New owner 95 3si no injector pulse - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > New Member Introductions

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2019, 07:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
New User - Please be kind

Mathenyswole is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default New owner 95 3si no injector pulse

Hello all I could use a hand as ive searched all over and tried many things with no luck. Currently my 3si would not start from the moment I purchased it but figured incould figure it out. Car cranks all day fine fuel pump is engaging and pumping fuel but car will only temporarily fire if I spray starter fluid in the throttle body. Ive replaced the ecm crank sensor cam sensor checked all the fuses and even found a couple broken wires I repaired. Hooked up noid lights to the injectors and have no pulse all the injectors are receiving 12v on one wire and like .5 volts on the 2nd wire. For some reason I can't figure out the injectors are not receiving a signal to ground the injectors and make them pulse. Timing was also checked and is fine. Please if anyone has had a similar issue of really love any info. Thanks
Mathenyswole is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2019, 07:42 AM   #2 (permalink)

Also forgot to mention its.non turbo and had a hacked up aftermarket security system that i removed and put all the wires back to normal
Old 04-09-2019, 08:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 1991 GTO TT
enkaio is an unknown quantity at this point

The injector ground signals are directly wired into the ecu, unplug the ecu connectors and check the ecu connector pins with the other end of the multimeter at the injector pins. They should have a connection ( almost no resistance). If you don't have that, the loom is hacked up somewhere. Since you got power to the injectors, it's not a fuse or MFI relay issue.

The ecu gives the signal to fire the injectors already when in cranking mode (starter signal to ecu).
Even without a cam/cas signal during that time.

If the wire loom does check out it's an issue with the ecu (ecm) probably.

You can unhook TPS, maf and cam /cas and ptu, fuelpump, but the injectors should get a pulse to work in crank mode independently.

If the ecu does not see a good cam /cas signal it will shut down. Once you let go of the starter.

If no fuel enters but you got spark your fluid you just sprayed will ignite once or so, that explains the short 'running'.

Last edited by enkaio; 04-09-2019 at 08:35 AM.
enkaio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2019, 08:39 AM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks I will give that a shot I almost bet its a wiring issue like most older cars now someone decided to hack it all up for some unknown reason ill get back to you soon thank again
Old 04-09-2019, 09:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 93 3KGT NA Auto DOHC
BogusSVO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New owner 95 3si no injector pulse

Thats good info, I have the same issue in my 93, add to the fact the engine is an OBD2...
BogusSVO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2019, 09:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

I have an obd2 port but my scanner keeps getting an error when using it but works fine on all other cars
Old 04-12-2019, 05:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member

Drives: Back and Forth :)
OhioSpyderman Level 3OhioSpyderman Level 3OhioSpyderman Level 3OhioSpyderman Level 3OhioSpyderman Level 3OhioSpyderman Level 3OhioSpyderman Level 3OhioSpyderman Level 3OhioSpyderman Level 3OhioSpyderman Level 3
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Default Re: New owner 95 3si no injector pulse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathenyswole View Post
I have an obd2 port but my scanner keeps getting an error when using it but works fine on all other cars
That is because a 95 is not true OBD2, its a hybrid of OBDI (software, sorta) and OBD2 hardware. (Trust me, I know, I have a 95!)

BLACKSTEALTH (makes all sorts of great electronic "gadgets" for our cars) I'm sure can elaborate....

Bob.
SBC-iD Boost Controller
Cianci FG Viper Hood/Aerocatch Pins
Quad Carbon Fiber Tipped Borla Catback
Stock 18" 6 Spoke Chromies
K&N FIPK

92 Wheat Beige Metallic Stealth TT..Winter DD!!
OhioSpyderman Short Shifter
SBC-iD Boost Controller

Oldest son - 94 Danube Blue VR4
Middle son - 93 Panama Green VR4

OhioSpyderman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:
Real Name(First & Last)
(Required/Hidden)
Mailing Address(Street)
(Required/Hidden)
City
(Required/Hidden)
State
(Required/Hidden)
Zip
(Required/Hidden)
Country