120k Service - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Regional Discussions > Chapters > 3Si New England Chapter

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2012, 11:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member

Risen is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default 120k Service

Hey, I recently just bought a 3000gt. Nothing special, 1998 Base model. I was wondering which shop I should take it to to get the 120k service. Anywhere from Lowell, MA to Rockland, MA, or surrounding cities? It also has an electrical problem, where the lights are pulsating, and I want a mechanic to look at that too. Well my main question is any reputable shops around my area? I've looked everywhere for one but can't seem to find any leads. Some of the posts are from 2004, so I want a more updated list. Should I take it to a mitsubishi dealership? Read a lot and saw everyone say no to dealership, as shops are a bit cheaper and save a bit of money. I'm always for saving money . Thanks for your help!!
Risen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 09:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
3S Surgeon

Drives: '91 VR4
jstarr427 Level 1jstarr427 Level 1
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Default Re: 120k Service

A local member is probably the best option for you. I'd do it myself but I suppose I'm a bit too far from you. Some people will suggest ESP Performance in MA, but I would not. a friend of mine bought a 93 VR4 that supposedly had oversized forged pistons, heads, etc... the engine failed and upon disassembly found out that none of it was true. He even had the receipts from the previous owner for work that was 'supposedly' done!
'91 VR4 Jamaican Blue 1 of 12: Purchased 10/11: BPU+, 4 bolt block, forged crank, 25 spline trans, EGR delete, vac reduc, AWS delete, gutted precats, 3sx downpipe, test pipe, 'old man' stock catback, 3sx Pre-turbo intakes, silicone IC hoses, DSM sidemounts, Tien S.techs, new ECS struts, 2g TT brakes, 18x8.5 fn01r-c, OP, WT, Volt, Boost gauges, AEM WB...
I do 3S work locally! PM me for more info.

jstarr427 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012, 03:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member

Risen is an unknown quantity at this point

I've only heard good things about you. I was thinking of taking it to esp, only for convenience, but what's the point of spending money to do a service that they might not do correctly. How good are you with electrical problems? My 3000gt lights are flickering. Barely noticeable. My guess for the problem is because the previous owner put in aftermarket speedometer cluster. Starts up no problem though. How long does it take you to do the 120k service? It's probably worth it for me to come down to ct to get this done :/ Ill pm you
Risen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 03:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member

raymos210 is an unknown quantity at this point

I can recommend Jstarr 10000%. It is worth the drive by far. I drove down from Boston and wouldn't hesitate to go drive again with any issues that may pop up.
raymos210 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 01:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 1992 VR-4x2, 1993 SL
stans3000gt is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Congrats on the purchase of the 3k I am sure you will love it. I am the owner of Extreme Motor sport, we are located in Newton MA. You can find us on yelp or stop by to say Hi. We can take care of the 120K for you as well as any other problems and or mods you are looking to do to your 3s. We have been working on 3s's for a long time and know them inside out. We use all OEM Parts. You can reach us at 617-708-4892.

Stan-

Jon And Raymond HI! how you guys doing? Ray what ever happend to you. I never heard back after I hooked you up with that ECU. Hope everything is good.

Cars!
1992 Mazda Miata MX-5- scca race car
1992 Panama Green VR-4 (Sold to a friend, will never forget)
1992 3000gt Silver VR-4 (New project)
1993 3000gt Red SL( kick ass Daily)
1998 Wrangler 4.0L
Bikes!
2001 SuzukiGSX-R750(with a few mods)
1985 Yamaha XV700
1985 Kawasaki GPZ550
stans3000gt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Regional Discussions > Chapters > 3Si New England Chapter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.