My ABS motor keeps running after I turn off the Key. What is an HU? Need a fix Link. - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Modifications and Technical Support > Tires,Wheels, Brakes & Suspension

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2010, 10:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
vr4god

Drives: 1992 VR4
VR4god is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Default My ABS motor keeps running after I turn off the Key. What is an HU? Need a fix Link.

Can someone give me a link on this topic, ABS pump keeps running and what does HU mean? I searched but no good information on the ABS pump and the relay fix and other info regarding the same. Just a WIKI or a post link on this subject please. Thank you all. I don't know what HU stands for. What is it?

1992 VR4 (Red)* K & N w/ new MAS * NGK BKR7E(4644) Plugs gapped .034 (told to use instead of platinum by the 3SX service manager and to change every 12K. Im questioning this now. He said not to waste the money on the platinum's, thoughts?) /Magnecore KV85 wires* Gutted pre-cats* HKS EVC V Boost Controller *18" SSR GT1 wheels* Falken Tires Z+ Rated Tires (they suck worn out at 10,000 miles)* Black Leather Interior * Removable Glass Top* Black Tinted Windows * Speed bleeders* RPS Street Disc, RPS Pressure plate * Billet/RPS Flywheel * Kenwood/JL Audio Speakers/3-Rockford Fosgate Amps in series sound system * Replaced entire engine with brand new Short block * Heads fully rebuilt with all new parts by Strasburg Racing (A top fuel Dragster team I know), Replaced w/ 3rd Gen lifters, & brand new 15g Turbos, new oil lines, $14,000 in motor overall (Valvoline Oil 5W-30 winter and 10W-30 in summer) * Brand New 5 speed w/25 splines Transmission and Transfer case. Not re-manufactured but Brand New direct from Getrag Germany>Mitsubishi Japan>To vr4god in the USA * Red Line Oil entire Drive-train * Greddy Type S BOV * Borla Exhaust * Intrax Lowering Springs * Adjustable Rear Control Arms * PST 2 piece drive-line * 550 cc injectors (in the car right now 360 cc) * SAFC2 (out of car for now) * Brembo brakes/Rotors * Walbro 255 Fuel Pump (hotwired) * EK2 Down pipe * Brand new OEM ECU 9966 * Updated 4-22-11
VR4god is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2010, 10:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Breaks everything

Drives: 1999 VR4
JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Default Re: My ABS motor keeps running after I turn off the Key. What is an HU? Need a fix Li

copied my post in the other thread.

The ABS pump on most car is generally directly wired to a constant power source. The control unit is live when the car is keyed "live".

So, either the pump is bad or the relay which controls the power to the pump is(most likely of the two). Either pull the fuse and order a delete kit or replace the relay(not that pricey, cheaper than an ABS delete kit). I'd gander the relay failed.

Jason

Silverstone Metallic 94 R2 FD - 2014 CCSB Ram 2500 Cummins/68FRE
Sold: Black 99 VR4 and two Pearl White 93 VR4's.
JasonY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2010, 10:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
vr4god

Default Re: My ABS motor keeps running after I turn off the Key. What is an HU? Need a fix Li

Where is the fuse so I can just take it out and will that stop the pump from just running?? I see many fuses but which one turns off that pump until I can get to the relay. Thank you Jason
Old 12-04-2010, 10:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Breaks everything

Drives: 1999 VR4
JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3JasonY Level 3
Feedback Score: 38 reviews

In the main fuse box under the hood, i dont know exactly which, hopefully your sticker on the cover is in good enough shape to find which one.

Jason
JasonY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2010, 12:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
vr4god

I see three ABS fuses and 1 is a relay in that box. I cannot get the bottom 30 amp fuse to come out. I have pulled till its almost broken it. I cannot get it out while the other fuses come right out. The other 2 fuses dont make it stop running. I was giong to take a wire off the motor for now. Its a 30 amp yellow fuse in bottom left corner over the ABS area and that damn thing will not pull out of the 2 sockets, why?? all the other fusses pull right out, it is strange as hell this problem just started as I was going to replace the injector wiring today and a foglight and went to get a drink when it started. I cannot get to the relay at the pump. Its protected under this steel brace uner the front wheel passenger side and I see the motor and 3 bolts that may remove that protective cover but where is that relay that is probably the whole cause to this problem and what does it look like?
Old 12-05-2010, 12:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
vr4god

My experiences with hydraulic pumps are if it is cavitated with air it wont grab any fluid and continue to turn as it requires flooded suction. I am baffled to this. All these F'ing problems are coming out of nowhere. I have the car almost running perfect and now this. This happened once before but I disconnected the battery and reconnected it after a few minutes and it was off. Now several months later it does it again and this time wont stop so battery is disconnected and I have a TPS to replace and other stuff planned for this weekend. Damn this sucks. I know its either a cavitated pump, air in it, which I dont know how or it must be a stuck relay. I have not burned up anything at this point as I caught it right when the light came on. But I am so pissed at this car for giving me so much grief all at once too. If I can find the relay and just tap on it it may stop
Old 12-05-2010, 08:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
vr4god

The part is made of steel coated rubber from the factory. It is not glued in. If I have to I will take it to small claims. I have tons of evidence and if I win you all will win too as it will be a documented case vr4god VS Getrag or Mitsubishi or whatever the judge awards, cant use a lawyer only for legal assistance and they say I have a case due to the amount of money lost, cheaper to go small claims up to $5000. But I am not letting them get away with it and somebody must fight, this was a new reman Mits Tranny bought 2 years ago if that from an authorized dealer. Number 4. The other 2 were warranty returns. All I have is gain and a $30.00 filing fee in my jurisdiction. Oooops I was going to stay quiet. Talk to you later Chris. I bought those parts you advised also Chris, thank you.

My early Xmas presents and I fixed my cut out problem last night on car and was up till 10am today. It seems it was a TPS and bad front injector pigtails and cracked wiring . Did alot of soldering. After 3 years I am still ready for it to cut out again. Its not a fuel cut but a full power cut. Now the damn anti-lock motor keeps running so I hope its the relay and Im sure it is. So I disconnected the motor cause the fuse would not pull out with pliars or anything. Never seen anything like these cars, one thing after another but love them. Hey I'm becoming quite the mechanic and do alot of reading on how and thank you to all the members here. This is a great bunch of people here. Now I'm fixing my 84 Chevy Silverado, that's a damn nice custom built truck, blood red/black 3 stage custom painted with 35" brand new all terrains on it to. Only 140,000 on a 350. Just lost spark and had it analyzed and its a pick up coil or the plastic part, ignition module only and then register the plates and its done. A must have in the snow. We have at least 15" here minimum. I want to move to Phoenix. LOL. You all take care and thank you

Last edited by VR4god; 12-05-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
vr4god

just so everyone knows that fuse is screwed in. Damn I almost broke it trying to get it out and ended up disconnecting the motor. THE ABS FUSE THAT YOU NEED TO PULL IF YOUR RELAY IS STICKING OR PUMP WONT SHUT OFF IS SCREWED IN. THE SCREW IS ON THE SIDE. Nobody on here mentions that. Thanks to a msg I was just PM'd told me about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Modifications and Technical Support > Tires,Wheels, Brakes & Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.