Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Red 92 RT/TT 90k Miles

750 views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  J-blueSL 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm located in Portland Oregon and I've had a Dodge Stealth for 12 years and I feel it's finally time to make the sentimental switch to a four door sedan.

I've been through bad times, good times, great times, and amazing times with this wonderful car, but I feel it's about time it should go to someone who go can give it the TLC it deserves which I was eagerly able to give when it was my baby.
Now that my priorities in life have shifted, it hurts me the most that I can no longer give this beast the attention it deserves. With that said, my beloved Stealth is now officially up for sale.

It's sitting at 90,400 miles and has no problem relocating your eyeballs when you slam on the gas. It has plenty of modifications but I consider them as bonus points instead of trying to get my money back for them.
I shipped this car with me when I was stationed in Europe and had a hell of a ride with it while I was driving on the autobahn. Even slip-streamed a Porsche 911 doing 260 kph so this car can definitely run with the best of em. There's a few dings and dents that occurred when I took it for a few laps on the international race track Nurburgring out in Germany, but for what it's worth it's a great car for anyone who can show it the same love I gave it when it was my pride and joy. Becuase of this I'd really want her to go to someone who appreciates the platform as much as I do and would love for someone on this forum to take ownership of her so I can see where she ends up. Because of this I will be willing to negotiate a discount via PM if you're a registered user on this site. As of now this car is already on Ebay.

Here's a list of what's in store for a potential buyer:

The Good:
  • 5-speed Manual Transmission
  • AWD Transmission 300M Output Shaft
  • New Transfer Case AWD
  • OBX-SCE Helical AWD-Front Limited Slip Differential
  • Front Mount Dual Flow Intercooler
  • Deft Racing 5se7e5 Fiberglass Hood
  • Lat42 Flip Up Projectors
  • 18x9 Chrome Saleens
  • 265/35/18 Sumitomo HTRZ IIIs
  • Tein S.Techs Springs
  • DNS Hard Intercooler Pipes
  • Cross-drilled/slotted rotors
  • HKS Intake
  • IPS 3" Catback w/ A'PEXi N-1 Canisters
  • A'PEXi AVC-R Boost Controller
  • Turbo XS RFL BOV
  • 20% tint
  • Dual 12" Rockford Fosgate P3 with Custom Fit Box
  • JL Audio 500/1 Amp + Kenwood eXcelon KAC-X10D 1200W
  • Dynamated trunk and door to prevent rattling
  • Full new leather seats front and back with custom R/T TT Embroidery
  • Completely new black plush carpet
  • 60k service done

The bad
  • SRS light on
  • Doesn't blow cold air
  • Overheats while idling but its fine while moving.
  • Third gear grinds if not synced
  • Dings and dents here and there. Nothing major
  • Few scrapes on bumper
  • Fiberglass hood alignment issues

The ugly
  • Leaks coolant while running but it doesn't drip on the ground.
  • Large boost leak. Once the leak is tightened it will push hard for sure.

The last two are the most recent. I'm sentimentally torn to let it go, but I think the time has come to pass the torch to someone who can take care of her.
I took her to carmax for an appraisal and after a half hour of compliments and friendly small talk they offered me a grand total of $300. I then asked to use the bathroom and proceeded to fill the back part of the their toilets with full rolls of toilet paper.

The car runs absolutely fine as a daily driver as long as the temperature is monitored. The radiator fan wires are a frayed so it needs to be moving to stay cool.
After installing the front mount dual flow intercooler the boost leak prevents any kind of racing at the moment. It needs proper T-clamps instead of the weaker hose clamps to keep up the pressure. The car easily pushes 15+ psi which is too much for the little hose clamps.

Serious offers only please. I'll provide a price I'm looking for after I've garnered some interest. Just for both of our sake don't make it have 3 digits.

See less See more
#2 ·
bump for a nice bumper too! (not mentioned in the list of The Good)

#3 · (Edited)
Thanks! The bumper was a causality of the racetrack. Had to go back to stock. It definitely was a great bumper too. Major props to deftracing. Would buy another in a heartbeat if I wasn't selling the car.

#4 ·
I took her to carmax for an appraisal and after a half hour of compliments and friendly small talk they offered me a grand total of $300. I then asked to use the bathroom and proceeded to fill the back part of the their toilets with full rolls of toilet paper.
Holy shit i laughed so hard and put that in my sig

#5 ·
Haha, yea I was pretty passive aggressive to say the least.

Car is now up on Ebay, but as I said I'd be willing to negotiate down a bit if you're a member of this forum.

Dodge Stealth R T TT | eBay

#7 · (Edited)
Let me know if anyone is in the pacific northwest that wants to test drive it.

#9 · (Edited)
I would, but it would be a lot harder to sell a car without headlights.

Talk to Kurt @ Lat42Motorsports. He might still be in the business.

I don't have the patience or capabilities to part out this car.

#11 ·
I appreciate the offer but the custom flip up HID headlights are a pretty sweet selling point. Downgrading the car seems like a step in the wrong direction.

#12 ·
Nevermind. Got into a front end collision with a sign post that bent the crap out of the axle and cracked the oil pan.

And to add insult to injury they gave me a DUI for it. I blew a 0.0%.
Can't wait till someone invades this damn country,

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.