3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
3000GT/Stealth International Message Center

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center (https://www.3si.org/forum/index.php)
-   Engine - Turbo (https://www.3si.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Vacuum Reduction - Clutch Boost - No extra "T" (https://www.3si.org/forum/showthread.php?t=458165)

3Sfever 04-15-2009 10:50 PM

Vacuum Reduction - Clutch Boost - No extra "T"

3 Attachment(s)
This may not be new idea, but I have not seen it done like this. Here is an alternative method of deleting the Clutch boost "accumulator" and all the hardlines going to front. This requires no extra "T" fitting or hose.

On the hardline that runs along the firewall --> Cut it off, and bend it towards the brake booster, then connect the brake booster short hose to it. Nothing extra to buy !! and it looks stock.

Crude Sketch:
https://www.3si.org/forum/attachments...-t-diagram.jpg

HLxDrummer 04-16-2009 02:11 PM

Re: Vacuum Reduction - Clutch Boost - No extra "T"

Awesome :)

Nice to know since I was going to do this soon and didn't know what size fittings and stuff to get. So you just plug the nipple on the plenum (closer to the TB) and cut/bend this pipe? Not other parts needed?

3Sfever 04-16-2009 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HLxDrummer (Post 5387482)
So you just plug the nipple on the plenum (closer to the TB) and cut/bend this pipe? No other parts needed?

Exactly.

Care is needed to bend the pipe without kinking it, but other than that it is easy.

jba3 04-17-2009 05:41 PM

I'm drawing a blank without looking at my motor. Are you saying, in that pic, that the top left line is the one you bent and connected?

3Sfever 04-17-2009 09:12 PM

I was hoping to get some more pictures and a better description, but have been swamped the past few days.

Before I started there were two hardlines attached to the firewall. One was connected to the Intake (near the throttlebody) and ran to the brake master cylinder. That hard-line was removed completely, and intake port plugged. The short hose on Brake booster is retained, and connected to newly bent tube.

The lower hard-line on the firewall was connected to a hose near the battery area and ran to the clutch booster. . . . I cut that line, and bent the end toward the brake booster hose. That line has a "T" in it, (behind the brake booster) That "T" is connected to the checkvalve hose going to the intake on driver side.

The photo in opening post is editted to show where it was bent.

I will make a diagram later this weekend . . . pictures are always better than words. :D

3Sfever 04-18-2009 08:34 PM

This is the best free mod I have made to my car!!

As it turns out, my clutch booster was not receiving vacuum before, one of the lines was clogged up. . . wow it is SO much easier to push the clutch in now!! . . . no more tired left thigh at long traffic lights!

So I eliminated a bunch of added complexity, a little weight, and it actually works better!

3Sfever 04-20-2009 12:04 AM

I added a 2nd photo to the first post. . . Hopefully that will make things slightly more clear.

HLxDrummer 04-20-2009 04:02 PM

Thanks for the thread, I will be doing this soon :) I was going to buy the fittings, but this looks more appealing since it's so easy and cheap.

jba3 04-21-2009 02:26 PM

That second picture definitely helps. I think I'll snap a photo of what I'm going to do and post it before I do it so I don't bone anything up. :)

HLxDrummer 05-10-2009 09:10 PM

Alright, I'm probably going to do this soon. Any tips on bending the line without kinking it?

Any tips on getting the line out of the engine bay? I've never looked at the vacuum tank but I'm assuming it's easy to get out?

Also, what did you use to plug the nipple?