• Infinity Reference 6032cf (or 6032si)

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Polk Audio DB651 (or DB651s)

Votes: 7 35.0%

Replacing Factory Door Speakers

25K views 50 replies 13 participants last post by  Dave57 
#1 · (Edited)
Help Choosing Replacement Door Speakers

Both of my door speakers have blown. I know there are better options out there but I've short-listed my replacements to these 2 options as I want to do the minimal amount of modifications to the door/basket:

- Infinity Reference 6032cf $56.48
- Polk Audio DB651 (and DB651s) $63.75

I think there is less work to install the Infiniti speakers whereas there are some slight modifications to fit in the Polk Audio (not sure about the slim mount version).

#39 ·
Yeah, those are good I have some of those and had an old home theater sitting around, and rewired and spliced it all to that setup, and im honestly thinking of buying more they sound so clean, I honestly say turn up the decibal on the speakers otherwise it sounds a tad muzzled, and fair warning these will probly be more quiet then stock, so you may want an amp, but thats your decision. I cant wait to get my car back and put all my toys in it, and hear my symphony on 18"s :)

#43 ·
How deep are the speakers that hit the window?
I have to wonder if the window to speaker door clearance changed?
I know in 94 the seat rails are higher on the passenger seat.

#44 ·
The info can be found at Infinity website for " KAPPA 63.9I " i'll look for it.

But the back of the speaker is not big, i'd even say it's short and it's a little shorther than the Bose i originally had but the thing on this speaker is that the mid and tweeter things stick out so much that it 's making it hard to install.

#49 ·
My 1992 RT/TT has 36k on it. Took a pic while I was outside this morning changing the driver window reg. They are out there. I bought mine from a collector in NYC who needed room for car #32, a 4th Ferrari.

Attachments

#51 ·
The dealer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.