NA and Turbo 328-355 mm StopTech Brake Kits! - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Classifieds > Parts For Sale/Wanted > Parts for Sale

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2004, 12:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
AWD Road Racing Fanatic

Supercar is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Thumbs up Turbo and NA 328-355 mm StopTech Brake Kits!

Hi Everyone!

UPDATE 4/6/04: Now shipping!

-------------
Supercar Engineering is currently in the process of collaboration with StopTech on the design of brake upgrade systems for all Dodge Stealth and Mitsubishi 3000GT models.

The unique features of StopTech kits are:
  • Tested and designed specifically for the 3/S cars with caliper pistons sized to optimize the brake balance and ABS performance.
  • StopTech ST-40 four-piston caliper utilizes a unique patented bolt-in bridge, making it three times stiffer than comparable calipers, which results in less vibration and noise, and better pedal feel due to less flexing.
  • Superior and unmatched quality!
  • StopTech Patent Pending AeroRotors® are manufactured at QS-9000 registered facilities. They flow more air than any rotor available, meaning less brake fade and longer rotor and pad life.
  • StopTech 7075-T6 billet aluminum AeroHats® are directionally vented for improved cooling.
  • Floating drive system with a unique Inconel® spring washer anti-rattle system allows for rotor expansion due to heat and virtually eliminates rotor warping.
  • Stainless steel braided brake lines for improved brake control.
  • Red or Black calipers are standard, other colors are available.
  • Available with a widest selection of brake pads.
  • Available for all Turbo and NA 3S models!

If you remember, StopTech kits took top three places in the brake competition during 2002 Sports Compact Car shootout where a 3/S car came second to last. These are great kits and StopTech is really a top-notch company.

The kits will be available exclusively through Supercar Engineering. I was asked to advertise discounts only during the product introduction period. I will not be able to do that later. Here it goes:

3000GT/Stealth NA - 328x28 mm AeroRotors - $1,895.
3000GT/Stealth Turbo - 332x32 mm AeroRotors - $1,995.
3000GT/Stealth Turbo - 355x32 mm AeroRotors - $2,595.

If you want to reserve the pricing I am asking only for a fully refundable $199 downpayment just to demonstrate your intent to buy. This would help me and StopTech plan the orders. Please specify which kit and if red or black color. Red and black are standard colors. Optional colors are $200. Yellow, silver and blue are the other colors that are available.

The kits uses standard-shaped Porsche brake pads. Axxis Ultimate come as standard brake pads with all StopTech kits. Other available options are Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, Porterfield, Ferodo, Pagid, you name it! Replacement brake pads are abundant.

Slotted rotors are standard. Plain are available for free. Drilled is a $100 option.

The 332 mm turbo kits fit stock 2nd gen turbo 17" wheels. The 355 mm turbo kits fit stock 2nd gen turbo 18" wheels. The NA kits will fit either wheel from the above, the 17" 97-99 SL wheels and probably many other wheels too. I can check which kit would fit into 1st gen 17" TT wheels if someone is interested. It is likely to fit moswt custom wheels too. For custom wheels I will have templates that you can print, cut out and see if the kit fits your wheels.

I am now taking orders. Email me at [email protected]. My website states payment options (PayPal, cards, check).

Related links:
StopTech website
StopTech Balanced Brake Upgrades
Why StopTech?
StopTech ST-40 brake calipers description
StopTech directionally vented floating AeroRotors

UPDATE, 1/28/04:
Here are the templates to check the wheel clearances. A template needs to be printed, cut out with scissors and inserted into one of your dismounted wheels to see if it fits.

