Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

racing on empty runway

816 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  mcmanus108 
#1 ·
I just did what I had always wanted to do, threw caution to the wind and drove my car in an empty runway... with planes taking off in the distance, I didn't exactly beat on the car but I took on a G35 coupe and a honda delsol and actualy spanked them pretty good, after that I just drove around from end to end for a little while while enjoying the sounds of the car with an open downpipe...

just thought I'd share, i wanted to take pictures but the time fram was limited

#2 ·
Sounds like you're having a heck of a lot more fun than me right now lol.

#5 ·
it is 7003 ft long by 170ft wide, we actualy had that one and the next which is 7001ft long by 150ft wide, so if you know your dimensions each runway is about 1.5 miles give or take and they must be super flat or with very little elevations or dips, I got the car to 120mph but I am sure you could reach over 150mph easy on it, my thing was that my brakes are not in the best shape and I was about to take a dip if I didn't stop soon enough, I'm doing my brakes today though, wish me luck, I was perusing through how to do it and it's not as simple as I thought... but... I did my own tie rods... so I am ready for a challenge

next time I can get a chance to do this I am videotaping it, I just dunno when again, because there can't be any possibility of a flight using it while you are out there being a giant c0@k

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.