weird weird and too weird - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > New Owner Questions

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2001, 08:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member

slindley123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Unhappy weird weird and too weird

I posted a letter about a week and a half ago. I wrote about the trouble with my air conditioning. My car is a 1991 dodge stealth, an automatic base model. Everytime I use my AC my car acts very different. It feels like the whole car is going to fall apart. Once the car actually shut down, but I was able to restart it soon after. People responded to my previous letter, and they said that my AC compresser was bad. Recently I found out that this is not the problem. My AC compresser and the clutch are engaging as they are supposed too, and the mechanic told me that my problem could be in some of the sencers. I checked all of my relays, and fuses. They are all fine. My AC is blowing cold air, and my car runs just fine when the AC is not on. Any help, or hints that you can offer me please offer it here, so that I dont have to spend money left and right.

Thanks,
Zack
slindley123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2001, 07:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member

jlindere is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default What About....

What if there is an electrical problem that doesn't surface until the A/C starts drawing?

Is there some way to put on a false heavy load and see if that affects your engine?

Also, does anyone know where the circuitry is that alters the engine idle, etc for the A/C load. For instance, if its in the ECU and that part of the circuitry is bad, that may be your problem.

Could your A/C be introducing screwy electronic interference into the electrical system, affecting the computer? Might take a scope to figure that out. (Does the radio sound different with A/C on?)

When the compressor kicks on, does it shake a wire to/from the distributor? ( try shaking all connects to and around the a/c with the a/c both on and off

Of course, my car doesn't work and I can't figure it out, so maybe you should ignore this. I only ready this message hoping it was something as bizarre as the 'forskin' thread....

jlindere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2001, 08:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member

dragon is an unknown quantity at this point

have you messed with any vac. lines lately? On my 97 Probe GTS I disassembled the top half of the engine, got everything back on right except I couldn't figure out where some of the damn vac. lines went. Ever since, when running the a/c and i let it out of gear, the car just dies because its not compensating for the loss of power from the a/c. Haven't fixed it yet, I just stopped using the a/c. Are you just having problems at idle, or when your driving too. If its just at idle, turn up your idle speed for a temporary fix. If its at all time, ask Jeff L. he seems to know everything.

91 VR4, built internals, bored .30, balanced and blueprinted, 357 magnums, RC550s, walboro 255lph, Fuel Pump Rewire, S-AFC, MAF Trans, pocketlogger, DIY WB, AVCR, Accel Coils, no precat/main cat, RPS stage 3. EGT, A/F, Boost Gauges, Greddy Turbo Timer, Fittipaldi Rims.

Soon: new BOV, Propane inj., downpipe.
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2001, 08:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member

jlindere is an unknown quantity at this point

Dragon's vac notion sounds better than mine.

There may even be vac lines under the dash that don't do anything unless the A/C is on.

I would think measuring manifold vac before and after turning on A/C would be a good start.

There could be vac lines running to the trans. that are affected.

Try measuring manifold pressure with car in neutral/ no air, gear/no air, and camparing to the pressure in each instance with the air on.

Last edited by jlindere; 06-27-2001 at 09:03 PM.
jlindere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2001, 08:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member

Unhappy weird

well car runs good idle is perf.only that damn a/c,when is on i look like man trying to learn 5 speed manual for first time and yes is automatic thanks zack
Old 06-27-2001, 08:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member

Unhappy weird

...and when i start car i mean when car is in park whith a/c on sound just perf...and blow cold air??????????????????? idle is fine ac kick in just fine and car seem like car-engine dont have any problem push a/c
Old 06-27-2001, 09:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member

dragon is an unknown quantity at this point

my probe also ran fine without the A/C on. kinda describe a little more of what happens. When A/C is on, does it hesitate, or does it run fine until you let off the gas and it just dies? You might have to take it to a dealership.....wait, no that might be the worst idea so far. I don't know man, I'll ask the mechanics around here when I have the chance to, see what I can find out. Good luck man.
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2001, 03:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member

Question weird weird and too weird

thanks dragon what my idle should be 1 when car starts 2 car is in drive with a/c on 3 car in drive with no a/c on 4 car is in park and sparkplug gap for 91 base stealth today i pull in mc donald drive thru it was so hot i turn my ac on and it was ideling on 3- 4000 rpm when in drive a/c work fine thanks god thats why i need info on idle to see if something wrong with my engine 3 monts ago i change my sparkplugs went with NGK BPR5EY-11 and set them at 4.5 but i didnt run my a/ c thanks zack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > New Owner Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:
Real Name(First & Last)
(Required/Hidden)
Mailing Address(Street)
(Required/Hidden)
City
(Required/Hidden)
State
(Required/Hidden)
Zip
(Required/Hidden)
Country