Factory Keyless Conversion - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > 3SI Knowledge Base > 3SI wikipedia Discussions > How-to's

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2019, 02:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Verified Seller

Drives: 1992 3000gt vr4
ThatOneVr4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Default Factory Keyless Conversion

If your 3000gt or Stealth was like mine and didn't come with the Factory Keyless Entry System 1991-1993 and you want to install a OEM Factory Keyless Entry System, then this guide is for you!

Things you need-

Factory Keyless Control System-I used one from a 1995 3000gt SL from a Junkyard. You also need the 20pin Connector harness with it. The more wire the better..you can always get more wire from the parts store.- See picture

Door Lock Relay 2-This will be attached to the Keyless Control Unit- You will also need the Connector harness with this! Note 2 wires are connected to the Factory Keyless Entry Harness- You will need about 1ft of the harness. See picture

You also need a OEM Key Fob Remote that matches the Keyless Entry Control Module Receiver-See link for part number
https://www.3swiki.org/Electrical:_A..._Keyless_Entry

My Keyless Entry Control Model Receiver Part number was MB920442 and both the 2 button and 3 button Remotes work with that Receiver makes sure the Remote has the correct FCC ID in my case it was E4EG8DA

2 button Remote G8D-281M-A
3 button Remote G8D-282M-A (Note the Trunk Button will not work) Lock and unlock button work

Let's get started!!

Factory Keyless Entry Control Wiring colors

Red/Black stripe-Connect to 12V Constant-I'm using Fuse #9
Red/Green stripe-Not needed
Red/Green stripe-Not Needed
Black(Solid)-Ground to bolt for Keyless Entry location..or any ground location.
Black/Blue stripe-Connect to 12V Constant-I'm using Fuse #9
Brown/White stripe-POWER LOCK-Tap into Brown/White at Door lock Relay 1
Brown/Blue stripe-POWER UNLOCK-Tap into Brown/Blue at Door lock Relay 1
Brown/Yellow stripe-Not Needed*
Blue/Black stripe-Not needed
Blue/Yellow stripe-Not needed
Yellow/Black stripe-Connects with Door Lock Relay 2 wiring

Door Lock Relay 2 Wiring Colors

Red/Black stripe-12V Constant-I'm using Fuse #9 under dash
Red/Black stripe-12V Constant-I'm using Fuse #9 under dash
Yellow/Black stripe-Connects to Keyless Entry main harness
Black-Ground-Connects to Keyless Entry main harness
Brown/White stripe-Not needed-
Blue/Red stripe-Not Needed
Blue/Black stripe-Not needed

Installation

You will need to remove the Quarter Trim Panel(Driver's side) This is where the Factory Keyless Entry control Unit is mounted on vehicles with Keyless Entry. If you need help on removing it here is a helpful link
Stealth 316 - Quarter Trim Replacement

Wires that need power- You can tie them together and run it to a 12V constant source-I used Fuse #9

Keyless Harness-
Red/Black stripe-Connect to 12V Constant
Black/Blue stripe-Connect to 12V Constant
Door Lock Relay 2
Red/Black stripe-12V Constant-
Red/Black stripe-12V Constant-

You can tie All 4 wires together and run them to 12V- In the pictures I'm using my Jump starter for testing purposes- See picture-

Next you need take the Brown/White stripe and Brown/Blue stripe wires from the main harness and tap or soldier them to the same color wires at the Door lock relay 1 behind the Fuse Box(Getting this off is pretty difficult but can be done) If you need help getting to this Door lock Relay 1 box look at this link
https://www.stealth316.com/misc/tom_...less_entry.pdf

See picture-

Last and Final step

Take the Yellow/Black stripe wire from the Door Relay 2 and cut it and connect it to the Brown/Blue stripe wire on the main keyless harness using a jumper wire..In this Case I used the Brown/Yellow wire that is not needed and cut a few inches of wire to tap it into the Brown/Blue stripe.
I used a needle to probe the wire for testing purposes....

See picture-

Finished

Pretty easy to hook up and get going. To sum everything up and make it easy.

You are just running 4 wires to 12V constant power.
1 wire to Ground
Connect the 2 wires(Brown/Blue and Brown/White) to Door Relay 1
Use a wire to connect/tap into the Yellow/Black and Brown/Blue.

How it works-When you hit the Lock button(On the key fob) the Factory Keyless grounds the Brown/White(lock) wire to lock the door.

When you hit the Unlock-The Factory Keyless sends a ground signal(using the Door relay 2) to the Yellow/Black wire...and since we use a jumper wire to connect the Brown/Blue wire with the Yellow/Black it sends the ground to the Brown/Blue(unlock)

Everything works as normal...When you hit the Lock button the Green Security light(Thief alarm) activates..When you hit the Unlock button the Security light detectives so the alarm doesn't go off when you open the door.

I spent a lot of time looking at Wiring Diagrams trying to get this conversion to work. Most the time was testing.

I hope this How to guide helps the 3000gt Stealth Community!
1992 3000gt Vr4 Daily Driver-MODS 13g turbos, ID 1050x Injectors, Walbro 450(3SX hotwire), Fuel Lab AFPR, Chrome ECU, Jester's maf, 2 piece drive shaft, Lat 42 Performance 2800lb pressure plate with stock disc, Full turboback exhaust, drilled cats and test pipe. K&N Aircharger, PLX wideband

Last edited by ThatOneVr4; 03-15-2019 at 07:15 PM.
ThatOneVr4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > 3SI Knowledge Base > 3SI wikipedia Discussions > How-to's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:
Real Name(First & Last)
(Required/Hidden)
Mailing Address(Street)
(Required/Hidden)
City
(Required/Hidden)
State
(Required/Hidden)
Zip
(Required/Hidden)
Country