Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Oahu Hawaii!!!

16K views 180 replies 25 participants last post by  stephenhartley 
#1 ·
Is anyone here on this site? I am stationed here for the remaining 2 years and want to get something going. I have full access to a shop here on base and can sponsor you guys to get access so let me know so we can get things going.

#33 ·
i got some parts I need to get rid of if anyone wants them. I have the pearl white AA spoiler, an intake plenum, and a water pump for a 1st gen. Im not looking for any money, just gotta get rid of it and I dont want to throw it away.

#34 ·
I am good on those, thanks though!
I have a situation I would like comment on, if you all can help:
I am getting ready to change the car to black, doing the work in the paint booth on base. In an effort to save on prep work, I am looking either for a body kit, or black body pieces. I found someone with 97 rear bumper, side skirts, hoop spoiler, and fenders (though I am not too concerned about the fenders, those should be pretty easy to prep I think).
I have a 91...but those should all fit, right?

Secondly, he is a super awesome guy and will hook me up cheap, but he is in Florida and isn't sure who he can ship to here through. Apparently the skirts and bumper exceed the fed ex length, even though the weight is under their limit.

Thoughts?

#36 ·
My sister lives in Pearl City. She works in auto body repair. I can't wait to go and visit!!

#38 ·
The response you have seen in this thread is pretty much it for the club here, it seems. Trying to revive it...slowly but surely!

As for getting together for drives, or whatever, we'll see I guess. There is a group of car people, none of them with 3s's I think, that meet at the NEX on FRI &/or SAT nights after 9 I think. I was thinking of making an appearance once I finish my head work and stop it from smoking/burning oil!

#39 ·
I'm down for a meetup. Maybe we could meet together first and then roll over to the NEX. I'm sure those boys will want to race, so be prepared if you're up for that.

#43 ·
I wonder if any of you guys have seen my old 92 RT around. has a 2 tone interior. I have no idea where it ended up.

Jon

#44 ·
Is anyone out there!!! i never see any of our cars anymore on pearl habor or in waikiki no more. im in a Green 96' if anyone has seen me. i wanna get together with sombody out here that has done some mods as i have as well. i got a friend that just got a 93' supra and we where gunna cruiz around so it would be great to have another 3kgt out with me to represant out here and to talk about how/what to do with more mods

#47 ·
Yeah, the club here is fairly nonexistent. There are one or two that USE to have a 3S and have moved on to something else. Last time we got together, they came along still though.

Anyhow, yeah my next project is on my VR4. I'll be doing the steering rack, to include new tie rod ends, new ball joints, passenger-side half shaft (cv boot torn and the whole assembly costs the same as just the boot...dumb). While I have the Tcase off I am going to install one of the bracket/braces on it to strengthen it a tad. Still on the fence as to whether or not to get a carbon fiber drive shaft too. Shipping to here SUCKS!

What do you do here and how long have you been here?

#48 ·
Nice, seems like a good bit of stuff to do! Im a 20 year old life guard that has lived here for about 6 years give or take. You?
Ive had my car for about a year now but its only a base and i dont want to keep throwing money at it for mods, planning on trying to get a VR4 somewhere round here (impossible haha) and re-build it ground up.

#49 ·
Yeah...not a lot of vr4s around these days. Pretty sure I haven't seen another one here!
Got all the parts ordered, including the cfds, and now jist need to wait the eternity for everything to get shipped in.
What all have you done to yours? I can lend a hand if you need it...pretty familiar with these beasts now!

#50 · (Edited)
I lived in Honolulu in 2006-2008 while I was doing my MBA at HPU and had my first 3/S with me there. Not a bad place, but very expensive. Never had a chance to meet fellow 3/S owners there, even though I went on a meet once, but apparently everyone was gone when I got there... I have seen a number of 3/S cars there, including a VR4 that had one loud blow off valve. :)

#51 ·
Im pretty much done with everything i want to do to it baecause after a wile you only want to do so much to a front wheel drive.
19"Montege extra low profile.
custom mesh screen for bumper and side vents.
custom molded headlights (lexan robo mod) with red demon eyes halo's.
Fog light mod (they turn on whenever i want) and bolted them to shine through the two side vents in the bumper.
Long tube headers, straight pipe, Borla Cat-back.
Cold air intake
Full sounds (Image Dynamics, Inifinity Kappa's, 12' Kicker sub)
and a few other little things.
Ill for shure let you know whenever I can get srarted on a VR4

#52 ·
I reached out to the one guy that I had messaged you about - no reply.
I started getting parts in for the project - Half shaft, end links. Waiting for a box of nuts/bolts/gaskets/seals from 3sx (should be here this week) and the CFDS (should be here next week!).
Last thing is just trying to source a steering rack. Had a decent looking lead in the Parts Wanted section, but it is kind of fizzling. Looks like I may have to buy a rebuild kit and fix mine myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.