NA 328 mm: http://supercar-engineering.com/pdf/...-328-Front.pdf
Turbo 332 mm: http://supercar-engineering.com/pdf/...-332-Front.pdf
Turbo 355 mm: http://supercar-engineering.com/pdf/...-355-Front.pdf

Philip

NOTE: These are the front only kits. Contact me if you want a four wheel kit.
Supercar #1 - 1995 R/T TT
- 3SNG'11 Autocross 1st place and F.T.D.
- 3SNG'08 Autocross 1st place and F.T.D.
- 3SNG'05 Autocross 1st place and F.T.D.
- 1:33 Lap Time at Gingerman
- 2:32 Lap Time at Road America
Supercar #2 - 1994 R/T TT <-- For Sale
Supercar #3 - 2000 Porsche 911

------------------------------
Supercar Engineering : http://supercar-engineering.com
* NEW Product! Dog Box Transmission
* NEW Product! Dry Sump system
* NEW Product! SCE Torsen Center Differential 25-spline and now New 18-spline!
* NEW Product! 380mm 6-piston StopTech Big Brake Kits
Visit our 3Si Vendor Forum and Supercar Engineering website to learn about our products:
STOPTECH Brake kits, custom brake kits, Ksport Suspension Kits and Ksport Brake kits
SCE Torsen Center LSD, Quaife and OBX Front LSD, KAAZ Rear LSD Differentials
Carbotech, Porterfield and Axxis Ultimate high-performance Carbon Ceramic and Kevlar Ceramic brake pads
APR Front Splitters and functional Rear Wings
SCE is a stocking distributor of Motul racing oils and brake fluids
New and Used Transmission Rebuild Parts, Cam Lockers, Billet Transmission Shift Forks, 300M Shafts, and more products to come.

Last edited by Supercar; 01-22-2006 at 10:44 PM.
Supercar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2004, 01:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Verified Seller

Drives: 2 wheels
Black_Sunshine Level 2Black_Sunshine Level 2Black_Sunshine Level 2Black_Sunshine Level 2
Feedback Score: 117 reviews
Default Re: NA and Turbo 328-355 mm StopTech Brake Kits!

that's pretty cool that someone's finally developed upgraded n/a brakes for a decent price. what kind of improvement does ur 4 piston caliper have over the stock vr4 4 piston caliper?
Black_Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2004, 07:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
AWD Road Racing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Sunshine
that's pretty cool that someone's finally developed upgraded n/a brakes for a decent price. what kind of improvement does ur 4 piston caliper have over the stock vr4 4 piston caliper?
It is an upgrade for turbo cars, so for NA cars it is "skip-level" upgrade. Actually, probably a skip two levels upgrade because your are upgrading your calipers and rotors too.

There isn't anything like it out there like StopTech rotors. The closest comparison would be the Brembo Gran Turismo kit from Tirerack for twice the price. Even though their rotors are floating too, only StopTech has the floating rotor system that is inherently quiet and maintenance-free. It is a huge upgrade no matter how you look at it. Check out the bullet points above.

Philip

Old 01-15-2004, 09:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Aghhhh

Drives: Stingray Z51
Gatecrasher Level 2Gatecrasher Level 2Gatecrasher Level 2Gatecrasher Level 2Gatecrasher Level 2
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Damn Philip. This is great news I've been wondering if someone would get together with StopTech and get a set made for us.

Will you be selling these once the initial purchase is over?

Is there any chance of getting braking benchmarks from StopTech's test car? (I seem to remember reading that they install and test every kit they design, rather than just going from measurements like some folks do)
Old 01-15-2004, 09:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
"The Fisherman"

Drives: around scaring birds
pyun is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 89 reviews

very nice phillip... do you think that i should go with the n/a kit instead of performing the 1st gen TT brake swap? although i already have the front calipers, i could re-sell them if getting the stop tech kit would be an easier solution (then buying all the misc parts i would have to buy to complete the TT brake upgrade that does add up close to the stop tech n/a kit price)...also does the kit come with brake pads?
Old 01-15-2004, 11:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Verified Seller

