"Auto Engine Lube" Pre-Luber Kit (with install PICS) - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Ratings/Reviews > Product reviews

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2009, 05:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Verified Seller

Drweldin Level 1Drweldin Level 1
Feedback Score: 175 reviews
Default "Auto Engine Lube" Pre-Luber Kit (with install PICS)

If you're reading this you obviously know the benefit of a Pre-luber.
This device uses pressurized oil to "pre-lube" your engine before dry
starting. Here is a link to the manufacturers site for more details.

AutoEngineLube Pre Lube System Reduces Engine Wear Up To 60%

I can't say enough about the good customer service from the guy who
sells this product. He has provided great communication regarding shipping, and has quickly answered e-mails for technical questions, even on the weekend...

Another important note for anyone that buys this kit based on this review...PM me your name if you do, because if I (or anyone else that buys the kit) refers anyone else who buys the kit, there is a $20 incentive And by the way, I am NOT affliated with the company in any way - just a customer

On to the install:
Since I have my battery in the rear, space was easy to find...

Close up of pressure gauge and solenoid valve:

Connection at the block:
This is just a T fitting, with luber in one side, and pressure switch on the other....all fittings are supplied, which is nice. Not much clearance at all, but it seems to work. Longterm I am going to look for a BSPT Tee...because it's supplied with a BSPT to NPT adapter, it stands off pretty far from the switch fitting. **EDIT: See pic below...I revised this connection by using a BSPT Male (with 2 BSPP females) Tee fitting and 1/8 BSPT (male) to 1/8 NPT female adapter for alot more clearance. These were from Mcmaster Carr...

BEFORE:

AFTER:

The typical installation uses just a 12V source that turns on in the "run" position...I opted to wire thru a switch so I had more control over the opening and closing of the solenoid valve...this is an old aftermarket illuminated fog light switch I had, which is nice because in the "on" or "solenoid open" position it lights up...when "off" or "solenoid closed" the switch is dark...

Other details:
Kit uses quick connect brass fittings with Parker 350 psi hydraulic hose. All fittings, and electrical parts are included. The only thing I supplied was the switch...which was nice. Accumulator tank is powder coated aluminum, good for 500+ psi if I remember correctly. The parts are all VERY GOOD quality!

The tank fills and pressurizes very quickly. After cycling it for the first time, the pressure gauge on the accumulator read 80 psi, and held it over night, and should hold it for a very long time. When activating the solenoid, it pushes oil into the engine pretty quickly...I need to do a little more playing with it, but Im pretty sure oil was making it's way all the way to the heads even...
Before opening the solenoid, I verified the oil level by the dipstick...sure enough it went from the top mark to the bottom (about 1 Qt).

What really attracted me to this kit was its simplicity...although not advertised as a surge control device, it could be used as one, although it would be manually, and you would only have (1) Qt....which is better than nothing. I bought it strictly as a pre-lube device.
Note: The manufacturer sells other (larger capacity) kits. I bought the 1 Qt. kit.
I'm sure I'm leaving something out, so if you have any questions, let me know, I'll try to answer them.

Last edited by Drweldin; 08-04-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Drweldin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2009, 11:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Amsterdamn

Drives: 85 Monte Carlo SS
Turbo Beast Level 1Turbo Beast Level 1Turbo Beast Level 1
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Default Re: "Auto Engine Lube" Pre-Luber Kit (with install PICS)

Like i also asked in the other thread Would i be able to prime it before i mount it on a fresh build?

Turbo Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2009, 12:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Verified Seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Beast View Post
Like i also asked in the other thread Would i be able to prime it before i mount it on a fresh build?
Yes...I think it would be fairly easy to do.
You'd have to manually fill the tank, add the valve, then
pressurize through the schrader valve on the tank...when you
power it up, valve opens, etc....

Old 08-13-2009, 11:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Verified Seller

Drives: 93 3000GT VR-QUATTRO
CHRIS75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews

Could you make a vid taking the oil cap out and got someone to turn the thing on to see how much oil comes through out?
Will this mean I have to add another qt to my regular fill to keep the oil tank full?
How long does the prime last ? 3 -4 secs ?

Can you imagine how easy and cheap would it be for a motor company to design this to new cars? But they don't do it cos they want you to buy a new car every 50k 100k miles.

If this guy comes with this thing and cost $ 190 ( with him making profit ) a motor company certainly could do a better and cheaper design.
CHRIS75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2009, 06:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
Verified Seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIS75 View Post
Could you make a vid taking the oil cap out and got someone to turn the thing on to see how much oil comes through out?
Will this mean I have to add another qt to my regular fill to keep the oil tank full?
How long does the prime last ? 3 -4 secs ?

Can you imagine how easy and cheap would it be for a motor company to design this to new cars? But they don't do it cos they want you to buy a new car every 50k 100k miles.

If this guy comes with this thing and cost $ 190 ( with him making profit ) a motor company certainly could do a better and cheaper design.
I'll see about the vid, but don't hold your breath....
Obviously looking thru the cap you'll only see so much, but if you've ever opened the cap while the car is running, it pretty much looks like that (without the cams spinning of course )
Yes, it discharges in just a few seconds, and since the car isn't running you can hear it also...I think you are correct on your assumption on why they wouldn't do it from the factory....just look at the mess we are in now with car makers to prove that.
My guess is that the maker of this kits has a nice profit built in, the solenoid valve has to be the most expensive part, followed by the tank....but simplicity is nice, and it is a pretty complete kit.
Edit: yes, you add whatever the tank holds to top off the oil (about a quart)....
Old 08-14-2009, 07:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
ETA : 04/2010

Drives: sexy 2nd gen VR4
TwIIn_TuRbo_BaBiie13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews

same thing as previous threads Ive seen titled as Pre Oilers, right? I was reading on this for a little while, is there a significant improvement ?

[CENTER]THE FAMILY]
92 VR4- R.I.P.
94 VR4- LaLa's Beast *under the Knife*
TwIIn_TuRbo_BaBiie13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2010, 11:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
Verified Seller

Warning:
I had the oil pressure gauge fail on this unit today.
Luckily I noticed the dash oil pressure gauge acting funny and
pulled over. Had to call a flatbed for a tow. Not fun.
I drained the oil (what was left)...and so far I think I dodged
a bullet.
I have notified the maker, and let him know that the gauge needs
to be improved.
Just wanted to warn everyone. Probably worth upgrading out of the box.
Gotta love it when a $2 part can cause a $5000 repair...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Ratings/Reviews > Product reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:
Real Name(First & Last)
(Required/Hidden)
Mailing Address(Street)
(Required/Hidden)
City
(Required/Hidden)
State
(Required/Hidden)
Zip
(Required/Hidden)
Country
(Required/Hidden)
Date of Birth
Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.
Month Day Year

Privacy

Log-in

Random Question