Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

SOHC problem

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Rampage 3000GT 
#1 ·
On the sohc's when your looking at the fuel rail, you will see a harness connector connected to a few wires coming out from under the plastic cover on the fuel rail. from there could somebody look at their's follow it towards the drivers side and around towards the firewall and tell me where in the h#@ that thing is supposed to connect to? it is a black loom consisting of four wires. I think mine got clipped at one point because I pulled out the whole strand to see it clipped. On a side note, not sure if this is related, the car has been acting extremely funky the last few days, first on the highway the engine started acting like it was extremely bogged down, like the timing was way off or something, after a while it was fine again till this morning, the car runs like trash and doesn't even want to hold an idle anymore, any ideas?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
prwest said:
When I go on break around 4 today i'll look and see where it plugs into.
thanks, I'd really appreciate that.

#5 ·
prwest said:
Well went on break and forgot to look sorry. I wont get off work until 9 tonight and then it will be to dark to see, if someone hasn't helped you by in the morning I will go look.

still no help :( yeah if you could just take a glance at it this morning PRWEST, I'd appreciate it. Not sure what that part of the wire harness is supposed to do, but I'm sure it's supposed to do something

#6 ·
#7 ·
houdini said:
not sure if this helps, but heres a pic of my sohc's engine bay
http://www.area51workshop.com/stealth/lakeerie3.jpg

i'm on the road and don't have the car w/ me sorry...
that's weird, seems yours doesn't have that electrical connector on your front fuel rail :confused: Maybe it's an OBDII thing. Thanks for the help though.

#9 ·
think I finally figured it out. by looking at just the electrical connector, I noticed that is an exact duplicate as the type my O2 sensors use under the car. Also my car is Cali-Spec. I am betting that when I did my header install a number of months ago that might have tore off an 02 sensor when I dropped my old manifolds off the car after unbolting them. Thanks for taking the time to help though y'all

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.