My Antenna won't go down even when the car is off. - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Modifications and Technical Support > Audio/Video Systems

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2011, 09:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Poor College Student

Drives: '97 3000gt
Godrilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question My Antenna won't go down even when the car is off.

1997 3000gt base but with premium sound. Anyways, My antenna won't go down. My stereo never worked(I drive with silence) when i bought it anyways. My car has amps and 2 10's in the trunk, but since the stereo doesn't power up, so doesn't the amps/subs. Well, I disconnected the wire for the amps from my battery, and my alarm went off then the antenna popped up. Since my stereo doesn't turn on, the antenna shouldn't pop up at all. What's the problem? the previous owner installed the alarm and sub/amps. The wiring is such a mess in the top of the trunk.

I'm not fond to 3000gt's so I have no clue what's up.
Godrilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2011, 10:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Verified Seller

Drives: VR4
mb3000 Level 1mb3000 Level 1mb3000 Level 1
Feedback Score: 45 reviews
Default Re: My Antenna won't go down even when the car is off.

You're going to want to go through all of the wiring, sounds like the alarm system install wasn't up to par. If you don't really want it I would get rid of it, as it can cause some real headaches.
mb3000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2011, 10:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Poor College Student

Drives: '97 3000gt
Godrilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb3000 View Post
You're going to want to go through all of the wiring, sounds like the alarm system install wasn't up to par. If you don't really want it I would get rid of it, as it can cause some real headaches.
I think the alarm is fine. It's regular for the alarm to go off when all the power is disconnected from the battery. It's just the wiring for the amps is a headache. I think the previous owner messed up the electrical system, as the cigarette lighter socket doesn't work as it should.

Is it possible that there's a fuse that associates with this? Before, my interior lights wouldn't work until I wiggled a fuse, the one that is clamped with a metal clip. When i fixed the problem, the antenna went up and down, may this be the solution?
Godrilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2011, 10:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 96' 3000GT VR4
Patten is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godrilla View Post
I think the alarm is fine. It's regular for the alarm to go off when all the power is disconnected from the battery. It's just the wiring for the amps is a headache. I think the previous owner messed up the electrical system, as the cigarette lighter socket doesn't work as it should.

Is it possible that there's a fuse that associates with this? Before, my interior lights wouldn't work until I wiggled a fuse, the one that is clamped with a metal clip. When i fixed the problem, the antenna went up and down, may this be the solution?
An improper alarm installation, and he hooked up and amp. So obviously this guy you bought the car from, could have fucked up all the wiring in the car. But my suggestion is same as above, take the alarm out, see if it fixes it. that is after you check fuses. If not, probly gonna be a huge bitch to get back to normal.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Verified Seller

Drives: VR4
mb3000 Level 1mb3000 Level 1mb3000 Level 1
Feedback Score: 45 reviews

Power wire should be around 4awg w/ 50A fuse inline in the engine bay.
Negative wire should be the same.
Pcon can be a smaller gauge such as 18
Speaker wire should be from 10awg and up, I wouldn't go smaller than 18.

Here is a diagram I just drew up.
mb3000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2011, 10:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Preserve a 3S

Drives: '95 RT/TT
Dave57 Level 1Dave57 Level 1Dave57 Level 1
Feedback Score: 38 reviews

Darn get the flux capacitor out

If there's alterations to the car in the rear of it the antenna wires at the antenna may be disconnected / broken.

Here's how it works.

The antenna has a full time power supply (red black), switched power (blue), a signal input (pink wire from the radio) and a ground (black).

When the pink wire has a positive on it the antenna goes up. It goes down without it but needs the full time power supply to go down. The antenna also goes down when the switched power is turned off.

Full time power is needed for the antenna to go down when the car is turned off. So that's proabaly the problem.

That full time power I think comes from the iod circuit it's fuse in the car would be #19.
Smokin corner box JL W3. 99 lights & fogs w/Hid's . Bridgestone RE050A skins. Member #846 6/01

99SL Black (Deb) The first actual 99 Digital Climate Control Conversion Oct. 04, 05, & 06 Quickening "Best Stock"
Dave57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Modifications and Technical Support > Audio/Video Systems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.