Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

chairty run

609 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Stealth TT 92 
#1 ·
Alright folks we're doing it all over again! The biggest, baddest fall cruise in the entire universe is back and for a very good cause.

For those that aren't familiar with this cruise it's 60-90 miles of twisty back roads through Sussex, Morris, and Warren counties with the occasional trip into NY or PA if we have to.

For the first three years this was just a cool way to wind down for the season and check out some parts of the state that maybe you didn't know existed but after seeing over 100 cars show up for a our third run we saw some potential to do more with the event so last year we turned it into a canned food drive and collected over 3500lbs of food for local food banks, over 150 cars showed up and the VW community came through big time.

We're keeping the charitable aspect of the event alive again this year but for a cause that hit's a little closer to home for Coolwater and I think that many of the people reading this thread will feel the same way.

Please Keep Reading

Matty and Steve Kerrick are brothers here in North Jersey, they are also dubbers and if you frequent PAR or the Mount Olive GTG you've probably met one or both of them, both are stand up guys and would go out of their way to help any one of us if we were in need.

Recently their father was diagnosed with lung cancer and needs to have surgery but like many people in the current economy doesn't have health insurance and as you can well imagine this is going to put a tremendous strain on the family financially.

After hearing about this news CW has decided to put the food drive on hold until next year and instead do what we can to take care of our own.

Hopefully after reading this post you're asking yourselves how can I help and while we don't have 100% of the details worked out this is what we have in place thus far.

1) Show up! - We are currently working with local dealers to pledge $1 per car for every VW/Audi that comes to the event.

2) Buy raffle tickets! - We have reached out to our sponsors and friends and are working on putting together nice set of prizes, and the more raffle tickets you buy the better chances you have of winning

3) Buy a T-shirt! - Just like last year we'll be selling event shirts with 100% of the profits going to the Kerrick family.

Raffle prizes and new sponsors are coming on board daily and I will keep a running list in this post as things change but again this is about helping one of our own so please tell your friends, just by showing up you're helping out!

Details about start times and locations will be posted shortly as well but I wanted to get the word out sooner rather than later so people can save the date.

Joe Miliorino is a family friend of the Kerrick's he heard about what we're doing and pledged $1 per car his business also pledged $250.

So far...this is our sponsor list
VW/Audi of Newton - $1 Pledge per car

VW Dealer Tire - Set of 4 tires OEM sizes up to 18"

Eurotire - 2 certificates for free alignments

Migliorino's Custom Cabinets - $250

Joe Migliorino - $1 per car pledge

The location is the:
Wyndham Garden Hotel, 1000 International Drive North, Mount Olive NJ
Time:
Be there by 9am, i have to be there before 8am to help prepare

come on guys i'm not gonna be the only 3S there, please

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.