Cianci is just f*cking shit! - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Ratings/Reviews > Product reviews

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2012, 03:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: Aug 92' Aust. 3000gt
Ausgt3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Default Cianci product not what i expected!

BRAND NEW JUST OUT OF THE BOX.

Please observe the following pictures related to a gen2 viper bonnet purchase from Cianci many months ago. Just after they moved to Mexico.

With the twisting, turning, heat and cold influences expected i dont see how they could expect it to last.

Last edited by Ausgt3; 03-17-2012 at 06:29 PM.
Ausgt3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2012, 09:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Paid Member

Drives: VR4
swed29 Negative 1
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Default Re: Cianci is just f*cking shit!

Wow man that is shittty. Email them call them, Tell them to replace it theres no way i would stand for that these hoods are not cheap 700-800bucks tell them they can have there old one back and send u a new one
Old 03-15-2012, 09:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Quit while you're ahea

Drives: like an idiot
green-lantern Level 2green-lantern Level 2green-lantern Level 2green-lantern Level 2green-lantern Level 2green-lantern Level 2
Feedback Score: 45 reviews

I guess I won't be ordering a hood from them after all. Sucks man

green-lantern is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2012, 10:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
^^My name is April^^

Drives: Spyder VR4, SRT8
dbest671 Level 2dbest671 Level 2dbest671 Level 2dbest671 Level 2dbest671 Level 2dbest671 Level 2
Feedback Score: 88 reviews

No surprise, there is a reason why they are not allowed to sell their crap over here. I don't care who owns them.

But seriously I read they are trying to make a comeback on another forum, and a whole bunch of people are lined up with money in hand. It funny how history loves to repeat itself.

Oh and go look over on the Corvette forum, they have some pissed off customers over there too.

Last edited by dbest671; 03-15-2012 at 11:26 AM.
dbest671 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2012, 11:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 92 3000GT SL
XiKevinn is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

wow that sucks I was gunna order the viper style hood from 3sx but I know they make it for them

92 3000GT SL ATX 11/11 - 6/13 Parts Car
XiKevinn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2012, 10:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

vr499 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

This is Ryan. I was pointed over here, but I can't remember my login information to my old account.

I'm not sure when you purchased that hood.. But right after I moved cianci to Mexico it was back in 2009? The area that you are showing being cracked is actually inbetween two skins on the outter edge. It is possible the filler cracked in those areas because a batch of hoods didn't have resin as the method to join the two skins on the seam area.

The best thing to do when you prep the hood would be to sand out the filler and use polyester resin to fill inbetween the two skins.

If you do need help you can send me a pm.

I'm sorry you received a hood with un unexpected issue.
vr499 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2012, 10:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: mitsubishi, nissan
MWC3000gt is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Notice how a replacement wasn't even mentioned....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.com App
MWC3000gt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2012, 11:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Boost Addict

Drives: Stealth
kyle f is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Im sorry, but if I am paying $800 for a hood, I should not have to re-do your shoddy work.

Sand and refill because you didn't have enough resin in your process... Ha!

In works... small stereo, Boost/Wideband/Volt Gages, EGR Block Offs, Hot Wire Kit, Vac Reduction, Fuel Pump Upgrade, AFPR.
kyle f is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2012, 12:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: Aug 92' Aust. 3000gt
Ausgt3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Ryan,
There is a level of expectation that you as a seller must rise to, this is not a cheap item and the hood purchased was part of a large sea freight order placed with the guys at 3sx. Think about it because it took 3 additional months past the expected delivery date and large amounts of phone calls and emails to get it all in. But that is beside this point.

If this is as you say, and is caused by a problem in the lack of material in the construction process there must be some form of compensation made. Suggesting a repair method i dont feel is a viable option and we can safely assume that another one is out of the question. I live in Australia.

In trying to make good of this issue i will have to additional spend $80 per hour (the rate for my panel shop) for a unknown quantity of hours to see if it will live up to expectation. To be honest its not something i wish to do.

In closing, i have already purchased a factory aluminium 99 hood to avoid further problems and i only request that you see there is a percentage of fault to lay at your feet and to provide some form of reimbursement. Please do not offer me store credit.

A credit, if any, can be passed to the guys at 3sx via private dealings to which i shall be contacted by them. If you dont find that you hold any responsible part in the manufacture of this hood i will say that you need to change your quality control methods and have a good hard look at the way you choose to operate your business.

Regards Pete.

Fellow 3si members, check out my complete 3000gt frame off restoration
http://www.3si.org/forum/f155/rebuild-495223/
Ausgt3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2012, 01:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
Hobo on a ham sandwhich

Drives: 01 TTQ 225, 91 RT/TT
1gcrazy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Businesses don't understand that if you fail to take care of ONE customer, you'll fail to take care of any.

You can't shell out a small percentage to make a customer happy, you wont have customers.
1gcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Ratings/Reviews > Product reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.