they always give me this stupid look. I tell them I have an eclipse that I'm building they say its a girls car. I tell them I have a 3000GT VR4 Twin Turbo Allwheel Drive, they give me this confused look and ask what that is. If they "know cars" I get the infamous "Their to heavy to be fast" Oh my God... Evo drivers tend to give them some kind of respect, almost... Sometimes. But with all the problems my car has given me I don't plan on trading it, Not even for a supra :p

#3 ·
Never ran into those issues.
Any time I mention my car to someone they're always saying something along the lines of "Damn I always loved that car!". Or when they come into my office and see my wall plastered with various pics of 3000GT's that say the same thing and even ask if that's the VR4 or turbo as they're not sure.

#8 ·
+2

A kid in one of my classes has a early Supra turbo and he knows about my our cars and doesn't talk shit about it, and I've had it several times where people ask if it's the TT version and think it's really cool (and I only have a first gen.) One dude even thought it was a Ferrari. Haha.

#4 ·
ok i'm tired of being the butt of the joke around people when i say i like my 3000... I plan on changing the way people feel when they look at a vr4

i just spent a small fortune fixing a ton of minor s### that was plaguing my car, i still have a few bugs including a non running radiator fan but what gets me is i was recently talking to some people and well the conversation drifted towards cars with some praising the 240sx/silvia (i own one in flat black) and some going for muscle cars... I mentioned that i am fond of the vr4, i love it and mine is faster than stink on a skunk. No one there knew what the...? I was talking about, i'm referring to 30+ yr olds, the 2 chics i understand since they both drive little acura rsx and a prius but the one guy that works for me... He owns a grand torino that runs on e85 so i know he knows about my car ... Yet all he said was "my old math teacher had one" this made me feel uncool ... I mean what the f? So from now on i'm going to raise my weapon,

our cars are old, they have lots of little problems, but they are plenty bad ass and no matter how you look at it even a 1st gen looks good today and i have been asked if my car is a new model before.

I have had many headaches over the years but i still believe in the platform, i wanna know if anyone else feels the same. We have a twin turbo charged tank of a car, and awd. It's not a run of the mill marina... (lol piano falls on one) it's time we get the exposure we deserve... Unfortunately due to a few gremlins this year i won't be making ecg. I'll stick around and continue trying new things, a few months back i had a new muffler custom fabricated and i attempted to start selling it but that is more than i could chew, it cost me thousands to get it made and my cost i wouldn't be able to pass to buyers.

Any way, /rant but still... Raise your weapon!

+1

#5 ·
Whenever I mention the VR-4 it's either unknown (not a bad thing imho) or somebody has a lot of praise for the platform, knowing it's fast at the very least.

When the whip is actually with me it gets nothing but compliments and positive attention. This is coming from more or less all platform owners and age groups to boot.

Never really run into these issues, maybe you're over thinking it or hang out with a bunch of lames. Haha. :p

#6 ·
turbo models are few and far between here in wv, but were a pretty tight nit group, and all our cars get respect, but whats funny around here is that we also try to invite all the n/a 3000s and stealths to come hang out with us, but for some reason every n/a owner here usually thinks that they are better than us, and are too good to hang with our turbo cars? lol i dunno if they are just jelous and dont wanna see a vr4 that they dont own, or if they are just genuine douch bags, but it's a funny feeling when the dude in a 3k base tries to act so superior to you and your vr4. lol but oh well.

also from now on, before you bring up your 3000gt, first ask if they played gran turismo 1&2 lol if they did, then they always seem to remember that 948hp puma beast. lol

#14 ·
I guess I dont hang around 3/S owners very much, but I havent really noticed any sort of bad attitudes from NA owners (I am one myself so it may be a bit biased :p ). I can understand not showing up at meets though, for the most part us NA owners have them simply because we cant afford anything faster. And as a result they arent in as good shape along with being a hell of a lot slower, showing up at a meet mainly just rubs that in your face.

