Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

3SNY R/C Event (feeler thread)

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  oohnoo 
#1 ·
Looking to have a different kind of meet for May. Some of the membership own radio controlled cars/trucks and have suggested having an r/c meet. The event would be held on a Saturday (late afternoon) at Island Raceway & Hobby in Lindenhurst. We would have the track to ourselves, members may invite guests, refreshments & bbq will be served and rentals are available to anyone who would like to participate but doesn't own an r/c vehicle.

As of right now I would like to know if anyone would be interested in participating in this event. Before I book the indoor track.

#7 ·
Just a little update:

* I spoke with the owner and if we do it late May or early June. He will be more than willing to stay open past the normal operating hours and a bbq will be available.
* Im going to see if we can get a group rate for rental r/c vehicles.
* Members as well as their family and friends will be welcome to participate.
* Im also gonna ask him if he would be willing to give discounts for anyone looking to purchase an r/c truck, buggy, or truggy for the day.
* Since this event would be on a weekend. There will be plenty of parking for everyone.

The only thing we would need to do is get as many people as possible to show up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.