Stock head unit M529 repair??? - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Ľ Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Modifications and Technical Support > Audio/Video Systems

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2019, 10:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member

Jonny o is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Default Stock head unit M529 repair???

Hi,
I have the stock head unit in my car that has been connected to an old school bazooka tube literally since 1992. I love this particular head unit as it was the exact same head unit that came in my very first car I ever owned which was a 1993 vr4 that my mom lent me the money to buy new when I was in 11th grade which was stolen back in 1996 never to be heard from again. So anyway the way this 92 vr4 that I bought kinda brought back memories of much better times in my life so Iím staying with the stock head unit and the tube in the back. Itís funny because itís literally the exact same color interior and exterior and the system was set up almost the same as the way I had my original car. Only I had the old Stillwater SS10 kicker box in my trunk with a Rockford amp. I remember it was the amp right before they started their ďpunchĒ lineup of amps. But anyway Iím sorry about the long story. I just wanted to paint a picture of how important it is to me to have my car as close to my first car as possible.

So, with that being said I have the M529 computer controlled deck part number MB629139. Now I bought this car with a 9/10 body and interior. That was a prerequisite when I was shipping for my car. It had to be low miles, rust free, and perfect paint and interior. But the car jumped time before I purchased it. So I worked on it by myself for about 2 month with new heads, adjustable cam gears, racing belt, 15g turbos. You get the picture I did my upgrades at the same time I rebuilt the top end. So all the time I was working on the car I was playing music through the stock head unit with no problem at all. Plugged my iPhone into the auxiliary port and went to work.
I finally finished my car and Iím about 300 miles into my rebuild which is gunning and tuned perfectly. Like a new car. And my head unit blew out on me. One whole channel is dead no sound and the lights arenít working anymore. I bench tested it and it powers up but the backlight is out. I bought an aftermarket Pioneer DVD player that I plan to put in my family car in a few days just to make sure my speakers and tube arenít the problem. And all is well.

So if any of you fine men and woman are experts in stock radio repair I would love for you to message me with a quote to rebuild my head unit.

Ps I know exactly how stupid I sound right now actually willing to put money into a stock cassette playing head unit. But honestly my life really really sucks right now dealing with serious health issues and the car and all itís nostalgia takes me back to a time when things were much better. Thatís why I have the car and thatís wby I took 5 years to actually find the right vr4 for me.

So thanks for reading and once again I apologize for the long story. Fixing this would mean a lot to me. I found a few on eBay but I canít do $550 for a used one. I just canít justify that to my wife at the moment lol.
Jonny o is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2019, 03:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Forum user

Drives: '91 VR4
PhailosaurusRex is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Re: Stock head unit M529 repair???

Maybe check with project3si
https://www.3si.org/forum/f1/summer-...ervice-818779/
PhailosaurusRex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2019, 04:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member

Jonny o is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Default Re: Stock head unit M529 repair???

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhailosaurusRex View Post
Thank you
Jonny o is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Modifications and Technical Support > Audio/Video Systems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in