Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

passenger seat will not go far enough forwa

971 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  blaze7761 
#1 · (Edited)
just as the title says, hoping someone knows of a way to get it to go further forward, any help would be greatly appreciated. I really need to replace the carpet, as I'm sure you can see.

frustrating, since I want to work on the seats today.

See less See more
#2 ·
Can you not reach the bolts with a wrench? Just unbolt the seat and remove it?

#3 · (Edited)
Re: pass. seat will not go far enough forward

I can get to the one on the left, but I can barely get my little finger in the space I've got for the right side one. I'm nearly positive that these seats are supposed to go further forward (providing access to the bolts) than mine are going right now. Just need to figure out why mine don't want to go any further, is there some sort of mechanism that can be disengaged to free up the sliders?

BTW, the driver's (left) seat goes much further forward.

#4 ·
yes, they should definitely go farther forward. I dont remember if you can just pull the slide lever and move them all the way forward or if you need to pull the seat back lever and lean the seat forward to move them all the way forward (or perhaps both work). If neither option moves the seat all the way forward then there is probably something stuck in one of the rails keeping them from sliding any farther.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.