3S #1 ET Bounty, 6g vs 4g - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Ľ Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2019, 07:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
1G Foglights b!tches

Drives: 1992 VR4
familyMAN Level 2familyMAN Level 2familyMAN Level 2familyMAN Level 2familyMAN Level 2
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Default 3S #1 ET Bounty, 6g vs 4g

I was asked to post here also. Started on Facebook to turn the negative atmosphere, positive and push some results. It's been evolving a bit, but my edits are captured also. The list will stay updated on Facebook. This is just to bring attention.

May as well jump into the action...

First AWD, 6g7x in a 3S chassis, to break Garrett’s 1/4 mi ET (whatever it is at the time) and regain #1 spot will get $500 from me. Has to back up the time with another run within a week of first run.

Only caveat, winner must display a 4Gswap sticker somewhere on the car that’s visible. (Doesn’t have to be crazy, like on windshield). Just a nice conversation starter for s&g. ��

Maybe others will jump in to the “bounty” to push the 6g’s to the front. Seems like it would be smart for actual 6g/3S shops. Unfortunately I have nothing to gain ��

My 5 hundo is open for 2019 and all of 2020. Bounty ends December 31, 2020.

Edit:
☑️Tyler Maggart first to bump in $50
☑️Phoenix Nicholas $50
☑️Josh Throckmorton $100
Cullen Shanahan$100
☑️Abraham Orozco Brockmann $50
Adn N Bzmi $100
Casey Spivey $50
☑️Jacob Segars $50
☑️ Eric Englert $500
☑️Tyler Hershey $50
☑️Otis Baxster $200
David Snook $50

☑️#KakPerformance If a racer uses a kakblock I’ll refund all labor/machine work costs if he breaks Garrett’s record.

#IMR If they are running an IMR turbokit I'll refund half the cost of the kit. That's a $1500 value!

Total Cash Bounty: $1350
Plus Kakperformance bounty
Plus IMR bounty

Edit: this is a “doorcar” bounty. Not an exo cage. Needs to be recognizable as a 3S. So functioning doors, all windows of some sort (can be lexan or optic armor), stock steel rear quarters, stock steel roof channels, stock suspension mounting points, cannot alter engine position more than 2”, cannot alter wheel base more than 2”. So pretty standard, doorcar rules.

Edit2: guys with ☑️ next to name have decided that Garrett should earn it too if he can fend off the entire 6g racing platform. He’ll get the bounty from us that have agreed, if he can fend off all the 6g guys through the end of 2020. He can’t let anyone beat him (and back it up) at all. Only takes one person takes the #1 spot (and back it up) and they get the bounty, even if later in year, he surpasses them again.
mdcrose, lawdogg and StarWolfQTP like this.

familyMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2019, 08:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
I've been here way too long

Drives: 1992 3000GT VR4
Warzone is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Default Re: 3S #1 ET Bounty, 6g vs 4g

This is a fun idea, I hope it actually goes somewhere, and maybe motivates some builds to actually progress.
Warzone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2019, 08:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Pro xfercase destroyer

Drives: One quick Spyder VR4
mjannusch Level 3mjannusch Level 3mjannusch Level 3mjannusch Level 3mjannusch Level 3mjannusch Level 3mjannusch Level 3mjannusch Level 3mjannusch Level 3
Feedback Score: 29 reviews

I'm in for $100.
(Now with Pampena stroker, 16Gs and AEM Infinity)
mjannusch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2019, 10:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
1G Foglights b!tches

familyMAN Level 2familyMAN Level 2familyMAN Level 2familyMAN Level 2familyMAN Level 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjannusch View Post
I'm in for $100.

Cool. Iíll add you. You on Facebook also?

