Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Need fenders rolled, anyone?

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  GTwizard 
#1 ·
Went with coilovers, the rear is rubbing pretty badly now. Looking for someone to roll the fenders somewhat locally. I'm around the Hudson Valley area, New Windsor to be exact. Anyone somewhat close?

#6 ·
Wait - you have to roll fenders with coilovers? I thought you set them to your preferred ride height then go get an alignment. Is this a soft setting or something that's causing them to rub? Go hard - who needs teeth anyway?

I've got megans sitting in a box awaiting me to tackle this.

#8 ·
I've got them set all the way hard and the P45R's at +30 in the rear don't poke at all, especially with slight negative camber. The problem is the inside lip (reinforcement) on the rear fender, it's pretty wide and fairly sharp. Boost + Bumps = rub and I'm not trying to go any higher than where I have it set. Going to try rolling them so that the inside lip can at least be reduced, that should do the trick. That used to cut into my tire on bumps even with my old Megan springs, which had like four finger wheel gap. So either way I want it gone.

And yeah, I'm missing like four teeth thus far. LOL. Seriously though, I love the ride of coilovers. I can see how some may not, but the car drives much better to me. It's also nice to be able to adjust on the fly for different applications. For being set to maxed hardness, it really doesn't ride as uncomfortable as I thought it would either.

#9 ·
If you just slit the lip about every in and a half or so, the lip can by turned up and flattened to look more like a hem. The fender becomes much more forgiving as well.
Meaning it will move if it has to under a deep impact. And return.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.