Update on this if anyone was curious. I eventually ran into so many issues with my car, I decided to just tear the thing apart and rebuild it since this was going to happen eventually anyway.
Here are the proverbial straws that broke the camel's back in no particular order:
- Clogged charcoal canister.
- Leaking fuel injectors.
- Gas tank and filler neck was completely rusted out.
- Rust in the fuel lines.
- Steering rack was leaking fluid.
- Driver's side ball joint collapsed.
- CV boot cracked and dried out the axle grease.
- Intake manifold completely clogged with black sticky residue due to blowback.
- Leaking massive amounts of oil from the cam seals.
- Oil pan gasket dried up and was beginning to fail.
We started with the engine, and as I suspected previously and subsequently confirmed once we took the intake manifold and heads off, there was an animal living in there chewing up the wires. I fixed the break with a butt connector, and the scan tool we used that was complaining about the interior light circuit not working didn't complain anymore, but because the car is completely disassembled right now during the rebuild, I won't be able to test it. But I'm 99% confident that was the issue, since I've literally checked everything else in the circuit.
Here's some pictures of the current disassembly process: https://photos.app.goo.gl/MidfnMKbEuw4hnrW9
We're going to replace all the pistons, we got the heads off, and they're on their way to the machine shop to drill out better slots for the aluminum fuel injectors to sit closer to the valves. We're also having them make it a hemispherical compression chamber to allow more airflow in to the cylinders. We're adding a harmonic balancer to the left of the cams on bank 1 for the supercharger. We're replacing the ECM with a standalone management unit. We're adding lines for a NO2 wet shot. We found a company out in Ohio that will vacuum form us a plastic gas tank, since all I could find online for replacement tanks were the same JUNK tanks that were all rusted already and would just have the same problem as mine. Since we have to drop the tank anyway, we're replacing the fuel lines with steel braided hardlines, and replacing the fuel pump with a higher PSI pump to match the supercharger's needs. We're replacing the clutch and flywheel with an aluminum flywheel and racing clutch. We're replacing the struts with coil overs, putting brand new CVs in both sides, replacing the engine mounts with polyurethane mounts since the rubber ones are all cracked and dry rotted. We're replacing all the copper braided wires with copper core wires.
That's about the gist of it. I've already replaced the water pump, alternator, radiator, entire AC system and we ordered all the necessary parts. We're removing nonsense like the cruise control and some of the unnecessary vacuum lines to reduce weight. I'm expecting to be finished with the rebuild sometime in late July, early August. Considering how much progress we've been making already, I expect to keep that projection.