Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Needing To Find a Place to send my block to have it built.

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  toddrs93 
#1 ·
Does anybody know of a good reliable shop that i can send my engine block to, to have it built in virginia. That wont charge me out the a** to do it?

Thanks, Pvt. Gififn

#2 ·
What do you consider being charged out the A**? Are you talking about just the short block or a long block? Also are you going for forged internals ?

#4 ·
I would recommend 3SX in North Carolina. Some think they are too high but they really know what they are doing and their not far from Virginia.

#5 ·
I was thinking the same thing i just wasnt quite sure about it. Everything else im building my motor with is coming from 3sx. Ive got a complete rebuild about to happen after i get home from training for 7months.

#6 ·
They did all the work on mine and she dynos over 600hp and has been solid as a rock.

#7 ·
Sounds like thats who ill deff have to go to. how much did they charge you when they did it? Just so i can get a general idea of how much i need to bring out. Plus how would i go about getting them to do it.?

#8 ·
Widow Maker is having a special last I saw. His motor guy did my Pampena Stage 1 block and it was a hell of a deal and great work. Hes out of NY out in Long Island.

http://www.3si.org/forum/f1/3s-motorsports-winter-project-special-engine-builds-super-low-prices-441791/

Tho I've never dealt with 3SX, I can tell you the guys in NY are the best all around. Quality, price and customer service.

Butch

PS If you are worried about out the ass prices, stop looking at that guys 600hp. Thats costs out the ass kinda money...

#9 ·
Im not really worried about the price, i just want a good reliable job done that is worth the cash. Thats all. Besides, i really need a place close to me. So still as of right now. 3sx is my best deal. O and plus counting on the fact i wont get back home to my car till jan29th. That guys pricing goes back up on feb1st. So ill be outta time by then. Thanks though for trying to help. I really appreciate it.

#10 ·
Hello,
My special is good for sheduling up until feb 1st. You can have the car delivered here up until the following month before the price goes back up. I just figured I would give you another option. If you are worried about problems with your motor, I urge you to do some research on my shop and I bet you will find nothing but praise.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to give me a call, or just shoot me a PM, and i will be more than happy to help:)
-Steve

PS. Thanks Butch!

#12 ·
I'll vouch for Widowmaker and ToddRS93 too. Both are very good with the 6G72 and I've never heard anything bad about them from anyone who knows what they're talking about. :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.