Though I can definitely vouch for the lack of respect these cars get, always have people in their auto base model mustangs talking smack. The odd thing is that a person with a car that would absolutely smoke mine tends to have a lot more respect than someone who cant even stay within a few car lengths on a 1/4mile.

#7 ·
Ah I'm used to that... I know some with N/A that not only think so but honestly believe they are better than the tt... I mostly avoid arguments because I am too violent, but my disdain is well known about certain people, i welcome all though if they show respect they get respect back and I don't mind answering anything unless it's stupid... Don't ever ask me if my vr4 is supercharged... Oh what the f&$$?

I've also gotten a bit resilient to insults as I have been to some places where I have heard s$@t talk about my car before they hear and see it run but that is par for the course

#9 ·
I always enjoyed being the butt of the joke for those who had never ridden in or raced against the VR-4. The serious joking quickly stopped as soon as that was taken care of. Beyond that, we all give each other shit for what we all drive, I get more shit for my Miata than I ever got for the VR-4. :p

The people who are super serious about cars and don't love it for the joy of driving and don't have an open mind really aren't worth talking to.

#13 ·
I own a 94 SL and ive never thought that my car was even close to being as awesome as a VR4...i have a deep fondness for all mitsu cars, every single car ive owned has been...3 gen eclipse, then a GST, and now i have a beast of a sl...i will always love these cars no matter whats under the hood...even the sohc guys need some love once in a while...

To be honest i think the 6g72 platform is def the most powerful engine that mitsu has to date...even being 13+ year old cars they are so awesome...even tho im eventually making my sl a swapped vr4 im doing it cuz i love my car and i want to have the most potential that it can...and AWD is badass...buying a fast car doesnt make u kool, it just makes ur insurance go up lol...especially here in NJ

#15 ·
Well today I started the process to raise my weapon by ordering the mounting hardware for my bride seats

Back seat delete next, plastidip window trim this weekend

#20 ·
I don't know what would you call a 4 foot tall fuel spray whenever the key is put in?

luckily there is no spark or I wouldn't need to shoot it to kill it

it is back to its normal state for now, a giant lawn ornament

#22 ·
Never really had that problem with N/A's, in fact quite the opposite as it should be. I remember when I had an N/A, all I wanted was to check out VR-4's. Haven't met anyone differently thus far.

i only wish this place were that normal. it's mostly arogant wanna be's "the ones who think there supirior" and only a few level headed ginuine car guys.

kelvin. where is it spraying from?

#24 ·
Today... I got the news I never wanted to hear ... The car is dead, there is nothing that can be done to save the engine, I need a new one...

It was nice... I
Liked the car... I'm so fucking sad right now it's like losing a loved one

Any mod... Please close this thread

#27 ·
There was something else going on, I drained all the oil, put new oil, cleaned off all the gas and then tried to start it remember? I heard a loud bang from the block and then it just wouldn't move... Fast forward to today the bearings look like crumpled paper, the rod appears to have an s curve, the timing is jumped, valves shot heads warped, not sure but I think the crank might be damaged too

It is being disassembled right now... Taken out of car, I talked to Ray about getting one of his engines.. So I'm still undecided on whether to ship the car back to long island and have him make me an engine or keep it here and buy all the parts then put it together... Any idea how much a tow would be from lake George area to ronkonkoma ny? Yeah that is the dilemma I'd like to keep it but the prospect of that is killing me

#28 ·
let them do the an entire longblock for you and just drop it in, or at least get a shorty shipped to you, easier that way

#33 ·
I feel the same way... and I actually feel quite sad that I no longer own one after reading things like this over and over on here.

Eventually, I will go back for round 2 in the 3S game. :) Would really like a 6 speed next time.

Kelvin, good luck with the car. It sounds like you know what you need to do.

#35 ·
this here placeholder for future updates on the ancient spirit of evil, or Diana, dirty Diana as I call my car

just picture me in the garage in the dark conjuring "ancient spirits of evil, transform this decayed form into mum-ra the ever living"

you have no idea of the forces you are dealing with

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.