Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

95 Spyder VR4

433 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  100625 
#1 · (Edited)
After a few life changes heading my way I have to part with my precious Wendy. She is a 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 Spyder. As she sits the motor, transmission, and transfer case have been pulled. I was in the process of doing a performance build on the motor when things came up. I have everything for the car with the exception of one trim piece that is under the rear window. I am willing to sell it two ways. First is just the stock stuff and you would just need to get the remaining basic machine shop work done and put it all back together. The second way it with all the performance stuff I have bought for it. Which would require more extensive machine work but could be done for around 600-700 if you did all the assembly yourself. I am going to basically list this out as the second option because that is the way I want it to go.
New parts sitting waiting: Ross 92mm oversized pistons, Crower H-beam rods, Clevite 77 coated main and rod bearings, Spec stage 4 clutch and segmented aluminum flywheel (used for under 1k miles then had head lift on rear head and tore down, new OEM head bolts and washers, new OEM head dowel pins, heads have been cleaned and dissembled for valve grinding, MP solid motor mount set, new OEM carrier bearings, 3SX lightweight dampener, updated HomeLink garage door opener, Melling oil pump, Gates timing kit minus tensioner (was going to go solid tensioner), Ninja Performance flywheel holder, every single seal for transmission-transfer case-rear differential, braided cooler lines with all fittings, new OEM heater core hoses and clamps, and much more that I can’t think of currently. With many more parts put on the car before I took it down.
As you can see from the pictures this is a build it your way kind of deal. Use the parts I got or go a different route. Either way this is a great deal for a very rare hardtop convertible turbo car.
Small background on the car now. First owner was out in Arizona and when he sold it to the next owner in 2011 it was caught in an EF4 tornado in Alabama. The car was considered a loss and the title was marked totaled. That same year I believe it was sold to a salvage yard up here in Kansas City. A couple of 3S enthusiasts bought the car and spent the next long while getting it all back up and running like it was meant to be. Many new and gently used parts were used to bring it back to life and was then deemed safe by the Missouri State Highway Patrol and now has a salvage title. The damage that took it down was mostly glass (rear window replacement alone was over $2500 shipped plus installation) but also included paint an body damage which led to the replacement of the front bumper, rear driverside taillight, and the main dash (which had all identification tags swapped). All replacement parts were either new OEM or used OEM but no aftermarket.

I welcome you to come check out the car in person and I wish I was able to let you take it out for a drive but if that were the case I probably wouldn’t be selling her. The whole hydraulic system was just redone as well so you know you won’t have any issues when you want the top down or up.
Here is a link to all the pictures I just took.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f1bjpefy9tbcwf4/AABJlc48wZUXnRf7_Gg6Hc8pa?dl=0
I am asking $7500 obo for number 480 of all Spyders produced and number 267 of all VR4 Spyders produced. I will throw in all parts I have plus all documentation I have including a bindered Spyder specific manual. I will also throw in the pictured ACDelco full 2000lb engine stand. 4 legs and sturdy plus you can remove the legs from the front for easy storage.

CL Ad - http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/5819429266.html

Call or text eight one six 838 zero two one four
The car is located in Lees Summit, MO 64086

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.