Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Please help me understand...

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  TwIzTeD_3kGt 
#1 · (Edited)
I may be putting myself up for some ridicule on the site with this topic... I know how some can be when the topic of car value comes up. However I need to sell my 97 3000GT SOHC to get my 91 Stealth R/T TT on the road and to save myself the burden of $400 a month in car payments. I have come down $1300 dollars from my original price of $8,500 yeah I know that was steep but I feel $7,200 is justified for what I have. The car has been listed going on a month and had some interest but always falls through. Is it price or is it just hard to sell a 3/S...

The Goods:
*New drilled and slotted Rotors with ceramic pads (less then 1,000 miles on them)
*Megan Coilovers
*K&N Intake
*Maximal Single Shot and Testpipe (stock exhaust included)
*18” Konig Lightning Lightweight series wheels, BF Goodrich Radial T/A KDW II’s
*Pioneer Avic-D3 with pioneer speakers, ipod connect
*35% tint sides 5% rear, laminex tails (Professionally installed @ the Tint Shop)
*PA car originally, never driven in Winter (garage kept, no rust)
*3 owner, clean carfax
*Always washed/ waxed
*Never abused

Car has low, mileage at just over 75K and is clean clean clean... no lie

I'm at work so can't post pictures but I'll give a link to my cardomain page.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3804487/1997-mitsubishi-3000gt

I mean come on it won Show off of the Week! :D Has to be worth $7K which is in the end what I want... any input is appreciated I want this sold! :(

Edit:
Might I add that the tires aswell have less then 1,000 miles on them. Car needs absolutley nothing and SOHC are the most reliable engine I've ever owned!

See less See more
#2 ·
hey man i had my 95 sl for sale for awhile a lot of interest but no one would commit. and it had 120 k and i was asking 5k for it. Finnaly traded it for my f-150 and 2k cash. so it wasnt too bad of a deal. But it is hard to sell them for what we want out of them.

#3 ·
It just kills me that at 8500 I had interest but at 7200 nothing... about it return it to stock setup and run it during the winter... I would hate to because it's so clean and never seen salt but selling the wheels and coilovers would be enough to register the Stealth... I need to feel that boost again before it's winter!

#5 ·
It's over saturation of cheap ass cars all over the place, I see dealers selling trans ams for less than 4k and real nice cobalt supercharged for less than 8k, I took a drive thru a few dealers since I'm interested in buying a Taurus SHO (I got one as work provided car now) and I frigging love it so much I want one! And the amount of cheap nice cars I saw is big!!! I nearly drove away in a 2006 Cadillac cts but didn't wanna pay Washington dc sales and tags tax ( which they call something different) for 9,600 with 32k miles... Our cars are very old and parts are not cheap, sohc is great and dependable, but the market is saturated right now because nobody is lending or buying, and it will crash hard in 2 yrs when all those cash for clunker trades return en masse after warranty expiration, prices will only go down and many dealers will go the way of the dodo

#6 ·
As said above, no one is going to pay $7000 for the lowest line of the platform when they could have a 94-95 VR4 for the same price. I just sold my base model 3000GT for $1700 yesterday, so that should give you an idea what you're up against... not that my base is anything special, but it does have the DOHC in it. While the SOHC engines are bulletproof, they don't seem to be as sought after.

#7 ·
The problen is you most likely paid way too much for a base. You are not going to be able to pass your bad purchase on to others. It's a simple mistake. But the mistake is yours and your alone. So suck it up, get a second or 3rd job and pay it down. That's about all you can do. Next time do your home work first. I have put way more money into My NA than what you are asking and brake it every time I race it. It's only money. I broke again this week and will do it again with out fail. I will never get back what I put into the car and no one ever does. The monies going into the car are for the love of the car and not the investment. The return I get from the car is in plaesure knowing I can do things most other NAs can not. I could never sell it. And would never expect anyone to even try and cover the dollars spent. Wether is a base, a GT or VR4. next time love the car you buy. Than the cost of owning such a beautifull car will not brake your heart. Your car does look nice. Keep it and enjoy it.

#8 ·
I got a really good deal on the car so me trying to pawn a bad purchase of on someone else isn't what I'm trying to do. I see what else is going for $7k on the used car market and it's not all that nice. I have had several offers at $6,500 and should have probably taken any one of them. It was never my intention to sell the 3000 but when I found the Stealth it had to be in my driveway. I wouldn't have just spent $1300 on wheels and $1000 on suspension if I had. But as the Stealth sits and sits begging for me to drive it, it gets easier and easier to take that it may go for that. I'm just hoping at this point I get the Stealth on the road before it has to be stored for winter. Maybe next time I reply to this thread it will be gone.

#9 ·
I got a really good deal on the car so me trying to pawn a bad purchase of on someone else isn't what I'm trying to do. I see what else is going for $7k on the used car market and it's not all that nice. I have had several offers at $6,500 and should have probably taken any one of them. It was never my intention to sell the 3000 but when I found the Stealth it had to be in my driveway. I wouldn't have just spent $1300 on wheels and $1000 on suspension if I had. But as the Stealth sits and sits begging for me to drive it, it gets easier and easier to take that it may go for that. I'm just hoping at this point I get the Stealth on the road before it has to be stored for winter. Maybe next time I reply to this thread it will be gone.
A car is only worth what someone is willing pay. You definitely should have jumped at the chance to sell for $6500. I would have never guessed you'd get an offer that high, even though your base is probably one of the nicest ones I've seen. Of course an offer means nothing unless they had cash in hand. $4-5k I think would go quick.

Quite honestly I would never try to sell a 3S with mods on it. 9/10 times you're not going to get anything extra for them, so it's likely a waste to leave them on assuming you paid full value for them. I would return it to stock, then sell it at $4-5k.

#10 ·
I would return it to stock if the parts would work on the Stealth but most won't so I'm not going to break my back to remove them and the wheels are no where near what I have in mind for the Stealth... I'm kicking myself for not taking any one of the three offers of $6500 but when I had interest at $8500 lol and an offer at $7500 that fell through I guess it got my hopes up... I feel like we are responsible for what our cars are worth though, IMO we sell them to cheap.

#11 ·
I would return it to stock if the parts would work on the Stealth but most won't so I'm not going to break my back to remove them and the wheels are no where near what I have in mind for the Stealth... I'm kicking myself for not taking any one of the three offers of $6500 but when I had interest at $8500 lol and an offer at $7500 that fell through I guess it got my hopes up... I feel like we are responsible for what our cars are worth though, IMO we sell them to cheap.
I'm 100% with you there. Unfortunately for our values, people usually need to sell cars quick, so they can't hold out for the price it's worth. Enough people do that and the blue book drops, and people buy/banks loan based on the blue book.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.