Finally got my childhood dream car - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > New Member Introductions

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2019, 01:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
New User - Please be kind

Verthande is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Finally got my childhood dream car

1992 GTO Twin Turbo...now I just need to get it back to as close to stock as possible as they were perfect just the way they rolled off of the line.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181225_102408_1556563972820.jpg (2.50 MB, 27 views)
Verthande is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2019, 03:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Money pit owner.

Drives: 1993 Stealth R/T TT
gawdzinner is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Default Re: Finally got my childhood dream car

welcome! the car looks stock from the picture, just the exhaust looks modded. It's not uncommon to buy from someone that has done mods, I bought an unmodded car myself, but I'm doing some changes while storing the original parts away so i can change the car back to stock very easily whereas most guys sell the stock parts.

Mods from stock:
Reproduction 1996 Stealth spoiler, VMS 10mm spark plug wires with their aluminum separators, NGK BKR6EIX-11 spark plugs gapped to 0.32", Touren TR9 3190 wheels, Maximal high flow main catalytic converter, PowerStop front/rear slotted & drilled brake rotors and pads, Tiny catch can, Curt trailer hitch, 2nd gen rear bumper aluminum reinforcement, LED backup & license plate & interior bulbs, Pioneer AVH-X2500BT with backup camera, DSM SMICs converted by oohnoo, 3S warehouse sidemount oil cooler, EVO 8/9 blow off valve, EGR blockoff plates, Vented hood blister mod, Stainless bolt kit, LCDBC as an ECU monitor, 3SX Stainless-Steel Braided Brake Lines, 3SX Door Sills, High speed cooling fan mod, Retractable license plate holder, 3SX rear control arms, Snake eye mod, Pilot WI-HL6A 4656 Head Lamp Conversion Kit, K&N oil filter, Stant XACTSTAT #48217 thermostat, DNP Y pipe, Maximal 5-Speed Transfer Case Bracket, ACPT carbon fiber driveshaft
gawdzinner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2019, 03:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 94 R/T TT
jj94tt is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Finally got my childhood dream car

Don't see many 3s cars tooling around SW PA these days... let alone a RHD GTO. Cool!
jj94tt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2019, 05:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gawdzinner View Post
welcome! the car looks stock from the picture, just the exhaust looks modded. It's not uncommon to buy from someone that has done mods, I bought an unmodded car myself, but I'm doing some changes while storing the original parts away so i can change the car back to stock very easily whereas most guys sell the stock parts.
This one has a different front bumper on it that I find to be just hideous. Supposedly, it's a rare one because it was the one on the main car in an Asian Blockbuster movie called 'Drift' but I just want the original.

The exhaust on it is very much needing to go because it's got some holes in it due to it being a cheap Ebay part called 'Super Megaphone.' Yeah...I have no interest in being obnoxiously loud and I love the look of quad tips so trying to find something else.

Other than that, it's only small and weird things that need replaced like the shift knob since whoever owned it before must've been extremely anxious since it looks like the leather has been nervously picked at.
Old 04-29-2019, 06:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj94tt View Post
Don't see many 3s cars tooling around SW PA these days... let alone a RHD GTO. Cool!
When the female is out of school it'll be moving away with us but it'll be here for about another year, at least.

Haven't seen a 3000gt here at all but did see a Stealth base at South Hills Village.

I've had a guy in a 2015 GT-R Nismo follow me to work, one time, and he parked next to me and got out and was flipping out about MY car...that was kind of a big ego boost. Also had a 2019 Hourican park next to me and my employees said he took a thousand pictures of the GTO before he left.
Old 04-29-2019, 07:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Resident Street Racer

NOMIEZVR-4 Level 1NOMIEZVR-4 Level 1NOMIEZVR-4 Level 1
Feedback Score: 15 reviews

join the club. the 3000GT has been and continues to be the car of my dreams. Nothing excites me like my car.

96 Single Turbo 3000GT VR-4
NOMIEZVR-4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2019, 07:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Money pit owner.

Drives: 1993 Stealth R/T TT
gawdzinner is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verthande View Post
This one has a different front bumper on it that I find to be just hideous. Supposedly, it's a rare one because it was the one on the main car in an Asian Blockbuster movie called 'Drift' but I just want the original.
ahh ok, I think the stock 3000gt front bumper has side air vents, mine is a stealth so the vents are in the wheel well, not on the side of the front bumper.

guys are looking for clean after market pieces, so you should have no trouble selling the front bumper if you want to.
gawdzinner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2019, 10:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
Super Duper Mod

Drives: deals
lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3
Feedback Score: 111 reviews

Congrats and welcome!
Originally Posted by ray pampena View Post
Cant we all just smile and get along?
No!
lawdogg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2019, 12:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
TPW: The Prophet

Drives: without wearing much
AlmosN8kd Level 1AlmosN8kd Level 1
Feedback Score: 46 reviews

Welcome to the forum!

Slightly Modded! --> 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin Turbo <-- Slightly Modded!

1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin Turbo (Slow)
My slow car-->13.097sec at 107.73mph<--My slow car
2016 Honda Pilot Touring AWD (Don't ask)
2012 Honda Civic Si Sedan (It gets me to work and back)
2009 Honda CBR1000RR ABS (Fast enough)

AlmosN8kd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2019, 01:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member

COKE08 is an unknown quantity at this point

U saying the aftermarket front bumper was used in the movie "drift' or U saying this is the actual car from the movie? BTW sure U know this, but in case U do Not U happen to own the best GTO ever made because it 1992 which is actually a 1993 to us meaning it the last gen one made but it has the gen 2 motor with 5 Speed/25 spl tranny. If ever seen the Jackie Chan movie "Thunderbolt" came out in 1995 but was made in 1994 n though the gen two with the non pop headlights had been out 2 years, The new Premium 1995 Mivec FTO, n the legendary EVO 3 made all made their debut n were showcased in the film he still chose to use the 1992(1993 to us) GTO to beat the Nissan GT-R 32 in the end. U got true Japanese legend there pal.
COKE08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:
Real Name(First & Last)
(Required/Hidden)
Mailing Address(Street)
(Required/Hidden)
City
(Required/Hidden)
State
(Required/Hidden)
Zip
(Required/Hidden)
Country