Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Photoshoot @ The Beach 8/25/07

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  AudibleSilence 
#1 · (Edited)
So some of you have seen some of my work from the other thread. I wanted to give local members a chance to get some pictures of their cars @ a Beach photo shoot that I am holding next weekend @ Robert Moses State Park.

Date: Saturday August 25th

Time : 4:30pm (early because we will have a 30-45 minute window to shoot the cars in)

Location: Robert Moses State Park (going to post exact location/lot closer to the date)

My hope is to get some good shots of the club with the Fire Island Lighthouse in the background, or at least in the distance. For those that don't know, this is the light house:

Why only a 30-45 minute window for shooting the cars? Well because the best time to shoot cars is either dawn or dusk. We'll catch the setting sun and purple sky without having to worry about the paint being distorted or drowned out by direct sunlight. I am wanting folks to get there around 4:30pm so that we can plan out locations, shots, and a working order before the sun begins to set (kind of a dress rehearsal (yes I take this that seriously, prep makes the pics look 20x's better in post).

It's not an official meet, more of an Invite to something I was doing anyways. It's going to be BYOE (bring your own Everything) bitches but I'll have drinks and snacks (no beer) for folks too.

1) Michael B. (photographer) - bringing drinks and snacks

See less See more
#2 ·
See ya Saturday at 4:00 - 4:30pm.

#7 · (Edited)
I have to fix the rear main on my 94 since i am getting rid of it. No go for Saturday :(

Edit: While I appreciate people making plans around this, I need to take care of my property and assure my well being BEFORE I take pictures of cars. Leaking oil can lead to a spun bearing and no one here is going to pay for my engine except for me. Sorry again to those that I didn't contact personally (yes I did contact multiple people directly and ask if they were still going), but we'll just have to move it to Next weekend if anyone is still interested. I feel that I posted the notice of cancellation well in advance. Though I am sure a handful of people may feel differently.

#8 ·
Who are you arguing with? Yourself or did I miss something?
Usually the orginator doesn't cancel his own event. If you plan on making a special event "try" and make it happen as people do plan around it.

Oh and a leaking rear seal WILL NOT lead to a spun bearing. Only thing that can happen there is you leak all of your oil and seize your motor.

#9 · (Edited)
If the originator doesn't cancel it who does Bob? :rolleyes: I said Reschedule until I got shit for even doing that via AIM. I made that post just in case anyone else took exception. I wasn't getting paid, it wasn't anything official nor special. I was planning on heading out there with a few friends from another board anyway. Funny that they post "No Problem Mike, Good Luck with your car." and you guys bitch and moan about making plans that got canceled in plenty of time to change them. Well I am sorry that you lost 2hrs on a Saturday but I have to take care of my business first. How dare you insinuate that I didn't "try" to make it...as it was I was dumping a quart of oil every 20 miles. It is unsafe to drive a vehicle dumping oil on the highway (for both the driver and the people around him), and I can't for the life of me understand the logic in going to said event at the cost of my engine.

And yes Bob, I know loss of oil can seize my engine, it can also spin a bearing from the low oil pressure that happens before hand. My car didn't even make it to the shop FYI, I had to shell out $300 to get it towed after it decided to die on I78 in the middle of a 97 degree day. But it's all good, thanks for asking if I was ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.