7th Annual North East Gathering - 2011

3K views 50 replies 14 participants last post by  My923ksl 
#1 · (Edited)
7th Annual North East Gathering

Date: August 4th to August 7th
Days: Thursday - Sunday
Sponsors: Pampena Motorsports, 3SNY, and 3SNJ
Event Coordinators: Justin Lim, Fatimah Hassan, Chris Simovich

The NEG was created to provide a means for all 3000GT & Stealth enthusiasts from the North Eastern part of the US to get together. This event is focused on providing the 3S enthusiast, their friends, and family a fun filled weekend for all to enjoy. Last year we all enjoyed tubing down the river. Who knows what we’ll be doing this year. Whatever it is, im sure it will be incredibly memorable.

On Friday we will be going to "The Great Escape & Splashwater Kingdom" then returning back to the hotel for dinner. On Saturday morning we'll be having breakfast at the hotel and detailing our cars. Then we'll be traveling to Prospect Mountain in Lake George for our Car Show. We'll be ending our Saturday with a catered dinner & costume party at the hotel. This year we'll be the first time we will have a trophy for "Best Costume" as well as prize. Sunday we'll finishing up with a late breakfast at Cracker Barrel then heading home.

This year's theme is "Animated". Which means anyone attending the Dinner & Costume Party should be dressed accordingly. Animated covers any cartoon or video game character. For example: Smurfs, Thunder Cats, GI Joe, Pokemon, Street Fighter, Super Mario, Zelda, etc.

This years registration fees will be $70.00 if you would like to partake in all the events. If you choose to bring a child to “The Great Escape & Splash Water Kingdom” only children 2 and under are free. If you don’t wish to go to “The Great Escape & Splash Water Kingdom”, your registration fee will be $45.00. Anyone attending in this event must pay the registration fees. Children 12 & under do not have to pay. You will be able to register and pay your fees through the NEG website. I will be providing a link as soon as the page is up.

Your registration fees will pay for:
* Admission to The Great Escape & Splash Water Kingdom (optional)
* Refreshments & Snacks for the entire weekend
* Lunch at the car show
* Catered dinner at the hotel
* Carwash supplies
* Miscellaneous expenditures to run the event.

Hotel Information:
We'll be staying at the Holiday Inn which is on 205 Wolf Rd. in Albany, NY. This has been the official NEG hotel for the past 3 years and it has never let us down. Parking for the NEG registrants will be in a closed off section of the parking lot. The hotel has also agreed to allow us the use of their spigot to wash our cars (no need to go to a car wash). As far as amenities are concerned the hotel has its own restaurant, martini bar, indoor & outdoor pool, and wifi.

Please do not book or reserve your room until I provide the discount group code. We already have several rooms reserved for us. I am just waiting on the contract and discount code.

Caravan Information:
For everyone participating in the Thursday night caravan. We will be staying at a different hotel in Albany. Then Friday morning we'll check into the Holiday Inn. They do not have any rooms available for Thursday night. More hotel information to come.

This year’s carshow award categories will be:
• Best 3000GT Overall
• Best Stealth Overall
• Peoples Choice
• Best Performance Modified
• Cleanest Overall
• Most Unique
• Best In Car Entertainment
• Best Interior
• Road Warrior

Itinerary

Thursday

8:30 pm Meet with caravan @ Sloatsburgh rest stop
12:00 am Arrive @ Hotel

Friday

9:00 am Car Wash Open
12:00 pm Leave for Great Escape (Park Hours 10am -7pm)
1:00 pm Arrive at Great Escape
7:00 pm Leave Great Escape
8:00 pm Dinner

Saturday

12:00 pm Leave for Prospect Mt
1:00 pm Arrive at Prospect Mt.
5:00 pm Leave for Hotel
7:00 pm Dinner
8:00 pm Party

Sunday
9:00 am Breakfast @ Craker Barrel
11:00 am Awards Presentation

** Please sign up on the main thread: http://www.3si.org/forum/f30/7th-annual-north-east-gatherin-2011-a-521550/#post6234378

See less See more
#3 ·
Theres talks of moving it every year. It seems like every year we go up there we discover some of the areas little secrets. Every year we like to have a group dinner but last year we found an excellent caterer with great pricing.