And do you want to make the $100 available for reverse bounty to Garrett?
Old 10-10-2019, 10:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
1994 Mit 3000gt VR4 6spd

Drives: 1994 Mit 3kgt vr4
93stealthsohc is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyMAN View Post

Told you to post here, some old timers don't do Facebook lol That bounty may keep rising
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"][SIZE="3"]1994 Mitsubishi 3000gt VR4 122K(second owner): OEM Oil Cap, OEM Radiator Cap, PCV Valve, Greddy Magnetic Oil Drain Plug, Idle Air Screw & O-Ring, Ignition Coil, PTU, Oil Pick-Up Strainer, UNDENTED OIL PAN, Rotella 10W30, Red Line Drivetrain Fluid, 3SX Turbo Oil Line Kit, Ray's Bell Housing Brace, Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel, SPEC Clutch Stage 2+, PST 2pc. Aluminum+Steel Hybrid Driveshaft, 3SX Custom MSD 8.5mm Plug Wires, NGK Copper BKR7E-11 Spark Plugs, 3sx Fuel Rail Loop, 3sx Downpipe, 3sx Rear Pre-Cat Eliminator, Gutted Front Pre-Cat, LCDC Boost Controller, 3sx Y-Pipe, 3sx Pre-Turbo Intake Pipes, Supra Pump w/ 3sx hotwire, EGR Delete, Complete Emissions Delete, Rebuilt Stock Injectors (evotuner), Rebuilt Throttle Body(dbest671),

1994 dodge stealth sohc 5 spd junked...
93 stealth es atx Junked...

VR4 FOR SALE
93stealthsohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2019, 11:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
Pro xfercase destroyer

Drives: One quick Spyder VR4
mjannusch Level 3mjannusch Level 3mjannusch Level 3mjannusch Level 3mjannusch Level 3mjannusch Level 3mjannusch Level 3mjannusch Level 3mjannusch Level 3
Feedback Score: 29 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyMAN View Post

I'm on Facebook, but no idea where this conversation was going on. I don't hang out in the "big" groups - too much noise.

If there's not at least a couple of solid competitors then I'm not sure on the reverse bounty. I don't even know who have cars actually built and will go to the track to compete for this.
mjannusch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2019, 12:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Duper Mod

Drives: deals
lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3lawdogg Level 3
Feedback Score: 111 reviews

It's on! What's Garrett's # now?
Originally Posted by ray pampena View Post
Cant we all just smile and get along?
No!
lawdogg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2019, 01:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Forum user

SWENDAB is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Great thread.
familyMAN likes this.
SWENDAB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2019, 02:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
1G Foglights b!tches

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjannusch View Post
I'm on Facebook, but no idea where this conversation was going on. I don't hang out in the "big" groups - too much noise.

If there's not at least a couple of solid competitors then I'm not sure on the reverse bounty. I don't even know who have cars actually built and will go to the track to compete for this.
It's in the 3sgto facebook group. But I can just add your name with your screen name from here.

No one is close to the ET, but there are a lot of big builds. Two big power autos that haven't put it all together yet to make a solid pass, but have potential. And I tune a budget decent power car that I finally convinced to go auto. Not sure what else is cooking up.

As for reverse bounty, lot of talk on supporting the platform and specifically the most vocal "4ghaters" say they support Garrett just hate a 4Gswap. After thinking about it, I say let's prove it. (BTW, well over half the 6g bounty is made up of Pro 4G guys so far. They may have thought their money was safe with Garrett not getting beat, but the 4Gguys also have all approved the reverse bounty, so literally put their money with their mouth is)

So...if a 6g racer takes the #1 spot (with a back up pass) from Garrett at any time between now and end of 2020, they get the bounty; even if Garrett re-takes the record before the end of 2020. So he has to fend off every single 6g racer and not let anyone take #1 even once. IF he does that all the way through 2020, then he gets the Bounty (from those that have agreed to the "reverse" bounty as I'm calling it. Not all have agreed and I get it. That turns from a bet to a donation. So now, I'm donating $500 regardless; where as before, it was a carrot that I thought was pretty safe. lol)

He's been out there busting ass. Taking shit from the 4ghaters and now I put a target on his back. 6g guys get to benefit from all of the pushing he has done on lightweighting the chassis as well as what we've learned on autos. There is already a little coattail riding with some of those builds. Seems fair to me that he gets some financial support from the community if he fends off the 6g attackers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdogg View Post
It's on! What's Garrett's # now?
8.29 at 168......so far
Old 10-10-2019, 02:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
1G Foglights b!tches

We are up to $1600 cash Bounty for 6g's. Still working on the Reverse Bounty, its for sure $1050, but may go higher.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Automotive Discussions > General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in