Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

CHRoME ECU Timing/ Fuel/ BOOST Tuning

11K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  gillysmi 
#1 ·
Can someone explain to me the adjusting timing before setting afr.

Why cant or should it not be done the other way. Im just a little confused on if I set aFR then go back add timing why ad timing first if boost has not been raised?

#7 ·
The first thing you should tune are fuel trims followed by setting your desired boost, then add/remove timing, then adjust your AFR. You can always go back and make small adjustments for each but this works well. Atleast for me it has. And yes when changing timing values you will notice a slight change in your AFR, that's why its suggested to tune the timing before your AFR.

#9 ·
Do lots of logging and keep your eye on your wideband. The stock map gets pretty rich, and if your fuel trims are near perfect you will hit those stock afr values.

#12 ·
Not necessarily, as you adjust your maf smoothing table be sure to log a lot. Give it some time for the changes to set in(long drives etc.) If your trims do not change or get worse, then I'd say maybe its time for new O2 sensors or perhaps a slight leak on your exhaust manifold.

#15 ·
ok,, there is one thing I was looking into "Temperature Enrichment, it says

There are a number of temperature enrichment factors to the base fuel table. One factor is coolant temp. This is the warm up enrichment table the ECU applies to the mixture. I highly recommend at least reducing the values in this table if you are installing larger injectors.
Example: If you’re running 680s, reduce the trim by half since they are 2x the size of stock injectors".

I copied that from chrome ECU, im using 750s so I guess I need to also lower my TEMP Enrichment ?

#14 ·
If your not getting any knock then I would say its safe to add a degree here and there.

Generally, the more timing the engine will allow the better however when you turn up the boost your increasing cylinder pressures same goes for timing, more timing equals more cylinder pressure. so be careful as you tune.

As for me, I would rather be on the safe side with a little less timing. Gives me peace of mind and allows me turn up the boost.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.