Where to buy tubeing for turbo kit. - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2019, 11:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: GTO
pimprn Negative 2
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Default Where to buy tubeing for turbo kit.

Thinking of attempting to build my own single turbo kit. I was wondering where guys are buying the material from. Im looking for a kind of a package kit, so i dont have to keep ordering pieces individually sort of deal. Thinking of useing stainless steel as it wont rust? What sch are guys buying as well thanks.
Just because someone goes fast doesn't mean you should do whatever you think they did.This path assumes they knew what they were doing, which isn't necessarily the case. Take this path and you will be guaranteed second place.
pimprn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2019, 05:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
One fix at a time

Drives: 95 RT/TT
TurboSinceBirth Level 2TurboSinceBirth Level 2TurboSinceBirth Level 2TurboSinceBirth Level 2TurboSinceBirth Level 2
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Default Re: Where to buy tubeing for turbo kit.

Aceraceparts has about everything you need. You can get Sch10 1.5" pipe for your runners and 2" sch10 pipe to go to v-bands or turbo flanges. I've built some out of 16 gauge before and as long as the turbo is braced it does ok but the schedule pipe is much nicer. Sch40 is overkill imo unless you're hanging a bunch of weight on it and it will still crack. Turbo-flanges has our head exhaust flanges CNC ported to a 1.5" sch10 pipe as well if you want less work. You're taking on a pretty huge undertaking making a kit from scratch. I've been wanting to make a few more kits but haven't gotten around to it just yet.

For reference I have a DR T3 kit right now and they used 11 gauge material throughout their header. 321 SS for the merge collector and 304 for the rest of the runners. All mild steel turbo, head, wastegate, and exhaust flanges. Their 02 housings are both mild steel as well and do rust unfortunately but seem to do ok if coated inside and out.
TurboSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2019, 06:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 1994 VR-4, 1999 VR-4
Blue3kGTSL is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

Yep, aceraceparts. Theres no package, you will have to get individual pieces. Im using sch10 321 the whole way. Get alot more than you think you'll need, i had to order 3 different times because i kept running out.
1999 3000GT VR4 #175 Black/Black
1994 3000GT VR4
2014 F250 - Tow pig
1988 Toyota Supra Turbo - 2012 BMW 135is - Hers
Full-Car build Part 2!!!! Single Turbo Billet 3.7L stroker!!! CLICK HERE
Blue3kgtsl's 1999 VR4 thread
Blue3kGTSL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2019, 06:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member

pimprn Negative 2

Thank you guys so much !
Old 06-17-2019, 08:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
Resident Street Racer

NOMIEZVR-4 Level 1NOMIEZVR-4 Level 1NOMIEZVR-4 Level 1
Feedback Score: 15 reviews

I'll be selling my kit this winter. Msg me

96 Single Turbo 3000GT VR-4
NOMIEZVR-4 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2019, 01:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member

pimprn Negative 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOMIEZVR-4 View Post
I'll be selling my kit this winter. Msg me
Why are you selling ?
Old 06-17-2019, 01:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Resident Street Racer

NOMIEZVR-4 Level 1NOMIEZVR-4 Level 1NOMIEZVR-4 Level 1
Feedback Score: 15 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimprn View Post
Why are you selling ?
its too good for me. I'm not worthy
NOMIEZVR-4 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2019, 08:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member

pimprn Negative 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue3kGTSL View Post
Yep, aceraceparts. Theres no package, you will have to get individual pieces. Im using sch10 321 the whole way. Get alot more than you think you'll need, i had to order 3 different times because i kept running out.
Pmd you
Old 06-17-2019, 10:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
One fix at a time

Drives: 95 RT/TT
TurboSinceBirth Level 2TurboSinceBirth Level 2TurboSinceBirth Level 2TurboSinceBirth Level 2TurboSinceBirth Level 2
Feedback Score: 40 reviews

CNC transition head flanges that are really nice to use. I have a set. https://turbo-flanges.com/index.php/...ad-flange.html

Their prices have gone up a little but $5.35 a piece for sch10 1.5" long radius bends aren't too bad. https://www.aceraceparts.com/collect...ls/schedule-10. You'll need some short radius 90s as well in case you have some tight spots but realistically if you plan it out enough you can get away with just long radius elbows. UPP has short radius weld els under $5 a piece and some really nice sanitary 2.5" and 3" pipe but shipping to Canada would probably kill you.

If you want to get serious about building stuff or just make it a lot easier, then check out PRL Motorsports fabrication tools https://prlmotorsports.com/fabricationtools.aspx. I have their 1.5" sch pipe jig and it makes it very simple to cut angles out of those bends with a bandsaw. Their purge block for turbo flanges is really nice too. LPSFAB's CCF V3 cutting fixture is really nice as well for building collectors but again all of those things are quite expensive and not necessary for a 1-off. https://www.verociousmotorsports.com...utting-Fixture You could build everything with a grinder and chop saw if you want.
TurboSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2019, 07:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member

pimprn Negative 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSinceBirth View Post
CNC transition head flanges that are really nice to use. I have a set. https://turbo-flanges.com/index.php/...ad-flange.html

Their prices have gone up a little but $5.35 a piece for sch10 1.5" long radius bends aren't too bad. https://www.aceraceparts.com/collect...ls/schedule-10. You'll need some short radius 90s as well in case you have some tight spots but realistically if you plan it out enough you can get away with just long radius elbows. UPP has short radius weld els under $5 a piece and some really nice sanitary 2.5" and 3" pipe but shipping to Canada would probably kill you.

If you want to get serious about building stuff or just make it a lot easier, then check out PRL Motorsports fabrication tools https://prlmotorsports.com/fabricationtools.aspx. I have their 1.5" sch pipe jig and it makes it very simple to cut angles out of those bends with a bandsaw. Their purge block for turbo flanges is really nice too. LPSFAB's CCF V3 cutting fixture is really nice as well for building collectors but again all of those things are quite expensive and not necessary for a 1-off. https://www.verociousmotorsports.com...utting-Fixture You could build everything with a grinder and chop saw if you want.
Thanks alot you guys are so helpful!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:
Real Name(First & Last)
(Required/Hidden)
Mailing Address(Street)
(Required/Hidden)
City
(Required/Hidden)
State
(Required/Hidden)
Zip
(Required/Hidden)
Country