Drives: 2 wheels
Black_Sunshine Level 2Black_Sunshine Level 2Black_Sunshine Level 2Black_Sunshine Level 2
Feedback Score: 117 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercar
It is an upgrade for turbo cars, so for NA cars it is "skip-level" upgrade. Actually, probably a skip two levels upgrade because your are upgrading your calipers and rotors too.
saying it's an upgrade and proving it's an upgrade are two very different things. i don't mean to sound like an ass, but i'm coming from a point of view where i have never heard of stoptech brakes. I've never seen test results for it compared to stock vr4 calipers. I think you have a good setup, but i guess i'd just like to see the numbers. u said the 3s came in second to last in the sport compact challenge, but there are a few notes u left out. the vr4 was a spyder which invariably weighs heavier than standard coupes. the brakes had stock calipers (lord knows he didn't spend money on making the car faster). lastly, he was competing with cars that were lighter or with upgraded brakes.

trust me, the last thing i want to do is offend a new tuner please don't take anything i said offensively, but offering a 4 piston caliper and telling me it's better than my 4 piston caliper needs some proof to back it up.

ps- the gran tourismo brake package can be had for $3k from DR ($500 over ur list price)
Black_Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2004, 02:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
AWD Road Racing Fanatic

A correction and a couple of additions:

The 332 mm turbo kits fit stock 2nd gen turbo 17" wheels. The 355 mm (corrected from 332 mm) turbo kits fit stock 2nd gen turbo 18" wheels. The NA kits will fit either wheel from the above, the 17" 97-99 SL wheels and probably most other wheels too. I will provide wheel fitting templates upon request.

Slotted rotors are standard. Plain are available for free. Drilled is a $100 option.

The kits use standard-shaped Porsche brake pads. Axxis Ultimate come as standard brake pads on all StopTech kits. Other available options are Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, Porterfield, Ferodo, Pagid, you name it! Replacement brake pads are abundant.

For turbo kits red and black calipers are standard colors. The NA kits come standard in black anodized color with other colors as an option. Optional colors are $200. Yellow, silver and blue are other colors available.

Color pictures:
http://www.stoptech.com/catalog1003a.pdf
Old 01-15-2004, 03:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
"The Fisherman"

Drives: around scaring birds
pyun is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 89 reviews

are different brake pad replacements extra money?

and are the rotors coated with anything?

Last edited by upyun; 01-15-2004 at 04:03 PM.
pyun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2004, 12:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
AWD Road Racing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by upyun
are different brake pad replacements extra money?

and are the rotors coated with anything?
Brake pads that are more expensive cost extra money. Cheaper brake pads cost less money. Go here and click search, search and search 3 times and you will see a list of pads that StopTech has.

The rotors are coated with a solution for shipping and storage only. Once they start working the pads wipe off all the visible corrosion. The aluminum rotor hats come close enough to the friction surface, so brake pads do a good job of keeping the rotor surface clean.

Philip
Old 01-16-2004, 12:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
AWD Road Racing Fanatic

Quote:
Will you be selling these once the initial purchase is over?
Absolutely, Jeff! But right now I am offering these promotions and it is probably the best time to get a kit. It is possible to reserve a kit at that price for a delivery in the future. The downpayment is fully refundable if you change your mind.

Quote:
very nice phillip... do you think that i should go with the n/a kit instead of performing the 1st gen TT brake swap? although i already have the front calipers, i could re-sell them if getting the stop tech kit would be an easier solution (then buying all the misc parts i would have to buy to complete the TT brake upgrade that does add up close to the stop tech n/a kit price)...also does the kit come with brake pads?
If you ask me, get a StopTech kit. It is a better kit and a better value than TT calipers (see my earlier post about that comparison). It will work better and look nicer too. Yes, a set of pads is included.

Quote:
saying it's an upgrade and proving it's an upgrade are two very different things. ... ... i have never heard of stoptech brakes.
Cars running StopTech

Two World Challenge Cars Running StopTech Ranked in the Top 10

StopTech Rotors Enable a Class Win and Go the Full 25 Hours of Thunderhill
Quote:
ps- the gran tourismo brake package can be had for $3k
The 355 mm StopTech kit is a better kit than the F50 GT kit. I can say that without any hesitation. It is a balanced upgrade. All other parameters ar the same or better. Not to mention the price! You can read more about balanced brake upgrades here (find the F50 on the chart), here and here.

Philip
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Classifieds > Parts For Sale/Wanted > Parts for Sale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in