Need help with Ks sport control pro setup - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Modifications and Technical Support > Tires,Wheels, Brakes & Suspension

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2019, 07:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Forum user

Marsovr4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Need help with Ks sport control pro setup

Hi all, I have been trying to find the right setup for my use and weight in the car.
The car is lowered some but not too much running -1,5 camber and no preload as requested by KS sport for warranty.
The damper set 3 clicks from max hard.
I'm 220lbs and under fast cornering right my front driver wheel runs against the top of wheel well every time.
I feel like I run out of setting other than rising the car.
Is it that the Control Pro dont have a really hard coilover?
Thank you for any input.
Attached Thumbnails
Need help with Ks sport control pro setup-image-1-4-_1567859980220.jpg   Need help with Ks sport control pro setup-image-1-6-_1567859986885.jpg  
Marsovr4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2019, 10:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Duper Mod

Drives: deals
lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3
Feedback Score: 111 reviews
Default Re: Need help with Ks sport control pro setup

If your tire is rubbing your wheel well under hard cornering, you have a variety of options you can play with, without messing w/ your suspension or with messing with your suspension:

Without messing w/ suspension:

-Tying up your wheel well plastic and rolling your fenders. This may be ideal for two reasons - one, it won't change your suspension settings, and two, it will eliminate the rubbing.
-Running wheels with less offset or less tire. Maybe not ideal as it will involve new wheels and/or tires.

Messing w/ suspension:

-Gain more wheel well clearance by increasing your ride height. Note that on a 3-way adjustable coilover like the kontrol pro, ride height is adjusted independently of pre-load, so your height setting won't alter your pre-load setting
-Mess w/ pre-load (don't overdo it, but experimentation may be useful) - adding pre-load on a linear spring won't change the spring rate or how the spring behaves otherwise, but adding too much pre-load (beyond the corner force under load) can create negative effects. However, if your front springs are 487 lb/in springs, and you weigh 220lbs, under the assumption that the weight is distributed evenly, adding 110/487 = ~1/4" of pre-load on each front spring will eliminate as much spring compression by virtue of your weight alone, which may be all it needs to avoid rubbing.
-Bump stops - I only know a tiny bit about bump stops from when I slammed my old Miata on Bilstein HD struts w/ soft eBay springs and discovered I was riding around on the bump stops. But bump stops are obviously used to stop further compression, and they have a spring rate of their own. You COULD calculate the amount of suspension compression that results in your wheel well rubbing and install bump stops sized accordingly, and of the appropriate material. This may be a last resort.

If you know anyone with corner scales, you might try to use them to adjust everything. And just for everyone's benefit the kontrol pro spring rates are:

Front: 8.7 kgf/mm 487 lb/in
Rear: 7.2 kgf/mm 403 lb/in
Originally Posted by ray pampena View Post
Cant we all just smile and get along?
No!

Last edited by lawdogg; 09-08-2019 at 11:32 AM.
lawdogg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2019, 11:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
Forum user

Thank you very much this is some great information for me.
Will work on this this week.

Old 09-08-2019, 11:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Forum user

I also have a tread in "roadrace" for my brakes falling at 3/4 session
If you feel like you could shine on this let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Modifications and Technical Support > Tires,Wheels, Brakes & Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in