VR4 Video Review - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Off Topic Section > The A/V Room > Art, Photography, Video

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2013, 08:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Paid Member

Drives: 1993 3000GT SL
dct124 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Default VR4 Video Review

Published on Dec 17, 2013
For this video, I hop in my friend Tyler's Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 and give you my first impressions. We have been trying to do this video for awhile now, so I was very antsy to get behind the wheel of this all wheel drive blast of a car. Nothing like too good ol' feeling of 90's nostalgia. Thanks for watching!
Instagram-Thatdudeinblue
Like the Facebook!-
Song used- K-100 Watchtower

So it only took around 15 to 20 years for someone to do an actual video review of our car. This probably makes video review 5 or 6 since the early to mid 90's. I only point this out because, I can pull over a 100 reviews of each S2000, Supra, GTR, NSX, Z, MR2 and the list goes on.

The guy is a young guy (reviewer) but I'll take what I can get at this point to gain some damn understanding of what Mitsubishi was thinking in terms of design, power, styling. Don't mind my little rant. It kinda sucks to only see reviews in different languages that are not translated or subtitled in my native language. I love the guys in Thailand the most because, they actually care about the platform in regards to styling. The US seem more geared toward increased performance and the Euro countries seem to want to enjoy the car on the road and photographing. Russia is simply the odd ball of the bunch, let just say one 6spd was defiantly violated but I'm not sure if it didn't like it. (Australia is a wild card, I think they are crazy nuts but good crazy nuts when they put in work, they put in work)

Last edited by dct124; 12-22-2013 at 08:31 PM.
dct124 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2013, 09:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Resident Street Racer

NOMIEZVR-4 Level 1NOMIEZVR-4 Level 1NOMIEZVR-4 Level 1
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Default Re: VR4 Video Review

You make it seem more exciting than it really is...

VR4's in stock trim are pleasant grand touring cars, but definitely feel numb and out of place (to a certain extent) when put heads up with the other 90's Japanese cars. Not taking anything away from your review, I thoroughly enjoyed watching it.

You should drive a stock FD, Z and Supra....

Nomie

96 Single Turbo 3000GT VR-4
NOMIEZVR-4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2013, 10:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Drives a 1997 VR4.

Drives: 1997 3000GT VR4
3000gt3000gt is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

The video was lacking to be honest.
How's driving a stock FD or a supra?
3000gt3000gt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2013, 12:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
Paid Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOMIEZVR-4 View Post
You make it seem more exciting than it really is...

VR4's in stock trim are pleasant grand touring cars, but definitely feel numb and out of place (to a certain extent) when put heads up with the other 90's Japanese cars. Not taking anything away from your review, I thoroughly enjoyed watching it.

You should drive a stock FD, Z and Supra....

Nomie
I wish I could, but I don't know anyone who actually owns any of those cars. Maybe a 240sx.

The GTO is a car I compare to these cars Toyota 2000GT, Jenson Interceptor, 67 Stingray, Jaguar XJR-15 (oddball), 1976 Porsche 911, 1982 Porsche 930, Ferrari 250 GTO. The styling (shell) was too Exotic for the power/weight/handling it offered stock but was ok back then (Japan kept the cars at 270HP back then). I think that Mitsubishi would have made the 3S 400hp or more if they had it there way.

The only reason for mentioning those vehicles is that the GTO didn't seem like it was trying to compete with the Supra MKIV, RX7, 300ZX, GTR even though people inherently have compared them to the 3S.

The 3S was simply too big and too heavy of a car. It simply sat alone and didn't fit in imo with those cars (Supra, RX7, GT-R, Z). To me the Eclipse and EVO especially fell into that realm of competition with those 4 cars. It's one of those cars that was trying to be too many things at one time.

NSX

GT-R, RX7, Supra MKIV, S2000, 300ZX

Mitsubishi GTO
Old 12-23-2013, 08:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Pay it forward

Drives: With Both Hands
Adam7 Level 1Adam7 Level 1
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Nice video hopefully many new owners will appreciate your excitement.
1998 3000GT SL: TT Conversion w/Chrome V2 ECU @13psi. IPS downpipe, Racepipe, Borla catback, Catless, polished Ypipe, Injen filter, Kurama intercooler hose's, 3sx fuel loop, Stm filter to rail, Hotwired fuel pump, Greddy+Mishimotto catch cans, Hallman pro MBC, Msd 8.5wires, FMOC, EVO9 BOV, 18x9 Saleens w/Nitto's, Powerslot rotors, Hawk pads, 5k Hid's,Marqui window tint, Tenzo racing seats, Weight reduction(289lbs),Gasket matched TB/upper/lower plenum,Polished exhaust manifold, Hdr front lip,UP rear strut bar,JDM Tails,Autometer sport comp gauges(center vent & pod) AEM WBO2
Adam7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2013, 09:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 92 R/T TT, 95 Spyder
3krazygt Level 13krazygt Level 1
Feedback Score: 59 reviews

OK video, production was nice. "DSM Power" at the end killed it for me.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
Paid Member

Anyone remember seeing this post a few weeks ago? Well the owner totaled the car which is kinda sad, I really liked the car while moving. This vid has a few pics of it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Off Topic Section > The A/V Room > Art, Photography, Video

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in