96 sl —> tt ecu - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International
 

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Modifications and Technical Support > Engine - Non-Turbo > Engine - NA to Forced Induction

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2019, 09:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
 
3kslnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
3kslnh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default 96 sl —> tt ecu

Hey guys I’ve been thinking about swapping my NA ECU for a TT ECU, and is there any plug and play ECUs from a TT that will fit an SL? Thanks
3kslnh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-05-2019, 09:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
 
3kslnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
3kslnh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

I found on STEALTH316 that the 96 TT ECU has the same pinout as the 96 DOHC ECU but would there be any electric issues?
3kslnh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2019, 12:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Garage
Drives: 3000GTs
Albert0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Default Re: 96 sl —> tt ecu

No, pretty sure there is a conflict with the NA wiring with the VICS motor, the TT Ecu expects a Boost Gauge, also the TT is expecting low impedance injectors.. You are better with a 98 SL ECU (with coresponding boomslang) then tune with chrome.
Albert0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2019, 08:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
 
3kslnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
3kslnh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert0 View Post
No, pretty sure there is a conflict with the NA wiring with the VICS motor, the TT Ecu expects a Boost Gauge, also the TT is expecting low impedance injectors.. You are better with a 98 SL ECU (with coresponding boomslang) then tune with chrome.
So would that be more or less expensive than going with a chrome ecu?
3kslnh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2019, 09:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
?Mark
 
DuTTch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: LA
Drives: Crazy Mods
DuTTch Level 3DuTTch Level 3DuTTch Level 3DuTTch Level 3DuTTch Level 3DuTTch Level 3DuTTch Level 3DuTTch Level 3DuTTch Level 3
Feedback Score: 118 reviews
Default Re: 96 sl —> tt ecu

I got a 96 VR4 ECU for sale $400 shipped in CUSA, pls paypal [email protected]
__________________
<img src=http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t26/duchguy/7-15-2007-06edited2.jpg border=0 alt= />
93 MK2 BLACK RHD GTO TT, 96 PANAMA GREEN 3000GT VR4, 96 RED 3000GT SPYDER SL, 99 NEW ZEALAND GREEN 1999 3000GT VR4, 1996 Stealth OLIVE GREEN ---------MISSING 1996 OLIVE GREEN STEALTH RT/TT
DuTTch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2019, 09:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member
 
Warzone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Drives: 1992 3000GT VR4
Warzone is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Default Re: 96 sl —> tt ecu

There are no performance gains to be had running a TT ECU, in a nonturbo, even if it does run properly, it will just be slower. Timing Advanced is much lower in the TT Map, and the fuel map is significantly richer up top.

With chromed ECU you can swap back and forth between a TT Rom, and SL Rom. I did it alot, the VICS and lack of boost gauge does not effect anything - You will need a resistor pack for the stock Low Impedance Injectors from the TT for them to operate correctly.

With ChromedECU, a good upgrade for a NA if you are in need of more fuel, but on a budget is Blue top 275cc injectors from a 2.4L Galant. That is what I ran on my built NA, if you are turbo and need alot more fuel, I would just skip the the resistor pack and buy a good set of high flow, High impedance injectors from somewhere like Injector Dynamics.. From what I understand High Impedance injectors are more efficient then Low Impedance, but because of the techonlogy at the time, for the amount of fuel needed Mitsubishi ran low impedance with a resistor back, this was common on other EFI cars of the time from other brands too.
__________________
1994 Panama Green 3000GT VR-4
1992 Ascot Silver 3000GT SL
2004 Velocity Red Mazda RX-8
Warzone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2019, 10:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
 
3kslnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
3kslnh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warzone View Post
There are no performance gains to be had running a TT ECU, in a nonturbo, even if it does run properly, it will just be slower. Timing Advanced is much lower in the TT Map, and the fuel map is significantly richer up top.

With chromed ECU you can swap back and forth between a TT Rom, and SL Rom. I did it alot, the VICS and lack of boost gauge does not effect anything - You will need a resistor pack for the stock Low Impedance Injectors from the TT for them to operate correctly.

With ChromedECU, a good upgrade for a NA if you are in need of more fuel, but on a budget is Blue top 275cc injectors from a 2.4L Galant. That is what I ran on my built NA, if you are turbo and need alot more fuel, I would just skip the the resistor pack and buy a good set of high flow, High impedance injectors from somewhere like Injector Dynamics.. From what I understand High Impedance injectors are more efficient then Low Impedance, but because of the techonlogy at the time, for the amount of fuel needed Mitsubishi ran low impedance with a resistor back, this was common on other EFI cars of the time from other brands too.
Actually, I have 360cc injectors already installed with resistors and am working on putting in my Hotwire Walbro (snapper hardline, waiting for fittings to come in for AN conversion) so I’m then going to be running 10psi after the fuel pump is in. I had just read elsewhere that piggyback AFCs cause timing issues and that the TT ECU already has everything mapped out... I would love to go with chrome, but as both a noob and a poor (but not broke) college kid, it seems that other options may be a better idea for the time being. Currently (well until yesterday) I’m running 7psi on a Hotwired stock NA pump and tuning with a first gen MAFT so I’m kinda trying to figure out where I should go as far as tuning. I know that MAFT is good for injector corrections, but not fine tuning but I e heard good things about the SAFC II. Any advice would be well appreciated and thanks a lot for the response!
3kslnh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2019, 06:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
 
Warzone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Drives: 1992 3000GT VR4
Warzone is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Default Re: 96 sl —> tt ecu

Ah, ok. I did not have that information lol..

Yes run the TT ECU then forsure.

Keeping it simple means keeping it reliable in my book.
Warzone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2019, 06:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member
 
3kslnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
3kslnh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warzone View Post
Ah, ok. I did not have that information lol..

Yes run the TT ECU then forsure.

Keeping it simple means keeping it reliable in my book.
So would the 96 TT ECU be plug and play? And would it be worth the upgrade?
3kslnh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2019, 11:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Garage
Drives: 3000GTs
Albert0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Default Re: 96 sl —> tt ecu

No, unless you relocate some pins on the harness, I think it's pretty simple (and cheaper) than going to chrome.
Albert0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Modifications and Technical Support > Engine - Non-Turbo > Engine - NA to Forced Induction

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:
Real Name(First & Last)
(Required/Hidden)
Mailing Address(Street)
(Required/Hidden)
City
(Required/Hidden)
State
(Required/Hidden)
Zip
(Required/Hidden)
Country
(Required/Hidden)

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
 

Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2