Deft Racing question - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2019, 10:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Forum user

Drives: 2018 E63
ga94vr4 Level 1ga94vr4 Level 1
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Default Deft Racing question

Does anyone speak to anyone over there? I'm getting ready to send my car off to paint but I would like to have a new hood, the Top Secret FRP hood. I see that C7 has a vented FRP hood as well but I do not like the design as much as the Top Secret.

Any help is appreciated!
ga94vr4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2019, 10:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: '91 VR4
PhailosaurusRex is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Re: Deft Racing question

Do not order anything from Deft. You will never see your money or the hood. The owner will hide and not return any of your attempts at correspondence.
PhailosaurusRex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2019, 04:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
"THE KING"

Drives: 94 RT/TT, 11 Raptor
shadow334485 Level 1shadow334485 Level 1
Feedback Score: 17 reviews

Yea Bill disappeared a few years ago, not really sure what happened or anything like that.

Get your Portable ID!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudibleSilence View Post
You can't see it...but I'm making a jerking motion while reading your post.

Respect....lost.
shadow334485 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2019, 08:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member

lobo2112 Level 1lobo2112 Level 1
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

I tried ordering a top secret hood a couple years ago. After almost 6 months of waiting and a ton of failures trying to get a hold of ANYONE, I finally submitted a paypal ticket which got Bill talking. He promptly refunded my money and apologized for not being able to deliver... but he claimed a huge backlog of orders (from other platforms) and when I offered to cancel this order and place a 2nd (to restart the paypal clock... because I REALLY wanted that hood) he said he had no idea when they'd even be able to start work on my hood, and he wasn't comfortable taking my order in without knowing when they could.

I ended up ordering a hood from pitroad-m instead. Took 6 months and has a few defects in the finish but it's super light and obviously carbon top+bottom. As in, unlike most hoods, when you look at the underside you see carbon there too. Flip side to that is along with the defects in the finish... with it being so light it appears there is only 2 or 3 layers of weave and there's a few pinpoints where the weave lines up such that you can see light in between the weaves.

C7 aka Cianci also has had a shady history with taking money and not producing parts or producing inferior parts and only delivering them after lots of delays (years in some cases) and broken promises.

Retrospec recently had a fire... so that's likely to put their 3s hoods (which have been in development limbo for YEARS) even farther on the backburner.

Essentially, if you want a quality vented hood these days you're pretty much f'd. Best I'd recommend is Pitroad-M if you don't mind a 6 month wait, a $2k+ price tag, and a little extra finishing work on your end.

Other option is to buy some aftermarket vents you like the design of, a spare steel hood, and work on your bodywork skills.
Pampena Stage 2 block, Billet DR-650s, GCTech headers, precat + cat deletes, "GT-Pro" ported heads, supertech +1mm valves, BC springs/retainers, solid lifters, Delta 280 cams, Fidanza cam gears, BoostAddict BFG oil pump gears, Chrome V2, 650cc delphi's, AEM "Honda" FPR, hotwired Walbro 400
lobo2112 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2019, 01:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
deftracing.com

Drives: '95 3000GT Spyder TT
deft spyder Level 2deft spyder Level 2deft spyder Level 2deft spyder Level 2deft spyder Level 2deft spyder Level 2
Feedback Score: 105 reviews

Hey guys.

I've been doing other things for sure, so havent focused on public things for a long time. When i do get an order i would see if we could do it, but lately with other things going on, I will absolutely refund the purchase if we can't.

I am sorry this leaves a hole for quality 3S parts... it really was my passion for many years.

Lobo is actually correct and actually has talked to me.

The guy PhailosaurusRex above that said "you'll never see the money" is making things up or confusing me with someone else. How would that even be possible when i only take payment through paypal which has a robust, easy, simple customer favoring refund system?

Thanks to my old buddies for sending me this thread... haven't been on 3si for a while. Rock on friends!
deft spyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2019, 10:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member

lobo2112 Level 1lobo2112 Level 1
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Hey Bill, good to know you're still around. I do hope you'll get back into the 3S market some day... I'd still love to have a TS hood one day.
lobo2112 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2019, 10:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deft spyder View Post

The guy PhailosaurusRex above that said "you'll never see the money" is making things up or confusing me with someone else. How would that even be possible when i only take payment through paypal which has a robust, easy, simple customer favoring refund system?
BECAUSE I'M STILL WAITING FOR THE GODDAMNED HOOD I ORDERED 9/21/2017!

Order number 1J9617870D084350D feel free to look it up.
Edit: that's apparently the paypal transaction ID.

PayPal has a window for requesting refunds, if you wait too long for a custom or made to order item you're SOL.

Last edited by PhailosaurusRex; 06-11-2019 at 10:54 AM.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member

StarWolfQTP is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope this gets resolved. Would love a TS hood also.
StarWolfQTP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2019, 03:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member

Yeah me too. I have over $2000 in '99 conversion parts that have been sitting on a shelf for coming up on 2 years.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member

Drives: Back and Forth :)
OhioSpyderman Level 3OhioSpyderman Level 3OhioSpyderman Level 3OhioSpyderman Level 3OhioSpyderman Level 3OhioSpyderman Level 3OhioSpyderman Level 3OhioSpyderman Level 3OhioSpyderman Level 3OhioSpyderman Level 3
Feedback Score: 58 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by deft spyder View Post
Hey guys.

I've been doing other things for sure, so havent focused on public things for a long time. When i do get an order i would see if we could do it, but lately with other things going on, I will absolutely refund the purchase if we can't.

I am sorry this leaves a hole for quality 3S parts... it really was my passion for many years.

Thanks to my old buddies for sending me this thread... haven't been on 3si for a while. Rock on friends!

Hey, Hi Bill!

Are you really done with it?

If so, why is the site still up and taking orders?

I only purchased a few things from you, but you have always been straight up with me....

Miss ya bud...

Bob.
SBC-iD Boost Controller
Cianci FG Viper Hood/Aerocatch Pins
Quad Carbon Fiber Tipped Borla Catback
Stock 18" 6 Spoke Chromies
K&N FIPK

92 Wheat Beige Metallic Stealth TT..Winter DD!!
OhioSpyderman Short Shifter
SBC-iD Boost Controller

Oldest son - 94 Danube Blue VR4
Middle son - 93 Panama Green VR4

OhioSpyderman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:
Real Name(First & Last)
(Required/Hidden)
Mailing Address(Street)
(Required/Hidden)
City
(Required/Hidden)
State
(Required/Hidden)
Zip
(Required/Hidden)
Country