NA to FWD TT. do you enjoy yours? - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Modifications and Technical Support > Engine - Non-Turbo > Engine - NA to Forced Induction

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2013, 08:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 94 RT stealth
TMR_STEALTH is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default NA to FWD TT. do you enjoy yours?

I just made a new topic about this. except this time i do not have mechanical questions or price and parts concerns. my set up will cost 1500$ and im going with a new front mount inter cooler to reduce knock a little. thats why mine is more pricey.

but i want personal opinions for those of you who have done the conversion. is it enjoyable. after you own it for a while and drive it. is it still a big headache every other day or are the bugs gone. do you enjoy your set up.?

do not tell me sell and buy a vr4. im sick of that.lol i want to beable to say i converted not sold out.

thanks in advance - Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2013, 10:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member

Default Re: NA to FWD TT. do you enjoy yours?

bump. come on guys dont hog your knowledge lol
TMR_STEALTH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 12:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member

sonny21 is an unknown quantity at this point

talk to 98 slept he is the man
sonny21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 12:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
Quit while you're ahea

Drives: like an idiot
green-lantern Level 2green-lantern Level 2green-lantern Level 2green-lantern Level 2green-lantern Level 2green-lantern Level 2
Feedback Score: 45 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMR_STEALTH View Post
I just made a new topic about this. except this time i do not have mechanical questions or price and parts concerns. my set up will cost 1500$ and im going with a new front mount inter cooler to reduce knock a little. thats why mine is more pricey.

but i want personal opinions for those of you who have done the conversion. is it enjoyable. after you own it for a while and drive it. is it still a big headache every other day or are the bugs gone. do you enjoy your set up.?

do not tell me sell and buy a vr4. im sick of that.lol i want to beable to say i converted not sold out.

thanks in advance - Tim
Yes to all

Yes it's fun, very fun

Yes it's a headache

Yes you will start to realize you have zero traction.

If this is your only car then don't do it. If you have a back up car I say do it.

green-lantern is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 12:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 1995 RT NA, 94 TT,GP
sensational980 Negative 1
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

Dont sell the NA. Keep it. Dont convert it. Buy a TT and still just DD your NA.

I put nitrous on my NA and I was worned I would want more. I indeed did. So I said skip the conversion sold all the conversion parts and just got a TT. Cost for TT car was $1200.00. Billet DR650S AWD A blast to drive!
My NA would never have been this fun. I will still probably TT my NA one day just because. Oh yeah even with the nitrous no traction from a stop with just a 50shot. I could spin tires doing 70mph on freeway 100 shot and hit nitrous WoT. So NA no traction.
sensational980 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 01:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: Trailblazer SS
CarthageGT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

^ A properly set up fwd can get traction. There are fwd cars that will eat rwd cars off the line even on the street.

CarthageGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 09:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member

thanks to all who responded back. no this is not my only car . I have a 94 sunbird but thats being sold in the spring when i put my stealth on the road so i can find a better car for college in the winter.

I am not looking to drag race. or to race from a dig. I am looking for a fast car from 25-125mph I mainly go to car shows and when people see my engine bay their faces are priceless. people do not have these cars where i live and if they do 99% of them are POS rust buckets. this year when i go to car shows i want them to see a whole new beast with turbos, not that i sold it and bought a vr4. i see 2 other 3S cars a year out on the streets. my car has low miles and new paint and rims so selling is not an option in my book. I feel confident enough in my mechanics skills to do the conversion. plus i already have an safc2 that i know how to use. plus a performance radiator, TT plenum, solid mount, coil overs, and a 255 fuel pump. thats like 25% of the conversion already done (<-----this stuff is installed already)
Old 01-21-2013, 09:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 99 SL
stealthytom is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarthageGT View Post
^ A properly set up fwd can get traction. There are fwd cars that will eat rwd cars off the line even on the street.
the 3S chassis was designed first as awd, our weight distribution is very bad for fwd
stealthytom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 12:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member

bump. come on guys
Old 01-21-2013, 02:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Pay it forward

Drives: With Both Hands
Adam7 Level 1Adam7 Level 1
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

I would keep the sunfire as your daily before starting. Even when your finished, I would recommend having another car. Just in case, plus you wont cut corners if something happens. You wont feel the need to rush because you have to work the next day.
1998 3000GT SL: TT Conversion w/Chrome V2 ECU @13psi. IPS downpipe, Racepipe, Borla catback, Catless, polished Ypipe, Injen filter, Kurama intercooler hose's, 3sx fuel loop, Stm filter to rail, Hotwired fuel pump, Greddy+Mishimotto catch cans, Hallman pro MBC, Msd 8.5wires, FMOC, EVO9 BOV, 18x9 Saleens w/Nitto's, Powerslot rotors, Hawk pads, 5k Hid's,Marqui window tint, Tenzo racing seats, Weight reduction(289lbs),Gasket matched TB/upper/lower plenum,Polished exhaust manifold, Hdr front lip,UP rear strut bar,JDM Tails,Autometer sport comp gauges(center vent & pod) AEM WBO2
Adam7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Modifications and Technical Support > Engine - Non-Turbo > Engine - NA to Forced Induction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.