Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Help in the Albany, NY area?

739 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Milkshakes 
#1 ·
Hello,

I've seen a bunch of 3000GTs and Stealths in the Albany area and am wondering if anyone in this area has an understanding of how these cars work and experience working on them? I'd like to make a few modifications to mine and will be going to Ray's shop for some stuff, but would prefer to try to get some other things (like an exhaust system) done myself, though probably with a lot of help.

If you want to give some advice or help me not screw up my car while working on it sometime this summer, let me know! I'll be glad to provide refreshments or monetary compensation, depending on the work.

Thanks,
Andrey

#5 ·
Sorry about the delay.. It's been a busy couple of days. Thanks for the offers! Glad to know there are some VR4 owners around here (I've only seen N/As in this area, not that there's anything wrong with them).

I posted some questions about my car in the noob area (My new VR4 - CAT/AFC questions - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center) and gave a description of what is already on the car in that first post. After some research, I decided that I want to do some things as soon as possible and others within the next year or so..

ASAP:
- Install a Neo (was going to go to Ray's shop, since it'll need to be tuned anyway) to get rid of the soot that's ruining my paint

Soon:
- Change exhaust to stock or one that sounds good, but doesn't drone
- Install a cat (and possibly a cutout, though still not sure - asking questions about it here: http://www.3si.org/forum/f12/cat-highly-modded-car-518073/).

Eventually:
- Install better springs (if they exist). I'm definitely keeping ECS, so I'd just like to find the best springs that will keep the car riding low. The car has been lowered with Intrax springs already and they look good, but the ride could definitely be better in tour mode. The goal is to make the car comfortable enough for a cross country trip.
- Install DR750s and supporting mods. I don't plan on turning this into a track car, though I am interested in taking it to a track at some point. The main goal is to just have a nice sports car I can take out on weekends. I may decide on a less expensive upgrade when it comes down to it, but for now, the higher investment into big turbos seems worth saving up for.
-Probably some other things I'm forgetting to improve ride comfort/power.

Do any of you know each other? Would you want to meet up at some point in the next couple of weeks? I'd be interested in seeing some other 3000GTs and getting some advice on mine in person. I'd be happy to drive anywhere within an hour, since I'm really enjoying driving the 3000GT anyway. Pat/Skaterman - if you guys want to coordinate a time that works for both of you, maybe we can all just meet in the middle in the next couple of weeks. Or, just let me know when either of your is free and we can go from there.

Dan, I'll definitely check out that place. I probably also won't be doing most of the major work until later in the summer anyway (since I want to figure out what I really want to do first), so late May isn't really a problem.

-Andrey

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.