Palm logging in 2019? - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Modifications and Technical Support > Engine - Turbo

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2019, 11:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Z16-Abuser

Drives: take your pick
VRFury is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Default Palm logging in 2019?

I have a Palm IIIx from back in the mid 2000s. i had everything(mmcd) on a dell tower pc of that same era. bought stuff from miragecorp and ran it on my 1st vr4.

problem im running into:

-my old dell tower is frozen
-i now have a laptop with usb, not serial ports
-i dont even know what i need to make this work since its been 15 years.

HELP!

been browsing the net for a couple hours and pocketlogger and miragecorp are gone. checked my old email because i thought there was something i needed to download from old miragecorp to make it work. there is nothing in my old emails from them. mustve accidentally deleted years ago(read not tech savvy)

Click for Progress of Fat An Slow Racing Drag Carhttps://www.3si.org/forum/f35/project...racing-784658/

Torque - The Underrated Anti-Depressant
VRFury is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2019, 01:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
SDSU Alumnus

Drives: VR-4, EVO VIII & X
bboyalan Level 1bboyalan Level 1bboyalan Level 1
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Default Re: Palm logging in 2019?

I think most of us are/were spoiled with the m100 and m515 lol. Coincidentally, I have a IIIc here from a friend/client, but I have not set up or used it since 2011. If it is anything like the others, I often found the easiest route to be syncing a saved profile with all applicable programs e.g. MirageCorp and MMCd.

RE USB: the converter you want for serial is Keyspan.

'10 EVO X SE - AEM WMI, COBB SF, K&N UICP, Tomei Titanium CBE - 300//350 on 91+Meth
'04 EVO VIII SSL - CBRD BBK Full turbo, full support, lots of suspension - 350 on Pump-E85
'92 VR-4 - Panda v.3 build - Fully built, AEM EMS S2, MHI EVO3 16G's, and Pump-E85 (for now)
"There are no secrets better kept than the secrets that everybody guesses."
bboyalan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2019, 12:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Vendor

Drives: 1995 Stealth TT
Chris @ Rvenge Performance Level 3Chris @ Rvenge Performance Level 3Chris @ Rvenge Performance Level 3Chris @ Rvenge Performance Level 3Chris @ Rvenge Performance Level 3Chris @ Rvenge Performance Level 3Chris @ Rvenge Performance Level 3Chris @ Rvenge Performance Level 3
Feedback Score: 124 reviews

If you can still get HHH logger I'd get that.

Getrag Rebuilds, Strength, and Performance Improvements, Performance Parts, including AEM EMS, ACT Clutch, Southbend Clutch, Spec Clutch,
3000GT Fuel Injector Guide, Walbro, Snow Performance, OEM Mitsubishi Parts, Getrag Parts, Synchros, much more!

Chris @ Rvenge Performance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2019, 09:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 1992 3000GT VR4
Warzone is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Blackstealh and Evoscan is all I use.

The blackstealth runs 24/7 and is live display of anything I want

Evoscan requires a laptop though, but it works.

It's time to throw that ancient junk in the trashcan I think LOL
Warzone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2019, 10:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 92 TT "MaTTi"
SneakyRT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

with all the options we've got nowadays palm logging seems more than a bit outdated to me. should consider buying one of blackstealths obd adapter things and logging on your phone. basically palm datalogging but modern

Cars:
- 95 galaxy white pearl R/T ATX "Sneaky" GONE
- 92 beige wheat pearl R/T Twin Turbo "Matti" (daily/project)
Mods: 130k, 3SX DP, high flow cat, Tein S-tech springs, open element filter, stri center gauges(boost, oil pres., oil temp.), Autometer A pillar gauge pod(coolant temp), 3SX adjustable rear camber arms, CXracing oil cooler, $20 boost controller @12psi, swapped to 25spline Tcase, 300M output shaft, powerstop Z23 pads/rotors, Jester Chrome ECU
Planned mods: walbro 255lph, haltech dual WBO2, maximal solid motor mounts, 20Ts eventually
- '08 EVO X MR: stock daily driver
SneakyRT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2019, 10:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Duper Mod

Drives: deals
lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3
Feedback Score: 111 reviews

I've been trying to get that bluetooth OBD logger to work and have been unsuccessful so far. I miss the old Palm pilot.
Originally Posted by ray pampena View Post
Cant we all just smile and get along?
No!
lawdogg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2019, 02:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 91 3000GT VR4
jrhorne is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdogg View Post
I've been trying to get that bluetooth OBD logger to work and have been unsuccessful so far. I miss the old Palm pilot.
You are unsuccessful using blackstealth's converter and using torque pro to log? What issues are you having? I also run this to view realtime info every single time i drive the car and have been using it extensively recently to log and tune since i just switched (partly) to e85 (running 50/50 e85 and 91)
Gt-347 Turbo Kit (~13g)--RC 550cc Injectors--Denso Fuel Pump--Apexi S-AFC II--Turboxs Boost Controller--3sx Air Filter--DNP Stainless Intake Pipe Kit--Turboxs BOV--Autometer Boost Gauge--AEM UEGO Wideband O2--EK2 Downpipe--Gutted Precats--Testpipe--Polished VR-4 Plug Wire Cover, Valve Cover, & Plenum--Stage 2 Twin Turbo Clutch Kit--Full Bomex Body Kit
jrhorne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2019, 04:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Duper Mod

lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhorne View Post
You are unsuccessful using blackstealth's converter and using torque pro to log? What issues are you having? I also run this to view realtime info every single time i drive the car and have been using it extensively recently to log and tune since i just switched (partly) to e85 (running 50/50 e85 and 91)
Yes, it will not connect to my phone, so I haven't even been able to view any parameters, let alone log.
Old 05-19-2019, 05:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 91 3000GT VR4
jrhorne is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Hmm odd, did you try the bluetooth adapter on a different modern car? If your goal is logging, I would recommend switching to USB anyways. You then use a USB to micro USB (or USB C) adapter so you can plug into your phone. The refresh rate on BT is way too slow.

Both the ones I link on my main thread about it worked on a note 5 and note 9
jrhorne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2019, 07:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Duper Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhorne View Post
Hmm odd, did you try the bluetooth adapter on a different modern car? If your goal is logging, I would recommend switching to USB anyways. You then use a USB to micro USB (or USB C) adapter so you can plug into your phone. The refresh rate on BT is way too slow.

Both the ones I link on my main thread about it worked on a note 5 and note 9
Yes plan is to log and tune it (15G / 550 / pump gas car), I'll check out your recommended USB cords. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Modifications and Technical Support > Engine - Turbo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:
Real Name(First & Last)
(Required/Hidden)
Mailing Address(Street)
(Required/Hidden)
City
(Required/Hidden)
State
(Required/Hidden)
Zip
(Required/Hidden)
Country