Is there a work around for a broken emmission check valve? - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2019, 04:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
New User - Please be kind

Mike in Texas is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Is there a work around for a broken emmission check valve?

I need a Check Valve/Fuel Vapor Control, Mitsubishi Part Number: MR323804 for a 1999 3000GT SL.

Haven't been able to find one. Simple part no longer made and does not seem to be of much interest, so I am guessing that others have had the same issue and figured out a way to get around having a working one.

It part of the fuel vapor collection system and is causing the check engine light to stay one. So no inspection and then no registration.

Does anyone know of a way to bypass this thing? Can we just ditch the system and trick the computer into thinking all is ok?

Thought about just resetting the code, getting it inspected before it comes on again, and driving it until we need to do the same thing again next year. However don't like the idea of the light being on all the time and maybe something occurring that we need to know about and missing the warning.

I've seen some threads I think talked about similar issues, but can't find one on this topic. Got a good mechanic who could probably do the fix if we could show him the way.

Thanks,
Mike in Texas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2019, 10:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Forum user

Drives: 96 3000gt base
the_0utsider1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is there a work around for a broken emmission check valve?

Way to bypass for emissions?? My theory is that all the computer "sees" is that the solenoid fired and not actually measure gas vapors or something(same with EGR solenoid?!?!). So if\when i get your problem, im going to cut the shaft of the solenoid. So long as the magnet fires and the piece moves, the computer should be none the wiser.(I think).
I say this because i have disconnected the EGR hose from the EGR itself. Being i dont have hot exhaust going into the cylinder, my car seems to have more pep- especially during the summer.

Last edited by the_0utsider1; 06-06-2019 at 03:28 PM.
the_0utsider1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2019, 09:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
New User - Please be kind

Mike in Texas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is there a work around for a broken emmission check valve?

Thanks tO1, the dealer got the light to go out for now.

Going to keep trying to find one. When I do I got a buddy who says he could probably fix it by replacing the solenoid core, which should be easier to find online.

Going to keep your idea in mind.
Mike in Texas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in