EDIT: I made a webpage to summarize this thread:
Download SRS diagnostic manual! http://www.wrenchmonkey.com/Images/SRS%20Manual/SRS.pdf
I got irritated trying to deal with dealer to get my SRS light reset $100 a pop to have dealer check codes. after 2 failed tries I finally got pissed and bought a DRBII off Ebay to reset it. There is not a lot of information the DRB II on the internet. I learned some hard lessions and I thought I would share them with everyone. Eventually I will post a webpage. I now own 2 DRBIIs but I don't have all the adpaters to use one of them.
IF you want to diagnose the Airbag (SRS) system on your car you will need a DRBII (Chrysler version) or a MUTTII (Mitsubishi version) The DRBII is easier to find so that is all I have experience with.
A DRBII is a special dealer only diagnostic tool that was not sold to the general public. Now that newer versions are available you can often find them on EBay. If you buy from EBay you need to make sure you get EVERY part you need.
1. DRBII Main control Box. This is a 4.5x 8” box with digital display.
2. DRB Cartridge for your car. The best cartridge is a “Super Cartridge” A Super Cartridge covers multiple years and cars. A very desirable cartridge in the blue 91-93 Super Cartridge. This will work for All 91-93 Chrysler, Dodge Stealth 3000GT and DSMs. Most DRBIIs are sold with no cartridges at all, or a cartage that has very limited usage so be carefull.
3. MMC Adapter. This is a 3x6” box with wiring harnesses that allow a DRBII to connect to a DSM, 3000GT or Stealth. Many DRBII are Not sold with this adapter but I have found the adapter sold separately
4. Optional Co-Pilot. This is a data recorder that is installed in car. When intermittent problem occurs you hit a button to record. A DRBII is needed to download the stored data.
5. Optional is 94 Y-cable. This harness is needed to connect to 94 & 95 DSM, 3000GTs and Stealths. Please Note: If you do not have a 94 compatible cartridge this is useless.