3000GT/Stealth International Message Center - View Single Post - Ok now... weird issue
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2019, 06:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
PhailosaurusRex
Forum Member

Drives: '91 VR4
PhailosaurusRex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ok now... weird issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraLs1 View Post
So car was running great. Great oil pressure just couldn’t be more perfect. All of a sudden running rough but when I gassed her in neutral the break pedal would be come so stiff. In fact when it started running rough the break pedal was stiff. But when I gave her gas in neutral the gas pedal wouldn’t push down at all..
Are you sure this is correct? The throttle is cable driven so if you can't press the pedal something is physically blocking it.

The break booster is vacuum assisted, if the hose going to it has come off or torn the pedal will become very still and you will have a large vacuum leak which could cause the engine to run poorly.

There are a number of ways to check for boost/vac leaks. Because I haven't bought the proper tool I stick a garbage bag between the filter box and intake pipe in front of the MAF to seal it. Then I dial down the regulator on the shop compressor and hook up to one of the vacuum lines, usually the clutch booster reservoir hose, pressurized the system and listen for leaks.
There might be a better way but that works for me.
PhailosaurusRex is offline   Reply With Quote