Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Buffalo Area?

3K views 36 replies 9 participants last post by  Slacker1357 
#1 ·
How many people do we have in the general Buffalo area?

Me myself... I live near Hamburg, but travel into Buffalo quite often.
I've noticed a few 3000GT's and a few stealths lately... just wondering if any were on this site...

I refuse to join any meets with NYSpeed. The last meet I went to was just a rice pit full of 17 and 18 yr olds with their parents car... bunch of people that have nothing better to do than flame people for making one comment.

My work schedule is usually M-F 730-4
So I wouldnt mind getting some small meets started in the area
I normally have some offroad truck meets once in awhile.. mostly in the winter.

#7 ·
I know what you're saying and I hate it when people call poughkeepsie upstate .:lol3:

Upstate 3S used to be 3SI-R (rochester) but we renamed it after a ton of Buffalo and syracuse people joined. It died out after most of those people moved on but we're trying to get it going again.

So basically join up and I'm sure there will be some meetings close to you. Once hockey season starts I'm usually up in buffalo at least once a month for a Sabres game.

There is a 1/4 mile track in Liecester not to far from the shop. Besides that im sure theres a parking lot or something to meet at in the middle or anywhere really. I dont mind a drive if it makes it closer for other people.

-Austin@STM
You guys having another dyno day anytime soon? Really want to make one but it seems like I always have something going on when you're having one.

#4 ·
Rochester,NY here. we've got a few 3s's in the area no real meets that i know of though.

-Austin@STM

#5 ·
maybe we could try to get some sort of meet going, kinda between Buffalo and Rochester. Something that would be easy for anyone in the WNY area to get to. Any major shows or events in between? I know I just missed the Corning event... but even that was 2+ hours out there, and even farther from you guys.

I think Lancaster is something, but not the best. And thats not exactly meeting half way. But they do have an 1/8th mile track to use on Wednesday shredd and Reagan Cruise nights.

Whats out toward Rochester or inbetween?

#6 ·
There is a 1/4 mile track in Liecester not to far from the shop. Besides that im sure theres a parking lot or something to meet at in the middle or anywhere really. I dont mind a drive if it makes it closer for other people.

-Austin@STM

#8 ·
Alright, Im still also left with another question right now.
Whats the deal with 3SNY right now?
The site is down for maintenance? or "under Construction"?

As far as getting more people. I thought we had a guy on here from around Derby or Angola. Had a TT Stealth I think. Bad turbos, a leak something like that... cant remember his name offhand, but if I ever go to Lancaster, I'll look for some cars there and see if they might be enthusiasts willing to join up with the site and maybe some meets.

#16 ·
You hitting that one track up in Ca-nan uh duh?
I was browsing through here or NYSpeed, and someone was showing the track up there... looked like fun. Drag strips can be fun and hang out to watch... but I just love getting my car into some turns at good speeds.
Kinda like to fool around on the empty thruways sometimes... :D
:)o I know I shouldnt...)
Car handles beautifully...

#17 ·
We will be at the track tomorrow for sure. Every last wed. of each month we have a track support day for our customers, we dont race our cars we just help eveyone else get down the track. Or get back home if they break :(

#20 ·
Ended up running 11.25@121.11 last night still on the snow tires.
Came back to the shop after and fitted the slicks. So now i am ready for friday and hopefully some 10's:)

#24 ·
Thanks everyone, we will be back out soon to see what she's got. but i am very happy with this, i have reached my goal for the year. I have only made 8 passes so far going faster each time. I couldnt ask for anything more from it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.