Whats under Your hood? - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center
3000GT/Stealth International 3000GT/Stealth International

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Modifications and Technical Support > Engine - Non-Turbo

3SI.org is the premier Mitsubishi 3000GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member

Drives: 3000gt
fakemessiah23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up Whats under Your hood?

ok so im pretty new i know others are new and wanna mod there N/a like i do and are lost in the world lol so i thought if you folks that have all your mods in your sig or not could give a run down of whats under your hood or what suspension you have going on. things you like things you wish you didnt do.

Not to be a dick but i see alot of shoulda just bought a vr4 and not that i disagree but some of us didnt or dont wanna go that route. like i bought my 95 SL for a DD but im just looking for a little pick me up with out to gonzo seeing as i dont grow money trees......... YET

also im looking for build threads is there an organized section or are they more scattered, i like reading and looking at pictures of all your guys' rides .....

i figure it might help compare brands,prices, power gain/loss, drivability, on road/track use and stuff............
fakemessiah23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 05:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member

Default Re: Whats under Your hood?

Oh yeah bc i see this posted and im getting mine done as we speak pre performance upgrades please maintenance maintenance maintenance get you 60k/120k and so on and so forth done.......... :d
Old 11-05-2012, 04:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Wheee! 2 wheels is fun!

Drives: Various Japanese
speedy25 Level 1speedy25 Level 1speedy25 Level 1
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Just look at the top of this forum for the NA upgrade bible. Its all there already.

-SP
speedy25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2012, 07:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member

I did that tells you hearers pulleys exhaust, I figure here you can say what headers you have box and either they suck or they rock go little more in depth with the brands of these parts
Old 11-06-2012, 06:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
COLLEGE BOY

Drives: 91 stealth ES/RT
zach8558 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

In all honesty you need to gauge your expectations for your car against your wallet ...because moding never stops which means you won't ever stop forking out ...if your just daily driving your car why not do body mods and a nice set of wheels ..... my TT spun a bearing and I hit the realization that as a college kid I can't pocket fully restoring a car so I put the body on my sohc did some polishing and a little housekeeping and im fully satisfied with being a stealth owner and being able to eat ...screw headers just get a hold of a used 3sx down pipe and your good
zach8558 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2012, 06:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member

not disagreeing with any above statements but i meant for this thread to help new or seasoned members to help compare part and prices with other people have already expierenced with, what i wanna do is irrelevant i mean like

person A has
headers A
downpipe A
CAtback A
it ran him $$ and got him 50hp and seat of the pants feel

person b has
headers B
downpipeB
catback B
it ran him$$ and got him 30hp and this header rusted thru after a year and got no seat of pants feel

i feel this narrows the N/a bible down a bit helps people compare and see good reviews on parts the want( power gains, instal friendly, did it stand the test of time)

so people dont have to scroll thru thousands of websites or threads looking for a review or dyno of a part....
Old 11-06-2012, 06:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member

and i no the money i have to spend but want to spend it right so do i go with obx headers or 3sx headers i come here read a review or two to help concrete my descion or i read and see a brand ive never heard of and thats actually cheaper and install friendly.....
Old 11-06-2012, 07:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
COLLEGE BOY

Drives: 91 stealth ES/RT
zach8558 is an unknown quantity at this point

gotcha lol its early...welp the search feature really helps because its not loads of mindless info there are guys on this site that know their stuff and have used the products so it's worth skimming through but from what I researched
headers come alive with head work porting,cams,cam gears etc. $$$$ that's why the downpipe is best bet cuz a few hours and a few beers and its on. both on a stock car will net about the same hp which you won't feel.
Catback isn't really worth going into because everyone has they're own they like...man your really asking a broad question and 9 times of 10 its all here on the search bar ...im trying to help sorry lol
zach8558 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2012, 07:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member

Hey no biggie I just thought this would help any body with questions BC when use the search bar I do get info but I figure put it all in one thread oh well good intentions
Old 11-07-2012, 09:31 AM   #10 (permalink)
Paid Member

Drives: Mitsubishi
GTwizard Level 1GTwizard Level 1

Try this. LOL. If you wish for just a bit more power, and to be able to do it with not much investment. Wish really, really fucking hard. Because it is not going to happen.
I will tell you to keep your driveline stock. If you love to drive, start with suspension.
If the pain of that does not hurt, than move on to power builders. Oh, 1 more thing. There is no any one thing that will make a big difference. For that, YOU NEED all of it. A complete package. It is a complete package working together that puts you in the world
of HiPo NA. I do this because I love it. I most times build TT cars for customers. But for us, we campane NA. Simply because NO one in the right frame of mind would do what we have done. The cost easily puts you into VR4 range. In fact an expensive one at that. WE nave a new look this year. Must be ready in 2 days. Pics and performance specks after TXgathering this week end. Watch the Video in my sig. And see just how mine sounds and runs. You would not want to drive this to work.

OBX long tube headers, Flow master single 3" in with dual 2.5 outs. VR4 runners with 2 liter plenum, port matched lower intake, stage 3 or better race preped heads with 1 mm oversize Rev valves, Rev race dual springs and Rev keepers, Delta/HKS 272 cams, 3SX adjustable cam gears, 3.0 Cobra Mustang Throttle body, 3.0 LT1 maft and Maftranslater gen II, Alum. Flywheel, Spec stage 5 clutch, VR4 injectors, Wizard wires, Unorthadox under drive. IPS fuel rails w/adj FPR, Fuel loop, Walboro 255 hot wired, Hot wired single fan. Short shifter, Battery relocate. EBC front slotted rotors, EBC Yellow stuff Pads, 3SX SST brake lines, sway bars, springs.
No IAC, NO AC, NO extra weight, VR4 ECU as of NG2011. Still 10 to 1 slugs, Nitto NT05 Comptition Road Course Racing tires. Magan coil overs, 3sx adjustable rear links.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s0I3tnGGmg[/url]
1st place fastest NA - TXG 2012. 1ST place highest hp NA-240 FWHP TXG-2012. 1st place fastest NA - Drag - TXG 11 98mph, 1st place quickest NA - drags 14.773, 1st place Dyno - TXG11 229 FWHP & 236 tq, 2ND place Auto cross NA C/S- NG2011, 1ST place NA dyno - TX gathering 2010 - 229 FWHP & 199 tq, 1st place Fastest NA - TXG 2010 - 98.3 trap, 1st Place quickest NA - TXG 2010 - 14.680, 2ND place 1/4 at NG10, best NA time NG10 - 14.932- no traction, 2ND place 1/4 at NG09,
2ND place Autocross NG09
GTwizard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

3000GT/Stealth International Message Center > Modifications and Technical Support > Engine - Non-Turbo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Free email addresses do not work(yahoo, hotmail, gmail,...)
We are currently being blocked by AOL so any AOL based address may not work(aol.com, aim.com, netscape.net, cs.com)
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.