If we ever decide to host a big meet like the NEG some place else. We'll just call it something else. I dont think its worth changing since its not to far and everyone seems to enjoy it.

#7 · (Edited)
you guys might wanna re-check that hotel choice, it shows as no rooms available, now I don't need it but I am not sure if I could accomodate some of you in the house, it's packed as it is, I may just drive the truck down to NJ on wednesday then "attempt" to drive the VR4 in caravan with you guys, I need more info on where to meet for the caravan

there are other hotels around the area, I stayed at the holliday inn in schenectady once, and also the saratoga springs one (but I think 300 a night is ridiculous)

#16 ·
I should mention I won't be able to make it this year. That weekend in August... is the wife's birthday. Lots of family stuff already booked that weekend. Her family, of course!

She did say... once... "Oh... well... you could go... if you want to..."

:eek:rly3:

Well, I have been married long enough to know better than that! I'm sure you married guys have been there, you single guys... enjoy it now!!!

LOL. I hope everybody has a good time, I'll miss you guys. Post lots of pics!!

Paul T

#18 ·
Not looking good at all for me.
My car has a major knock issue, and I have a "yellow ribbon event" on the 6th.
during the week, I have military classes to go to...

well... it was fun while it lasted. attended 2/3 gatherings....
ECG and NG... just not the NEG... and its closer... go figure.

#21 ·
Heres the list of everyone I have registrations & payments for. Looking good guys!

1. Justin Lim
2. Fatimah Hassan
3. Dave Mennella
4. Vinny Trinceri
5. Chris Simovich
6. Daniel Zaccagnini
7. Scott Florek
8. Alan Hom
9. John Starr +1
10. Michal Truba +1
11. Donna Florek +1
12. Tiffany Albos
13. Liliya Popovich +1
14. Andrey Turovsk+1
15. Steven Gerritse
16. David Bergantzel
17. Brian Samuels

#32 ·
The Great Escape trip is a go! Just need to collect about $4.00 bux extra per person. Its sill a considerable discount over the normal price. So we'll have some extra tickets but its still the cheapest method without having 15 people to go.

I have to print the tickets from home and bring them with me to the park. So I am going to need people's full name as displayed on their ID, because ticket holders names will be printed on each ticket. Then you will need to show ID at the gate. This is still the most efficient way to go about doing it, its just a lil of a hassle.

#33 ·
ATTENTION NEG 2011

i am unable to make it to the full event this year but might be able to swing by for a couple of hours

if anyone is interested in 3SX TD05 kit i will bring to the event i will make a special trip up to drop it off at the event

details are here
3SX Kit

the kit has minor scuffs and scrapes from bouncing around my garage

$2000 Delivered to the NEG

#35 ·
214 is not a bad trip man, having been driving up to Albany for years, it's actualy a relaxed drive... Too relaxed sometimes, I find myself getting a super cup of Joe on the way, take iPod, radio reception sucks due to mountains and albany radio is nothing but good ol' boy music and evangelical nonsense

I think we all should have tikl app or 3sny app should include a walkie talkie feature, I know some are bound to get lost, gps takes you some weird places up there, I'm in Latham NY this coming weekend maybe gonna change the oil today

#36 ·
Maybe Justin could chime in

When I used to travel with other groups we used walkie talkies which were bought by the club but nowadays not needed

All we need is to have some app on the smart phones everybody has today, I found a few

Talkie
Walkie talkie pro
TikL

And just tell everybody what channel to get on and everybody will be on like in the cbradio days

My work car has cbradio but I'm not driving that thing up, and not everybody has them but I'm sure all of us have iPhones or some Droid(sucks) phone what u guys think? It'll keep people from getting lost or not knowing where everybody went after some event, happens to me all the time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.