Trailing Arm Eccentric Bolts Seized - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2019, 11:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Forum user

Drives: 92 stealth rt tt
vashtsdaytona is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Default Trailing Arm Eccentric Bolts Seized

Looking for tips on how to solve this.

Ive had a few hiccups in getting my TT aligned properly and have solved all issues but one (typical new ball joints, tierods, some aftermarket adjustable rods)

The last hurtle is the rear tailing arm eccentric bolts.

so we are all on the same page, here is a link to 3sx who has the diagram. I am talking about bolt 615 in AWD rear trailing arm

https://www.3sx.com/rear-subframe-co...-3000gtstealth

I think it is a safe bet to say the bolts are seized in the bushing sleeves. Id rather not have to hack it all out and replace everything. but if I must I must I must.

but first lets try clever things to save them. besides the usual unsticking methods, the access makes it challenging, and would rather not drop the subframe.

I was thinking I might be able to rig up some kind of pusher, to push from the nut side and then add gentle heat to the bolt side. keeping the pressure and varying expansion rates it might pop?

if I had to cut, I THINK a cut off wheel in the pocket and cut the hardware. then perhaps swing the trailing arm out of the pocket then beat the bolt shaft out? or burn/cut/press the whole bushing assembly out.

anyone fought these before?
vashtsdaytona is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2019, 05:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Phoenix GTO

Drives: GTO
jaitch is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Re: Trailing Arm Eccentric Bolts Seized

Damn good question!

Cutting the bolt and dropping the arm is the only solution I am aware of. I am interested in any brilliant solutions as nothing I tried worked.

Mine has been stuck for years and the only way I have got alignment right is with adjusting the track end on my disabled rear rack to add the required adjustment on the "pivoting" part of the trailing arm - if that makes sense. Seems to work for me as daft as it sounds but I would like to get that bolt sometime.

James
Old 06-14-2019, 12:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Verified Seller

Drweldin Level 1Drweldin Level 1
Feedback Score: 176 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaitch View Post
Damn good question!

Cutting the bolt and dropping the arm is the only solution I am aware of. I am interested in any brilliant solutions as nothing I tried worked.

Mine has been stuck for years and the only way I have got alignment right is with adjusting the track end on my disabled rear rack to add the required adjustment on the "pivoting" part of the trailing arm - if that makes sense. Seems to work for me as daft as it sounds but I would like to get that bolt sometime.

James
I'm in the same boat - been seized for years and I've been able to get it in spec tweaking other areas. Hate the thought of dropping subframe, but it's still on my list.
Drweldin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2019, 05:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Forum user

Drives: 92 stealth rt tt
vashtsdaytona is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

very little room to get tools in there, the angle doesn't help either. prob wont be able to go full ham on this until next weekend. so for what its worth I will spray them everyday.

I will get them out one way or the other. my dilemma is to order replacement bits now. they are a bit spendy for what they are. not against spending money, but I don't like wasting money, and there is that 1% chance I might be able to save them.
vashtsdaytona is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in