mishimoto radiator installation - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Decommissioned > IPS Motorsports

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2009, 03:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Drives a Twin Turbo Tank

Drives: 11 Regal T,04 Denali
XtremNiteCrawlr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Default mishimoto radiator installation

looks nice fitment blows... had to cut the lower grommets down on the inside for me to shut my hood... had to cut my radiator brackets down and swap sides and turn them 180* or it pulled forward and rubbed the damn ac stud for 2nd gen. if anybody goes threw this you can email me for support and pat on the back... i bought this cause it was supposed to be stock fitment i'm raising the white flag for b/s. fitment is worse than koyo..
also the top neck was welded aiming more towards the driver side making it a PITA to install ips polished coolant pipes but it looks good when you finish..

[email protected]

IMO it still a good deal half the price of koyo and lil modification is alright. just had to pull all my shit back out to get to the grommets...

FYI i have the Deft Racing 575 hood that may have been the issue on the hood closing but idk the radiator sits up kind of high.

Last edited by XtremNiteCrawlr; 06-13-2010 at 01:15 PM.
XtremNiteCrawlr is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2009, 11:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member

Mishimoto is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Re: mishimoto radiator installation

XtremNiteCrawlr, I'm sorry that you had a problem with the installation. Can you e-mail me with some more information on the fitment issues, along with some detailed pictures? We personally installed this in radiator in a test car and had no problems.

e-mail [email protected]
Mishimoto is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2009, 02:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 3000GT VR4
IPSjeff is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 98 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremNiteCrawlr View Post
looks nice fitment blows

IMO it still a good deal half the price of koyo and lil modification is alright. just had to pull all my shit back out to get to the grommets...
[/IMG]
Thanks for the write-up and info. I haven't heard any complaints as far as difficulty with install but everyone's car and experience is different. Thanks for the post and glad even though it was more work to install than you had planned it is working out for you.
Jeff
IPSjeff is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 08:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Drives a Twin Turbo Tank

Drives: 11 Regal T,04 Denali
XtremNiteCrawlr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Hey Andrew,
I got my intake pipes and T-bolt clamps from Jeff yesterday I'll try and get some pictures for you when i install the intake pipes.

On another note:
Thanks Jeff, when I opened up the box and saw everything in the box I wanted to clock out and go put it on. It was only an hour early... I have a boost leaks from hell. I normally get 400 miles to a tank I might get 300 on this one I keep blowing clamps off.. DN needs to include High torque load worm clamps at least.. Not these cheap ass reg ole worm clamps I'm blowing pipes off at 14lbs???? The clamps don't tighten up like they need too?? I can tighten the clamps up as tight as they will go before it strips and I can grab a pipe and spin it???? T-bolts hopefully eliminate this stupid problem.. Now I have to change spark plugs AGAIN after I fix these boost leaks!!!!
XtremNiteCrawlr is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2009, 01:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
I like turtles

Drives: 92 VR4
Rebel is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews

Any updates from mishimoto as to why your install didn't go smoothly?

1992 3000GT VR4 - [email protected] w/ craptastic 1.83 60ft 20PSI
Mods- Billet DR650's and other crap
Rebel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2009, 08:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 92 RT/TT, 06 GSXR 1k
92twntrbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews

I just installed this radiator today and just as the op said, "fitment blows". You will have to cut your brackets in order for this to fit properly. But other than that it does it job and keeps temps where they are supposed to be, even with a front mount intercooler.
-Greddy Turbo Timer,IPO MBC @ 16psi,Stillen Downpipe,K&N FIPK,Autometer Boost and A/F,Kormex O/S and Sleeve,3sx Engine Dressup and TT Spark Plug Cover,Shiver Datalog Cable (MMCD), 5zigen fn01r-c 18x8.5,IPS Polished Upper Plenum,MSD 8.5mm wires,Tein S Tech Springs,3sx Rear Adjustable Control Arms,Ek2 EGR Block Off Plates,IPO Fuel Pump Hotwire,Supermac Engine Cover Kit,Trinet Rotors/SS Lines,Supermac Polished Door Sills,SAFC2 w/ Boomslang Harness,13t Turbos ,PTE 550cc Injectors,Aeromotive A1000 FPR,Walbro 255 fuel pump,SS fuel rail loop,3sx polished fluid caps,Cx Racing FMIC,Prosport Center Gauges,Optima Red Top,Polished and Shaved Front Valve Cover,IPS Quad-Tip Exhaust, Dejon Intake Pipes (Blow-Thru), Maf-t, GM 3.5" Maf, Mishimoto Radiator, ACPT CFDS, Billet End & SS Mid T-Case
92twntrbo is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2010, 08:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: kids around town
Roybatty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Thanks for the write up! I was in panic mode for a bit till I got the dremel out and started whacking away at the rubber and steel on the brackets that needed it. Seems like a good product otherwise. Do not be afraid of grinding the rubber and steel down on bottom brackets as OP stated. In addition I needed to grind the holes to a slot shape on BB to get the radiator to look "square" in place.

I did not see a need to reverse and 180* the upper brackets - the ac condensor bolt on DS is tight however.

WTB Tanabe (ish) catback & fmic.

To do list:
Need to check electronic timing, install FP Hotwire, passenger side poly MM, Dejon Y-pipe & 3.5" GM MAS.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1116494...eat=directlink

Revel in your time
Roybatty is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2010, 07:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Paid Member

Drives: 92 3000GT VR-4
BigSwoleMatt is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

i had to use 3SX radiator brackets
BigSwoleMatt is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2019, 08:25 AM   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member

kcstage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I saw a thread where someone said that Mishimoto fixed the fitment issues... WRONG. I just bought and installed one of these yesterday. As mentioned here, it sits too high and the bottom grommets must be ground down. A drill with an auger bit made quick work of this.
kcstage is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2019, 10:37 AM   #10 (permalink)
Elevate

Drives: '95 3000gt VR-4
vSol Level 1vSol Level 1
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcstage View Post
I saw a thread where someone said that Mishimoto fixed the fitment issues... WRONG. I just bought and installed one of these yesterday. As mentioned here, it sits too high and the bottom grommets must be ground down. A drill with an auger bit made quick work of this.
which vendor did you buy from? you may have bought an old stock item
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Decommissioned > IPS Motorsports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in

« Viper Updates | - »